Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fortress 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
I think this really deserves a separate thread than the Orange Box thread since that's just the name Valve gave to a bundle. Plus it's unacceptable that some people still ask what TF2 is all about. So...

Team Fortress 2 *Now Free 2 Play forever*

Developer: Valve
Genre: Class-based multiplayer FPS
Platforms: PC/Mac, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Team Fortress® 2 (TF2) is the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map. TF2 delivers new gametypes, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.

Unlike other "class-based" games that offer a variety of combat classes only, Team Fortress 2 packs a wild variety of classes which provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities, and lend themselves to a variety of player skills.

Play as the flame-throwing Pyro, the room clearing Heavy, or the Spy, a master of disguises. Other classes include: Scout, Sniper, Medic, Engineer, Demoman, or Soldier.

TF2 features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date - and the most exciting class-based action ever created.

Meet the Team

Nine mercenaries have come together for a job. It's the middle-ish part of a century a lot like the one we just had. A simpler time. There are three TV stations, one phone company, and two holding corporations that secretly control every government on the planet. Each corporation administers its half of the world with a multi-disciplined army of paper pushers. For any problem lacking an obvious bureaucratic solution, mercenaries like these are contracted to address the situation through a massive application of force. Now's your chance to Meet the Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42d0WHRSck

Edited by Saumil, 25 June 2011 - 01:53 PM.

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Gautam

Gautam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • XBL GT:declause
  • PSN ID:beclause
How n00b friendly is TF2? Is it as brutal as CS where beginners are raped and scarred in their first few games never to return? I really want to get into it but every time I've tried it, it's been quite overwhelming..

theneurotoxin

theneurotoxin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Steam:theneurotoxin
:thumbsup:
And you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. It's freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of the road that screams reassurance that whatever you are doing is okay. You are okay.

shad0wprince

shad0wprince

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • PSN ID:shadowprince18
  • Steam:shad0wprince
Alright! TF2 gets its own thread! The 1000+ hours I've spent on it was well worth it! :bigyellowgrin:

How n00b friendly is TF2? Is it as brutal as CS where beginners are raped and scarred in their first few games never to return? I really want to get into it but every time I've tried it, it's been quite overwhelming..

If you're new and finding it hard I have two suggestions :

1. Start playing as Medic. Most of your time is spent healing. So do that but DONT get killed. Wait for 100% uber then go for your 8 seconds of fame! Use the syringe gun to take out hurt and dying enemies. (Although it works excellent against Pyros and shotgun enemies at range). You can easily go MVP as Medic this way! :clap3: Another important thing if you're new and playing Medic is just observe how other guys are playing. You'll learn a lot.

2. After that you might want to shift to Engineer. You can play this guy as defensive or offensive. If you are at all good at making tactical decisions you'll find some great places for the SG. Also playing Engi doesn't mean sitting back and letting your SG do the work. Go out and use the guns you have also. :)
Posted Image

praveer

praveer

Which way to the friend zone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • XBL GT:xUselessoulx
  • PSN ID:nOoblet16
  • Steam:ajrobben
  • Now Playing:Je peux le faire !

Just one thing...TF2 is the one of those games where you will have fun even if you don't make any points.

There are some " hindrances " however, its that the gametypes, class usage, unlockables and map layout can be confusing for new people...the best thing to deal with this is play some more & keep asking for help from people while you are playing (they WILL help you..unless they are being an a*s).

kFGDMIp.jpg

Bulovski

Bulovski

Grandpa Awesomesauce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts
  • XBL GT:bul0vski
  • PSN ID:bulovski
  • Steam:bulovski
Woot. Good OP and the videos are nice. This is the best MP game out there.

I will get there

praveer

praveer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Indeed...and we deserve a cookie for being among the 1337s who play this game

kFGDMIp.jpg

satanicsaint

satanicsaint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • XBL GT:catchchaos
@ Gautam

Consider this

I have been a serious gamer since doom 1 days... During this time I have played some truly amazing games
Having said that the most times spent on any one game are GTA VC - 50 hrs and GTA San Andreas 95 hours.

Then I Got Orange box and played TF2...my life changed...I have 217 hours and counting. It has so much variety that its very difficult not put in at-least a 100 hours.

As mentioned you could start off with being a medic but its not a bad idea being an engineer either.
TF2 is part of orange box and the 600 bucks you spend will be worth every rupee.

PS - If ever I am stranded on an island( with internet connectivity of course!! ) and have to pick one game to play, it would be TF2 ...
:dance:
Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just, do things.
- Heath Ledger (The Joker : The Dark Knight 2008)

praveer

praveer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
Seems like you never played an RPG or any other MP game before :scratchchin:

Cause 200 hours are honestly like nothing for a 3 year old multiplayer focused game. :P

Edited by Pee-Rav-Eer, 01 August 2010 - 03:08 AM.

kFGDMIp.jpg

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
Some crazy folk in my Friends list have clocked in 2000+ hours on TF2.
I myself am at 350 hours.

Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • Now Playing:Minesweeper
Nice OP :good:

Also I agree that this is the best MP game :thumbsup:

Keyofx

Keyofx

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts
  • XBL GT:Keyofx
  • PSN ID:Keyofx
  • Steam:Keyofx
  • Now Playing:TDU 2

The war-themed hat simulator

:lol:

Consoles/Handhelds/PC: Atari 2600/NES/Sega MegaDrive/PlayStation 2/Nintendo DS/Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita/i5 4670+GTX 770/PlayStation 4

I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,659 posts

+1 to that.

It's just the kinda game where u can get pwned badly over the course of a match and still have loads of fun.

