Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SSX

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,848 posts
Posted Image

Developer: EA Canada
Publisher: EA Sports
Platforms: PS3/360
Release Date: TBA

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

INFO

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descents will pit riders versus both mountain and man. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them. From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade. And the mountain isn’t the only danger players will face. In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.

Posted Image

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
I'm not sure I like the tone of the trailer. SSX games supposed to be colourful and arcadey. I don't want to snowboard down real world mountains and battle the elements. I want blazing speeds and crazy tricks on ridiculously unrealistic slopes.
"This is no place for a horse"

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,848 posts
Agree, but at least they are making the game in the first place.

Edited by Karooo, 12 December 2010 - 09:52 AM.

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
TBH, I'd rather go back and play SSX3 on PS2 than a snowboarding simulator. I read somewhere that they're going to introduce Skate-like controls. If that is the case, it means they're going to severely reduce the sense of speed, which is a complete no-no.

Need more details. Weekend is a horrible time to reveal a game. No press releases :(

peace

praveer

praveer

Which way to the friend zone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,744 posts
  • XBL GT:xUselessoulx
  • PSN ID:nOoblet16
  • Steam:ajrobben
  • Now Playing:Je peux le faire !
I found Skate's controls terrible and not fun, there's nothing "realistic" about playing a skateboarding/skating/snowboarding game with a controller FFS !

Edited by praveer, 12 December 2010 - 10:04 AM.

kFGDMIp.jpg

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,848 posts
http://www.ea.com/ssx

Sam go here, the website is up, tons of info.

silentassassin

silentassassin

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,103 posts
  • PSN ID:SilentAsssasssin
:wOOtjumpy:

Awesome..

If its simulation then :thumbdown:

SSX was always about defying physics...

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

Please download our game : Android

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,226 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls

TBH, I'd rather go back and play SSX3 on PS2 than a snowboarding simulator. I read somewhere that they're going to introduce Skate-like controls. If that is the case, it means they're going to severely reduce the sense of speed, which is a complete no-no.

Yep. Read that somewhere else as well. Its not really a good idea. As an arcade game it was fun as a sim it wont be the same.

I found Skate's controls terrible and not fun, there's nothing "realistic" about playing a skateboarding/skating/snowboarding game with a controller FFS !

I thought Skate's controls were fine for what the game was. They just dont seem to belong here.

Still, a little excited.

/Hums Dont let the man get you down.

That song needs to return to the OST. :P

And rise with me forever, across the silent sands.

And the stars will be your eyes and the wind will be my hands.

tif

tif

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • XBL GT:scuderiaT1fos1
  • PSN ID:scuderia_tifosi

I found them really gr8 , about the realistic part...well atleast its better than the recent Tony hawk games.

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts
Simulator? WTF... :fogug:

I don't want no simulator.. damn just gimme SSX as it was back on the PS2 :wub:
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

praveer

praveer

Which way to the friend zone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,744 posts
  • XBL GT:xUselessoulx
  • PSN ID:nOoblet16
  • Steam:ajrobben
  • Now Playing:Je peux le faire !
As Gaf put it....this is a Tom Clancy game !

I found them really gr8 , about the realistic part...well atleast its better than the recent Tony hawk games.

The reason why people loved Tony Hawk games was because you could grind on telephone wires, jump off building, perform an ollie over a flying helicopter, land inside a building and grind you way to the ground floor making 10 million points.

There's nothing realistic about it, but its fun. Now look at Skate, there's no such outrageous stuff in there and the controls are about just as unrealistic as any other skateboarding game...afterall you are still playing a skateboarding game on a controller.

Edited by praveer, 13 December 2010 - 12:47 PM.

kFGDMIp.jpg

Madmage

Madmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • PSN ID:darahu83 psn india
I echo everyones sentiment, we dont really need a snowboarding sim and that too from a ip such as SSX which is all about crazy a*s speeds and tricks.
Posted Image

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • XBL GT:IGL MaK
  • PSN ID:Makatak9777
  • Now Playing:Titanfall MP

I echo everyones sentiment, we dont really need a snowboarding sim and that too from a ip such as SSX which is all about crazy a*s speeds and tricks.

