Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HTC Desire The Best SmartPhone :: Exclusive Owner's Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

sam9s

sam9s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

ebuddy is one of the examples he gave,either way whats the point of TP chat applications? you have facebook for android

FB for android, what has that got to do with TP Chat Application ...... Most of my buddies are on Yahoo/MSN and office colleagues are on Gtalk and AIM, ofcourse quite a few are also on FB but thats not gonna solve the purpose .....

punkRAgHaV

punkRAgHaV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • PSN ID:spicyarora89
iphone4 is d best....

ColorCodePurple

ColorCodePurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • XBL GT:PurpleEssence
  • PSN ID:Purple-Essence
  • Now Playing:With you

iphone4 is d best....

no........

GameAnalyzer

GameAnalyzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • XBL GT:ILiight Ninja
  • PSN ID:iRocKsTaRzxX
  • Steam:gameanalyzer
Blackberry Storm 2 (VZW) it's also good i recently purchased it.
But HTC Desire HD is much Superior.

CristianoRonaldo_by_manishdesigns.png

Tarun Bhola

Tarun Bhola

Raiders UC2 Tourney Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • PSN ID:tarun_rocking
  • Now Playing:Black ops II
iphone 4 is not that good as everyone assumed before its launch...

Also apple has made its apps store not an easy accessible...

still using iphone 2g... bought it 1 year back..very rough & tough...

easy to jailbreak & unlock too.. as i do it by my own.. n good performance..

iphone is not the next choice..

will go for HTC or blackberry....

Edited by Tarun Bhola, 14 February 2011 - 02:29 PM.

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts
  • PSN ID:HOTPIXEL-US

iphone4 is d best....

Np bot really. Although 3gs was in its own time.
-p

punkRAgHaV

punkRAgHaV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • PSN ID:spicyarora89
nooo iphone4 jailbreaked on 4.1 ,.... over 3g connection plus live streaming using 3rd party apppss n 1000"s of application,,, gamess n much moree makess it d best phone..wheather any1 agrees or not ...i got both blackberry n d iphone4.....would choose i4 any damn day!!

sam9s

sam9s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

" over 3g connection plus live streaming using 3rd party apppss n 1000"s of application,,, gamess n much moree"

..................... that is something which we have over Android as well, with much better customization and UI.

Death Stryke

Death Stryke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • PSN ID:Death_Stryke
^
I'll give u customization.

But games? UI? Really? That has long been and still is Android's achilles heel. I'm yet to see any android app as fluid and as pleasing as the iOS counterpart. This is something highlighted in the most hardcore android blogs too. I would rather take consistent performance instead of being able to customize it. Apple's app store still has better quality apps when you compare apps common to both. Of course both app stores have apps which may be absent in the other app store, so your choice might tilt. The 82% share of the iOS app store in global app revenues is testimony to above fact.

Edited by Death Stryke, 22 February 2011 - 02:24 PM.

Shantz

Shantz

Tasker-ed by my better half

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
  • PSN ID:gabruwithguns-in

That has long been and still is Android's achilles heel.

:rofl:

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts

:rofl:

Oh the irony :lol:
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

sam9s

sam9s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

^
I'll give u customization.

But games? UI? Really? That has long been and still is Android's achilles heel. I'm yet to see any android app as fluid and as pleasing as the iOS counterpart. This is something highlighted in the most hardcore android blogs too. I would rather take consistent performance instead of being able to customize it. Apple's app store still has better quality apps when you compare apps common to both. Of course both app stores have apps which may be absent in the other app store, so your choice might tilt. The 82% share of the iOS app store in global app revenues is testimony to above fact.

what with jailbreak .... yea if you call changing some menu options and wallpaper change as customization ........ I have a jailbroken 3G as well and the level of customization my Desire HD has iPhone does not even come close ...... and what do you mean by fluid ..... I have like 60-80 apps loaded on my phone and all work flawlessly, except couple that crashes occasionally. Yes hardcore blogs do suggest apps stability on android is not something to shout about, but how does it really effect even a heavy app user in the end. I always was able to find a better alternative app ........and have found all the applications that are working pretty fine. Yes it took time, as maybe compared to an apple store, but I have managed to get every single application I wanted on Android market. Though games I do not play on phone but still, there are some awesome HD games on Android like sandstrom 2, nova, shift, asphalt 5, hero of sparta, assasins creed, dungeon hunter, heavy gunner, spider man HD, lets golf .....etc etc ....... Infact on SGS the quality of games even surpases iPhone 4.......

