Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Advice/Suggestion Needed for restoration of Game Disc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Spacescreamer

Spacescreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
My GoW Collection game disc has developed cracks on the center eye/hole and i am skeptical of playing the game now.
The cracks are not on the data area but just on the clear plastic in the center.

I think putting a super glue will do the trick but few doubts crop up..

1) The disc would be subjected to spinning @ high speeds which means heat will be generated. If this leads to super glue to flake/liquidify
its gonna be a problem for my ps3.
2) Is the super glue corrosive in nature?
if that is the case, another possible hazard in the waiting.

Posting here to garner some advice as maybe some member might have been in similar situation..
Pls do suggest me a solution. Thanks in advance.

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
Ditch the game. Using Super Glue and putting it into a PS3 is huge risk. For 1299 bucks game your 20k costing PS3 might be damaged. If you like the game that much, get the game from TP. Its selling very cheap, around 600 bucks.
Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360
Posted Image

Spacescreamer

Spacescreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
I recently purchased the game from a member and i think these cracks have cropped up during transit.
Havent even played game beyond 20 mins. If restoration is possible.. well maybe a chance.

Secondly havent seen anybody sell the game on TP either.

Choron ka raja

Choron ka raja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • XBL GT:jeetzzzz
  • Now Playing:with her!
@Spacescreamer

Don't try this kind of thing. It will most definitely result in clogging up some stuff inside your drive. Since its second hand, only option is to buy a new one.
I don't chew bubblegum, I just kick as$es!

abhinit90

abhinit90

Hannah Montana will save the world

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts
  • PSN ID:abhinit90
  • Now Playing:something
when you got the game, the cd was cracked?

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Fine Young Cannibalol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • PSN ID:xIamPainX
  • Now Playing:IVG Google Plus Chat
^^ if yes talk to the member u have got it from. Sort it out.

Spacescreamer

Spacescreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
Yea the disc i recd had the crack already and i am very disappointed with the outcome.

Seller was very co operative and i dont think i should put the blame on him regarding concealing of any detail. I didnt asked for a pic of the center eye of the disc and also other accounts of the disc condition were true that he mentioned. Maybe the disc indeed got the cracks while in the transit.. but how to really 'sort' it out is something even i am not very clear about.. no history of such incident has been recorded. I have asked a mod here how to go about it and he wasnt too clear about the matter as well.
Maybe this thread will help me on this front.

i_rock098

i_rock098

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts
  • XBL GT:mohit098
  • PSN ID:i_rock789
  • Steam:Water --> Ice
  • Now Playing:Diablo
Its a big risk man.
peace :hypocrite: no :nono:
HAVOK :catfight: :bandit: :raygun: :bicycle: :argue: :chainsaw: :saberfite:

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter
Nah . Dont use glue and all , it will damage u r disc drive .

The centre plastic part breaking is a common thing btw . U can still play. I have one of the game whose centre part broke out but it is working flawlessly

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Fine Young Cannibalol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
^^ ya but wat if the cracked part in the disc gets strucked inside the drive. :panic:

playstation

playstation

Unpaid Senior Salesman, Naughty Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,123 posts

Nah . Dont use glue and all , it will damage u r disc drive .

The centre plastic part breaking is a common thing btw . U can still play. I have one of the game whose centre part broke out but it is working flawlessly

Even i have a game that has slight crack on the center of the disc but it works perfectly...infact i finished the game without any issues....I dont see any problem with that it should work just like any normal disc....but yea it does kinda hurt when there is something like that on the disc...

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
My friend had original NOLF disc for PC which got some crack in the middle and he put it into his disc drive and BAM his disc was shattered. Luckily his drive was alright.
Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360
Posted Image

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Fine Young Cannibalol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

My friend had original NOLF disc for PC which got some crack in the middle and he put it into his disc drive and BAM his disc was shattered. Luckily his drive was alright.

thats exactly wat i meant to say..what if the disc gets breaked up inside the drive.......

Nemo

Nemo

Swings both ways :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,002 posts
try toothpaste, it works. though it may damage the lens, for expensive things like ps3 i think its better to chuck the disc.

Iceman™

Iceman™

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
  • XBL GT:Ruzinvincible
  • PSN ID:Ruzinvincible
  • Steam:Ruzinvincible
  • Now Playing:Gran Turismo 6
^^toothpaste works for scratches on the surface is true but how can it work for cracks? :scratchchin:

Edited by Ruzhan, 12 July 2011 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image
When Fernando Alonso says he is “rather pleased” it usually means “Look out, here I come!”

