Team Fortress 2

Saumil

I think this really deserves a separate thread than the Orange Box thread since that's just the name Valve gave to a bundle. Plus it's unacceptable that some people still ask what TF2 is all about. So...

Team Fortress 2 *Now Free 2 Play forever*

Developer: Valve

Genre: Class-based multiplayer FPS

Platforms: PC/Mac, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Team Fortress® 2 (TF2) is the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map. TF2 delivers new gametypes, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.

Unlike other "class-based" games that offer a variety of combat classes only, Team Fortress 2 packs a wild variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities, and lend themselves to a variety of player skills.

Play as the flame-throwing Pyro, the room clearing Heavy, or the Spy, a master of disguises. Other classes include: Scout, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Demoman, or Soldier.

TF2 features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date - and the most exciting class-based action ever created.

Meet the Team

Nine mercenaries have come together for a job. It's the middle-ish part of a century a lot like the one we just had. A simpler time. There are three TV stations, one phone company, and two holding corporations that secretly control every government on the planet. Each corporation administers its half of the world with a multi-disciplined army of paper pushers. For any problem lacking an obvious bureaucratic solution, mercenaries like these are contracted to address the situation through a massive application of force. Now's your chance to Meet the Team.

How n00b friendly is TF2? Is it as brutal as CS where beginners are raped and scarred in their first few games never to return? I really want to get into it but every time I've tried it, it's been quite overwhelming..

Alright! TF2 gets its own thread! The 1000+ hours I've spent on it was well worth it! :bigyellowgrin:

How n00b friendly is TF2? Is it as brutal as CS where beginners are raped and scarred in their first few games never to return? I really want to get into it but every time I've tried it, it's been quite overwhelming..

If you're new and finding it hard I have two suggestions :

1. Start playing as Medic. Most of your time is spent healing. So do that but DONT get killed. Wait for 100% uber then go for your 8 seconds of fame! Use the syringe gun to take out hurt and dying enemies. (Although it works excellent against Pyros and shotgun enemies at range). You can easily go MVP as Medic this way! :clap3: Another important thing if you're new and playing Medic is just observe how other guys are playing. You'll learn a lot.

2. After that you might want to shift to Engineer. You can play this guy as defensive or offensive. If you are at all good at making tactical decisions you'll find some great places for the SG. Also playing Engi doesn't mean sitting back and letting your SG do the work. Go out and use the guns you have also. :)

Just one thing...TF2 is the one of those games where you will have fun even if you don't make any points.

There are some " hindrances " however, its that the gametypes, class usage, unlockables and map layout can be confusing for new people...the best thing to deal with this is play some more & keep asking for help from people while you are playing (they WILL help you..unless they are being an a*s).

Woot. Good OP and the videos are nice. This is the best MP game out there.

Indeed...and we deserve a cookie for being among the 1337s who play this game

@ Gautam

Consider this

I have been a serious gamer since doom 1 days... During this time I have played some truly amazing games

Having said that the most times spent on any one game are GTA VC - 50 hrs and GTA San Andreas 95 hours.

Then I Got Orange box and played TF2...my life changed...I have 217 hours and counting. It has so much variety that its very difficult not put in at-least a 100 hours.

As mentioned you could start off with being a medic but its not a bad idea being an engineer either.

TF2 is part of orange box and the 600 bucks you spend will be worth every rupee.

PS - If ever I am stranded on an island( with internet connectivity of course!! ) and have to pick one game to play, it would be TF2 ...

:dance:

Seems like you never played an RPG or any other MP game before :scratchchin:

Cause 200 hours are honestly like nothing for a 3 year old multiplayer focused game. :P

Woot. Good OP and the videos are nice. This is the best MP game out there.

+1 to that.

It's just the kinda game where u can get pwned badly over the course of a match and still have loads of fun.

Oh, all those hours spent sniping on TF2. Sadly, I've never really gotten around to playing Spy and Demoman much. I tend to favour Scouts, Snipers and Heavies the most.

Archived