Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FarCry 3

* * * * - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
2181 replies to this topic

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,921 posts
  • XBL GT:Zod100
  • PSN ID:Zodevil911
  • Steam:Zodak911
  • Now Playing:AAA Blockbuster Game

Posted Image

Developer - Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher - Ubisoft
Composer - Brian Tyler
Series - Far Cry
Platform- HD consoles & PC
Genre - First-person shooter
Engine -Dunia

Story

Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escapes are drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that's forgotten right from wrong, a place that lives by the principles of violence. Discover the island's bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive. Beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise and live to outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters.
You'll need more than luck to survive.

Gameplay

On June 6, 2011, Ubisoft showcased the demo gameplay of Far Cry 3 in its E3 2011 conference. It was revealed that the player has the ability to shoot enemies behind objects in crouch mode without moving his head up but with free hands. The demo also revealed an overhauled stealth mechanic as well as a possible leveling system based on experience points. The player will also have the ability to perform "takedown" abilities by performing melee attacks from above or in crouch mode. The game's narrative director, Jason Vandenberghe said that the story mode map will be around ten times larger than its previous installments, indicating that it is still an open world sandbox game in which player chooses when and how they want to complete missions.

http://ps3.ign.com/o...053/053488.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psn3IuH_B0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc_arVX3G6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6gnOVJsCsM

Edited by Zodakô, 17 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

76561198002607052.png

Dredd

Dredd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • PSN ID:dreddx
I liked 2 and therefore am gonna like 3
Posted Image

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts
I never finished Farcry 2. Damn open world game.. Gimme something more linear I say :(
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
i played 5-6 hours of FC2 and that's it.....never turned back again. But that engine has got serious potential.....hope they use it well in this game.
Posted Image

sameuun

sameuun

Sic Parvis Magna Tourney Winners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • PSN ID:sameuun
  • Now Playing:dark souls,W'13
another BAKWAAS game,,, :thumbdown:
it second part ruined my 2200 bcks :ranting:
Posted Image

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,887 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
If its still open world then they can keep their shitty game.

Actually its Ubisoft so they can keep their shitty game regardless.

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Snake

Snake

Codename? All the babes call me "Boo Boo"..

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,390 posts
  • PSN ID:Super_Snake87
  • Steam:solidsnake_87
  • Now Playing:Sleeping Dogs, CS:GO
I dont want them to continue the Africa storyline....
Posted Image

Nemo

Nemo

Swings both ways :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,005 posts
^^

what do you have against africa man :(

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

If its still open world then they can keep their shitty game.

Actually its Ubisoft so they can keep their shitty game regardless.

Free annoying turd DRM :naughty:
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

devil_angel

devil_angel

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

Free annoying turd DRM :naughty:

Afty's internet connection...... :rofl:
Posted Image

Snake

Snake

Codename? All the babes call me "Boo Boo"..

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,390 posts
  • PSN ID:Super_Snake87
  • Steam:solidsnake_87
  • Now Playing:Sleeping Dogs, CS:GO

^^

what do you have against africa man :(

I have nothing against Africa.....i hated the storyline.
Posted Image

R a g h u

R a g h u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • XBL GT:FlawlessRaghu
  • PSN ID:LoNeWoLf_RaGhU (US)
  • Steam:hawkeyeraghu
I felt I was spending more time traveling to the mission co-ordinates than the actual mission itself..so I stopped playing Farcry 2.

montylee

montylee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • PSN ID:raman_montylee
  • Steam:montylee_hellraiser
  • Now Playing:Team Fortress 2!

I felt I was spending more time traveling to the mission co-ordinates than the actual mission itself..so I stopped playing Farcry 2.

THIS was the biggest problem
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Happily married to his Xbox One.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,465 posts
  • XBL GT:ambarhitman
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar_hitman
The second game had so much potential with that kickass engine. It ran completely maxed out on DX 10 on 1366x768 on my laptop and gave 35+ fps almost constantly. One of those rare games which ran better on DX 10 rather than DX9. The world looked beautiful, and the wild life was awesome. Just missed those carnivores of Africa and it would have been a dream come true game for me.

But no, they gave us a ton of carnivores and miles of boring and pathetic driving with repetitive missions and extremely annoying respawning enemy check posts with 100% accurate shooter AI. They need to make it like Far Cry 1 with complete African wildlife and I am sold.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4| Xbox One
ambar_hitman.png

The JACKAL

The JACKAL

angry "I am not a kid" CHUZA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,476 posts
  • XBL GT:A Jolly Sunbro
  • PSN ID:DiabloAKaSaha
  • Steam:The JACKAL
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls 2

The second game had so much potential with that kickass engine. It ran completely maxed out on DX 10 on 1366x768 on my laptop and gave 35+ fps almost constantly. One of those rare games which ran better on DX 10 rather than DX9. The world looked beautiful, and the wild life was awesome. Just missed those carnivores of Africa and it would have been a dream come true game for me.