If you have any doubt on Google/Android as the new leader for Smart Phone, check this out, it has started to surpass even Nokia, who was a clear leader on smartphone marker with Syambian OS ..

http://www.fiercemob...form/2011-01-31

http://www.fiercemob....com/node/15305

Doobz

Doobz

main aisa kyu hoon?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • XBL GT:XDoobzY
  • Steam:d00bz
Nice review dude :cheers:
PS u accidently spelt HTC as HCT in the first line.
Posted Image

Death Stryke

Death Stryke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

what with jailbreak .... yea if you call changing some menu options and wallpaper change as customization ........ I have a jailbroken 3G as well and the level of customization my Desire HD has iPhone does not even come close ...... and what do you mean by fluid ..... I have like 60-80 apps loaded on my phone and all work flawlessly, except couple that crashes occasionally. Yes hardcore blogs do suggest apps stability on android is not something to shout about, but how does it really effect even a heavy app user in the end. I always was able to find a better alternative app ........and have found all the applications that are working pretty fine. Yes it took time, as maybe compared to an apple store, but I have managed to get every single application I wanted on Android market. Though games I do not play on phone but still, there are some awesome HD games on Android like sandstrom 2, nova, shift, asphalt 5, hero of sparta, assasins creed, dungeon hunter, heavy gunner, spider man HD, lets golf .....etc etc ....... Infact on SGS the quality of games even surpases iPhone 4.......

If you have any doubt on Google/Android as the new leader for Smart Phone, check this out, it has started to surpass even Nokia, who was a clear leader on smartphone marker with Syambian OS ..

http://www.fiercemob...form/2011-01-31

http://www.fiercemob....com/node/15305

I own an SGS, worst decision ever. I dont care about customization and tweaking with settings. I just want the damn thing to work as a 1 ghz phone should. But unfortunately the firmware is so buggy, it lags like hell. So, u might suggest custom rom? No I dont fancy that either. This is the reason why I hated the whole experience. I want a thing to work out of the box. I dont have time to ""customize"" and would rather that it looks and performs best out of the box. This is something iOS gives me. How does google expect to sync my contacts and outlook mail? Atleast iOS and iTunes allows me to sync my local address books and local mail program(outlook,windows mail, apple mail) even if its not an apple software. While on android, I have to sync with Google and then sync back to phone. Fk it, dont have time again. I'm not a geek. I'm an average guy who wants everything available from the get go! I dont even care about jailbreak. Whatever it provides out of the box is more than enough for me. I bought an ipod touch 4th gen just to alleviate the frustation. So I can gauge how the iPhon4 wil perform compared to the SGS. And you cannot compare an almost 3 year old phone with the SGS.

How does non fluidity affect me? :huh: Of course it affects me if the app doesnt perform as well as the iOS counterpart. Of course I want the app to look good, have a pleasing experience. I am not a stat/spec sheet wh*re mind u. If something advertises 50 features, you do those 50 well instead of doing 100 half bakes features.

And games on SGS better than iPhone 4 :O infinity blade, Rage, Real Racing 2, cut the rope burn the rope etc etc. All the best games are on iOS right now. And then maybe a few ported over to android. And all those games u talk of, where are they exactly? Lot of them are not on the market? Heck I only see fruit ninja as a recognizable title on the top ten paid list. I see some nondescript moron test as no 5 app :rofl:
.........Oh no no wait, those games you talk of are not even on the android market. BAM! sorry, another big minus. I want everything in one place. Multiple stores? do not want! Why the fk is gameloft selling titles elsewhere? An average guy will look for an app on the market in the phone, not anywhere else.