+1 SSX: Deadly Decents should be like SSX Tricky or else a total waste of time :)
Posted Image

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • XBL GT:CarbonCore
  • PSN ID:CarbonCores
  • Steam:Carboncores
  • Now Playing:Wonderful 101

As Gaf put it....this is a Tom Clancy game !

Yeah I saw that thread, 'Tom Clancy's SSX: Dudebro Decent' :rofl:

Mel81x

Mel81x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • PSN ID:Mel81x
  • Now Playing:with Adobe Lightroom
what have they done to this killer franchise and when I saw the title of the thread I was all excited about seeing an SSX title out after a while on new hardware.
"You must believe you are the best and then make sure you are" - Bill Shankly [Liverpool FC Legend]

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,848 posts
Captain Price Snowboarding :rofl:

Well I am a bit optimistic though :|

Mel81x

Mel81x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • PSN ID:Mel81x
  • Now Playing:with Adobe Lightroom
i think they should have gone to Nintendo and added a Wii Board option to the game for more fun but I guess serious and realistic is the order of the day for EA these days.
"You must believe you are the best and then make sure you are" - Bill Shankly [Liverpool FC Legend]

THE DIRECTOR

THE DIRECTOR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • XBL GT:THE D1RECTOR
  • PSN ID:TheDirector
  • Steam:thedirector
i shat my pants when i saw the trailer, but....... NOW.. im getting abit worried.......... if i don't see Mac Fraser, Moby or Psymon............ THERE WILL BE PAIN EA........ PAIN!!!!

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,848 posts
* Rewind Feature
*17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth.
*The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.
*Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.
*Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.
*The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.
*Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)
*There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

THE DIRECTOR

THE DIRECTOR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • XBL GT:THE D1RECTOR
  • PSN ID:TheDirector
  • Steam:thedirector

* Rewind Feature
*17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth.
*The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.
*Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.
*Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.
*The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.
*Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)
*There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

some interesting points, but getting abit more worried about the lack UBERness of the game....... but will sleep better if the also included the old skool maps, like Garibaldi.

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
This interview makes me a lot more optimistic that this could be good :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's from EGM's digital mag.

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,226 posts
So this is going down shits creek -

The March 2011 Official X-box Magazine came out a few days ago with an article on SSX DD.

Creative director Todd Batty says everyone who sees SSX Tricky and SSX 3 thinks they are Wii games. He says that there are 10 "gamer types" for video games including "Explorers" who love big open worlds, "Managers" who love bartering and trading goods, and "Monsters" who mess people up. He says World of Warcraft hits nine of these types, and SSX DD currently hits 8, which is 2 more than SSX 3.

Summary of concrete features:
Right now, the game is split into 3 main modes. Campaign - where you tackle the 9 Deadly Descents, Explore, and Live Events. Xbox magazine seems to think this last option is for online events.
Plot: 3 returning characters including Zoe Payne get tired of the typical snowboard competition scene and form the SSX corporation to tackle the 9 deadliest mountains around the world. Some old characters join in for the challenge, but one drops out to race to get all 9 mountains done before the others. You step in as the new character "Jack", who is featured in all the screenshots.
Rewind feature is confirmed, though there will be some sort of penalty for using it
Batty says the danger element bridges the gap to an action-adventure game.
In-game equipment like ice axes will be able to be powered up through an RPG-type power-up system and that overusing them will incur an in-game penalty. He says you won't be able to just 'fly through' a level.
200-300 tracks through 9 peaks. I would say "tracks" are more like "paths" than tracks in the old way of thinking.
Expect Split/Second-type set pieces on every mountain, but they are not scripted events.
You pick the tracks you race through a "Google Earth" type interface, which you can zoom in and out and pick which path you'd like the helicopter to drop you on.
Now the doozy - Batty says they've simplified the process to do tricks from "nine inputs down to two". According to X-box magazine, they watched as he used the two analog sticks for the trick inputs: the left stick jumps and does spins, and sweeping motions with the right stick do tricks. Looks like some sort of Skate mechanic will make it through to the game. I have a strong hunch that Uber tricks will not make it into the game.
Batty says he's got a unique way of including the score-multiplier feature from the old games without resorting to large neon-colored snowflakes that ruin the feeling of reality.
Finally, it seems like it might be a 2012 release. Batty mentions that they have 15-months of development left on the game.