Oh, all those hours spent sniping on TF2. Sadly, I've never really gotten around to playing Spy and Demoman much. I tend to favour Scouts, Snipers and Heavies the most.
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

silentassassin

silentassassin

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,816 posts
  • PSN ID:SilentAsssasssin
this game is on PS3 :O

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

Please download our game : Android

Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
^ Yup... Its there in "The Orange Box"

Posted Image

Gautam

Gautam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
Did u guys know the announcer in TF2 is the same female who voiced Glados in Portal :panic:

praveer

praveer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

this game is on PS3 :O

The Alpha is on PS3 & Beta is on Xbox 360...full version ? Only PC :bigyellowgrin:

Edited by Pee-Rav-Eer, 01 August 2010 - 03:20 PM.

• Dark_Knight likes this

kFGDMIp.jpg

Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

The Alpha is on PS3 & Beta is on Xbox 360...full version ? Only PC :bigyellowgrin:

:rofl:

Repped for the truth :P

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Play as the Medic and keep healing injured players as fast as you can. You get points not only for kill assists but also for the amount of healing you dish out. I guarantee you will be MVP 8/10 times.

Or play as the Engineer. This is a bit more tricky as you need to know the maps and game pacing mechanics. Keep moving up teleporters and dispensers as your team captures points. You score points for each teleport and just how well your dispenser is serving your teammates.
And if you're ninja enough, try sneaking in sentries into offensive positions so that your team never has to fall back.

Gautam

Gautam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Play as the Medic and keep healing injured players as fast as you can. You get points not only for kill assists but also for the amount of healing you dish out. I guarantee you will be MVP 8/10 times.

Or play as the Engineer. This is a bit more tricky as you need to know the maps and game pacing mechanics. Keep moving up teleporters and dispensers as your team captures points. You score points for each teleport and just how well your dispenser is serving your teammates.
And if you're ninja enough, try sneaking in sentries into offensive positions so that your team never has to fall back.

Yes, played as a Medic yesterday. Was lotta fun. I reached ubercharge but had no idea what it was. Finished the round without using it. Teammates were asking why I didn't use it and I replied asking how? :doh:

Why don't you guys just post in this thread whenever u plan to play? Will join in whenever I can. Wanna learn more of the game..

beb0p

beb0p

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • PSN ID:blah_wanderer
  • Steam:beb0p
Start off as Pyro and burn fools left, right and center.
Also, Pyro has the best taunt ever!

Thanks for starting this thread.
PC|Wii|PS3|Android|CanonT4i

spindoctor

spindoctor

I R STEAM'S BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts
  • XBL GT:sp1ndoctor
  • PSN ID:sp2ndoctor
  • Steam:sp1n

Yes, played as a Medic yesterday. Was lotta fun. I reached ubercharge but had no idea what it was. Finished the round without using it. Teammates were asking why I didn't use it and I replied asking how? :doh:

When your ubercharge reaches 100%, you can activate it by right clicking. that will give you and your current healing target invulnerability for 8 seconds. which means that you and the person you are healing will not take any damage at all during that period, and it is a good way to push forward and destroy sentries or clear choke points in the map.

Edited by spindoctor, 01 August 2010 - 08:11 PM.

Using a new PSN ID - sp2ndoctor
Posted Image

Gautam

Gautam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

When your ubercharge reaches 100%, you can activate it by right clicking. that will give you and your current healing target invulnerability for 8 seconds. which means that you and the person you are healing will not take any damage at all during that period, and it is a good way to push forward and destroy sentries or clear choke points in the map.

Yup figured that out. Been reading on the gameplay mechanics. It seems to be a rather deep game with lots of tactics and strategies. I guess I'll stick to the simpler classes initially..

El Tigre Chino

El Tigre Chino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • XBL GT:EvoZaniac
  • PSN ID:evoz_in
  • Steam:Mr.Perry
  • Now Playing:Titanfall
http://www.tf2items....561198002087847
My backpack :rolleyes:

Steam|Origin|Battlelog|LolLookEvo

Twitter: @AverageDikra

Saumil

Saumil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
^ Awesome avatar :P. He seems very happy killing tiny babies.

Aman27deep

Aman27deep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
Undoubtedly its the best MP-shooter on PC ATM, and i think only TF3 can surpass that ;P

I've clocked in at some 1,200+ hours on 3 different account lol. some of you might have played with me on SG servers, i go by the name of "reYez." on steam.
Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 4 GHz| MSI P55-GD65 | BenQ GW2760S | XFX Double D R9-270X | G-Skill Ripjaws 4*2 GB Dual channel DDR3 1600 MHz | XONAR DGX | 5.5 TB (6 HDDs) | Corsair TX650M | Corsair H80i | CM 430 | Logitech G110 | Logitech G400S | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Goliathus Large | 2x Xbox 360 controller

PS3 320 GB ROGERO 4.50 | Samsung LA32C530 | Sony Xperia Z | HP Omni 10

Aman27deep

Aman27deep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
Here's my BACKPACK. I only have 9 non event hats lol.

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561198002087847
My backpack :rolleyes:

You have 2 batter's helm, craft one of them with a Bonk atomic for a surprise :P
Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 4 GHz| MSI P55-GD65 | BenQ GW2760S | XFX Double D R9-270X | G-Skill Ripjaws 4*2 GB Dual channel DDR3 1600 MHz | XONAR DGX | 5.5 TB (6 HDDs) | Corsair TX650M | Corsair H80i | CM 430 | Logitech G110 | Logitech G400S | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Goliathus Large | 2x Xbox 360 controller

PS3 320 GB ROGERO 4.50 | Samsung LA32C530 | Sony Xperia Z | HP Omni 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users