You talk of Android surpassing everyone. Sure, does it make a difference to me? My phone sucks, lags and being no 1 really hasn't sped up the performance. Android phones have outsold the iPhone today. But there are hundreds of different android devices while just 4 iPhones released since the past 4 years. Show me one single Android device which has outsold the iPhone? Any one will do. Can u do that?

A better comparison of sorts; iOS has 82% share of the entire app market in the world. While android has 10-11% and RIM taking the balance. This is after Android has outsold the iPhone with multiple devices. Again, not that the 82% share makes a difference to me directly, but if any dev wants to make a good app to earn some money, he knows where he has to go today, which in turn means I get even better applications and games thus enhancing my iOS experience.

Anyway, why bother. U like it. So be it. I dont want to change your opinion nor does ur or my own disapproval of anything make a difference. Live and let live! :P

Edited by Death Stryke, 27 February 2011 - 02:45 PM.

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts

Live and let live! :P

He means "Pull and let Pull" :fear:

kthxbai

:scarerun:
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

Death Stryke

Death Stryke

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
^Uff

Congrats on the paper tho. Interesting topic. Is it available online to have a read?

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts

^Uff

Congrats on the paper tho. Interesting topic. Is it available online to have a read?

Thank you. Lol, yes I can give you the link.. but the sad part is I'm an IEEE member and I still can't read my own paper cos I'm not a member of the relevant society :doh:

I can only read Electron Devices and Communication Society papers on IEEE Xplore :( not my own one on OLEDs and 3D Displays.

theneurotoxin

theneurotoxin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Steam:theneurotoxin

I own an SGS, worst decision ever.

I'm surprised you are still using it.

And you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. It's freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of the road that screams reassurance that whatever you are doing is okay. You are okay.

K3K

K3K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • XBL GT:krishkum4r
  • PSN ID:merrygoround656
  • Steam:krishkumar
you should have typed this in the phone so the damn thing could have atleast tried auto-correcting all this.

Shantz

Shantz

Tasker-ed by my better half

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
  • PSN ID:gabruwithguns-in
Posted Image

nasty2857068

nasty2857068

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • XBL GT:worryingfilly
  • PSN ID:filly1
  • Steam:namannasty123
Colors look amazing on an amoled htc desire and i am soo used to the amoled now that i cant bear to buy another phone without this screen :(
So have to stick to samsung :cry:
Posted Image

Tukulu

Tukulu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • XBL GT:TukTuk Tukulu
  • Steam:tukulu
  • Now Playing:Guild Wars 2
nice

76561198032316857.png

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,150 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
Hey guys,
I can't find this phone in stores anywhere. Have they stopped production?
All I can see is the HD variant or something similar in cadre.
Posted Image

LaughingMan777

LaughingMan777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Steam:LaughingMan777
  • Now Playing:TitanFall
i think the new one is Desire S now.

ash_

ash_

FIFA 13 Most Improved Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Now Playing:Fifa 13

Hey guys,
I can't find this phone in stores anywhere. Have they stopped production?
All I can see is the HD variant or something similar in cadre.

here
http://www.letsbuy.c...--brown-p-10713

Tukulu

Tukulu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • XBL GT:TukTuk Tukulu
  • Steam:tukulu
  • Now Playing:Guild Wars 2
my bro have this, awesome phone.. :coolspeak:

76561198032316857.png

Irredeemable

Irredeemable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Now Playing:COD: MW3
This .. is a really strange forum.. talking about jailbroken iphones and other devices is fine, but not consoles? wtf?

Manish..

Manish..

BF3 IVG Blood Rush Tourney Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • PSN ID:cypher8819
  • Steam:cypher8819
  • Now Playing:Titanfall,Bf4
i've been using HTC desire for quite sometime now ...i like the phone but the internal memory pisses me off :rant:!! i use A2SD but still some apps are stored on internal memory!!!
Is there any way to increase the internal memory or transfer all apps to sd ?? :(

cypher8819.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users