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,030 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
Maybe to amalgamate the cracked surfaces together once it dries up. Even so, it's too big a chance to take :P
Posted Image

Spacescreamer

Spacescreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
btw guys.. while i am on the topic.. do discuss the point of 'Discussing/sorting' this problem with the seller.

Iceman™

Iceman™

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
  • XBL GT:Ruzinvincible
  • PSN ID:Ruzinvincible
  • Steam:Ruzinvincible
  • Now Playing:Gran Turismo 6
^^who was the seller?
When did you notice the crack?
Had he mentioned whether there was a crack?
Posted Image
When Fernando Alonso says he is “rather pleased” it usually means “Look out, here I come!”

i_rock098

i_rock098

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,310 posts
  • XBL GT:mohit098
  • PSN ID:i_rock789
  • Steam:Water --> Ice
  • Now Playing:Diablo
You said right that it was not the sellers faul and it got damaged in the transit?
peace :hypocrite: no :nono:
HAVOK :catfight: :bandit: :raygun: :bicycle: :argue: :chainsaw: :saberfite:

Kaio

Kaio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • PSN ID:Kaio_ARG
  • Now Playing:BF3, FIFA 12
I dont think there are any restoration services in india?
Posted Image

piper

piper

Aunty mat kaho na

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,079 posts
  • PSN ID:piperdaddy
  • Steam:piperdaddy
  • Now Playing:BF4
Ditch the disc, no use risking PS3. And when one has all such doubts in mind, sh*t is bound to happen.

From now on, even I'll check my discs and crap bricks if I see any faults :wallbash:

Join IVG on Teamspeak now!

Posted Image

"When you are the anvil, bear - when you are the hammer, strike."

farzi gamer

farzi gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
I am bringing this thread out of the grave, just like the OP, I am in a situation where the disc that I just received from the seller has a small crack on the inner circle. I called the seller immediately after unpacking and have also shared the pictures as below. I have not yet loaded the disc in to my PS3 yet.

Please also note that I am blaming the seller here, the disc was "held in place" by a tape on 2 sides, though I have not used this technique with my shipments, it may be a way to keep the disc form loosening out of the slot. The shipment was sent by speed post and the disc case was wrapped in a single layer bubble wrap. Since, I did not ask the seller for close up images of the back/front of the disc, there is no way to establish when was the crack formed.

What is the suggestion of fellow IVG gamers here? is it safe to use a disc like that? my first thoughts are to return it to the seller, but I would also like to know what does the community feel about cracked discs and a transaction like this:

cracked disc images.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I don't play games I loose, and I don't loose games I play

Spacescreamer

Spacescreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Please also note that I am blaming the seller here, the disc was "held in place" by a tape on 2 sides, though I have not used this technique with my shipments, it may be a way to keep the disc form loosening out of the slot. The shipment was sent by speed post and the disc case was wrapped in a single layer bubble wrap. Since, I did not ask the seller for close up images of the back/front of the disc, there is no way to establish when was the crack formed.

I think u you mean you are Not blaming the seller here..

What is the suggestion of fellow IVG gamers here? is it safe to use a disc like that? my first thoughts are to return it to the seller, but I would also like to know what does the community feel about cracked discs and a transaction like this:

Few members mentioned it was safe to play as many have played and finished
Others were of the opinion that one shdnt try to take the risk.. i agree with the latter group myself.

My suggestion would be to split the cost mutually on a 50-50 basis. Insurance on small items like this + frequent shipment of games negates the insurance part. So courier ppl wont reimburse the amount.
Not much to do apart from sharing the cost on equal basis.

Wishing you luck mate..

farzi gamer

farzi gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

I think u you mean you are Not blaming the seller here..

Few members mentioned it was safe to play as many have played and finished
Others were of the opinion that one shdnt try to take the risk.. i agree with the latter group myself.

My suggestion would be to split the cost mutually on a 50-50 basis. Insurance on small items like this + frequent shipment of games negates the insurance part. So courier ppl wont reimburse the amount.
Not much to do apart from sharing the cost on equal basis.

Wishing you luck mate..

my bad, Yes, I did mean that "I don't want to blame the seller". Thanks for your inputs though. Appreciate it.
I don't play games I loose, and I don't loose games I play

King786

King786

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • XBL GT:suleman786
  • Steam:thesuleman
never play games with crack disk its risky,it can be broken inside your console :scratchchin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users