But no, they gave us a ton of carnivores and miles of boring and pathetic driving with repetitive missions and extremely annoying respawning enemy check posts with 100% accurate shooter AI. They need to make it like Far Cry 1 with complete African wildlife and I am sold.

u mean this??
Posted Image

Mass Effect 3 veteran. Silver Solo , Gold duo , Plat ready Demolisher.... All that remains is Diamond difficulty.

"Better a rainy day in the hills than a sunny day in the office"

The Assassin

The Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • XBL GT:AmeetXBL

I liked 2 and therefore am gonna like 3

U liked Far Cry 2? :blink:

U forgot the fact that this game has the best fire effects in a videogame.
Posted Image

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter
Dunia engine
Is it inspired frm indian name ??

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter

The second game had so much potential with that kickass engine. It ran completely maxed out on DX 10 on 1366x768 on my laptop and gave 35+ fps almost constantly. One of those rare games which ran better on DX 10 rather than DX9. The world looked beautiful, and the wild life was awesome. Just missed those carnivores of Africa and it would have been a dream come true game for me

Dont sell yourself for just a game :console:

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts
It LOOKED beautiful... but it was just one of those games that proved that wonderful looks alone maketh not an awesome game. I just got bored of waiting at some idiot's bar somewhere in the beginning of 2, so I went and killed me some crazy african gunmen and set up shop in their camp lol. Beyond that I don't remember much about the game.

Dredd

Dredd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

U liked Far Cry 2? :blink:

Yah. Cause there cant be anything more to do in civil war torn africa. They gave you good guns, good vehicles, good immersion. Loose storyline and annoying respawning enemy - yes. But otherwise the game showed you africa as it is. And yes, i forgot the fire propagation was damn cool.
Posted Image

devil_angel

devil_angel

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

It LOOKED beautiful... but it was just one of those games that proved that wonderful looks alone maketh not an awesome game. I just got bored of waiting at some idiot's bar somewhere in the beginning of 2, so I went and killed me some crazy african gunmen and set up shop in their camp lol. Beyond that I don't remember much about the game.

You know.....the reason why I managed played this game for 5-6 hours was, I didn't bother with the missions and started with my own game, which I called, "GTA in Africa." It was epic fun while it lasted - you go on a rampage wherever you see life-form moving and when the AI show up with their vehicles, steal one of them and move to your next rampage spot. If you're lucky, you'll spot some wildlife to chase and run-over while travelling to the next rampage spot. There......a simple game with simple rules that gives far more satisfaction than what the game's SP has got to offer.....yeah, that's right, no need to thank me Ubi :rofl:
Posted Image

Sugat S

Sugat S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Steam:sugat1234

Dunia engine
Is it inspired frm indian name ??

Yes, sort of.

Dunia, which means "world" or "earth" in Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages, is a heavily modified version of Ubisoft's YETI engine.

http://www.moddb.com/engines/dunia

Big Boss

Big Boss

Happily married to his Xbox One.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,465 posts
  • XBL GT:ambarhitman
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar_hitman
^Nope. Dunia means the world in many other languages.

Ubisoft has developed a new engine specifically for Far Cry 2, called Dunia, meaning "world", "earth" or "living" in Arabic but also used in many languages with Arabic loanwords including Persian, Pashto and also Punjabi, Nepali, Bengali, Indonesian, Kurdish, Turkish, Malay, Marathi, Hindi, Gujarati, Marvadi and Swahili.[26]

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4| Xbox One
ambar_hitman.png

Dredd

Dredd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
@devil angel
And thats the most fun part of it. Just engage and wreck havoc and run away. I bootup that game just to do that. It doesnt even hv that 'wanted level' thing like gta where those guys are on u in no time. U get ur own sweet time to do it ur way.

Overall that gameplay is relaxed inspite of being a shooter fps. And sometimes i like to play that kind of a game.
Posted Image

devil_angel

devil_angel

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

@devil angel
And thats the most fun part of it. Just engage and wreck havoc and run away. I bootup that game just to do that. It doesnt even hv that 'wanted level' thing like gta where those guys are on u in no time. U get ur own sweet time to do it ur way.

Overall that gameplay is relaxed inspite of being a shooter fps. And sometimes i like to play that kind of a game.

:good:
Posted Image

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,921 posts
FARCRY 3 E3 2011 DEMO

76561198002607052.png

Grimlock

Grimlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • XBL GT:Greed4Speed92
  • PSN ID:Greed4Speed92
  • Steam:greed4speed92
  • Now Playing:Tales of Xillia

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,921 posts
nice..crysis 1 ?

76561198002607052.png

Mayank

Mayank

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • XBL GT:mikey198903
  • Steam:1989mayank
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls II
i played farcry 2... but only till 3rd or 4th mission i think... it was very difficult for me to finds ways to get into the place of mission...

yeah damn open world game can say that....:wallbash:

Yo subscribe to my Channel on YouTube for Gameplay videos and Walkthroughs

https://www.youtube....tzpIyTGZBFnE3nw

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,921 posts