And finally, X-box magazine says that while fans are wondering "Why So Serious?" with SSX, they wonder if the fans shouldn't give EA the benefit of the doubt. After all, Heath Ledger as the Joker worked out well, didn't it?

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
f**k this. I want neon-colored snowflakes ruining the feeling of reality.

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,226 posts
STFU. That is Wii like and totally for kids. What are you, 12?

Real men dont play anything that has more than 3 colors in it.

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts

Batty says he's got a unique way of including the score-multiplier feature from the old games without resorting to large neon-colored snowflakes that ruin the feeling of reality.

Are they serious about it? :lol:

Rewind feature is confirmed

And this is realistic?

Snake

Snake

Codename? All the babes call me "Boo Boo"..

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,074 posts
  • PSN ID:Super_Snake87
  • Steam:solidsnake_87
  • Now Playing:Sleeping Dogs, CS:GO

Right now, the game is split into 3 main modes. Campaign - where you tackle the 9 Deadly Descents, Explore, and Live Events. Xbox magazine seems to think this last option is for online events.
Plot: 3 returning characters including Zoe Payne get tired of the typical snowboard competition scene and form the SSX corporation to tackle the 9 deadliest mountains around the world. Some old characters join in for the challenge, but one drops out to race to get all 9 mountains done before the others. You step in as the new character "Jack", who is featured in all the screenshots.
Rewind feature is confirmed, though there will be some sort of penalty for using it
Batty says the danger element bridges the gap to an action-adventure game.
In-game equipment like ice axes will be able to be powered up through an RPG-type power-up system and that overusing them will incur an in-game penalty. He says you won't be able to just 'fly through' a level.
200-300 tracks through 9 peaks. I would say "tracks" are more like "paths" than tracks in the old way of thinking.
Expect Split/Second-type set pieces on every mountain, but they are not scripted events.
You pick the tracks you race through a "Google Earth" type interface, which you can zoom in and out and pick which path you'd like the helicopter to drop you on.
Now the doozy - Batty says they've simplified the process to do tricks from "nine inputs down to two". According to X-box magazine, they watched as he used the two analog sticks for the trick inputs: the left stick jumps and does spins, and sweeping motions with the right stick do tricks. Looks like some sort of Skate mechanic will make it through to the game. I have a strong hunch that Uber tricks will not make it into the game.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,226 posts
This one is my favorite -

He says that there are 10 "gamer types" for video games including "Explorers" who love big open worlds, "Managers" who love bartering and trading goods, and "Monsters" who mess people up. He says World of Warcraft hits nine of these types, and SSX DD currently hits 8, which is 2 more than SSX 3.

You couldnt find a more perfect example of a game being designed by management guys instead of actual developers who know what "fun" is.

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts

In-game equipment like ice axes will be able to be powered up through an RPG-type power-up system

Day 1 dlc axes confirmed.

Doobz

Doobz

main aisa kyu hoon?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • XBL GT:XDoobzY
  • Steam:d00bz
Wuhh i dont want skaate mechanics i just want ssx3 with better gfx so i can have a mondo party with my friends online :(
Posted Image

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts

i just want ssx3 with better gfx so i can have a mondo party with my friends online :(

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users