Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

Why use memory cards , no man has ever kept the TV Remote where he can easily find it , we all lost it in the room sometimes , so why make small cards which we can easily lose , what then do we have to buy the game again or at least we can keep some backup of them on another card ? and 16 GB Just , man sony was right going with the BD ROM & 50 gigs , MS is going bonkers these days

Dumb . . All this is a rumor :dumb:

Stop giving your expert opinions as if you are a developer .

Yeah Sony makes all the right decisions . . So their console is still last in the sales chart

Vita's performance in Japan :rofl:

Dumb . . All this is a rumor :dumb:

Stop giving your expert opinions as if you are a developer .

Yeah Sony makes all the right decisions . . So their console is still last in the sales chart

Vita's performance in Japan :rofl:

Xbox fanboy speaks , this thread gives every right to speculate on the new consoles , sales chart matter nothing , sure wii really performed excellently in those , But don't ever count the the xbox360 sales from 2005-2007 or 2008 the RROD's plagued the system like AIDS instant death for sure , and people used to buy new x360's each time their system died , it wasn't until arcade came out which saw MS address the issue of RROD

Get your facts right you genius dumba$$ , you have no right to make a mockery of anyones opinion online it's a friggin public forum , if you want to show your knowledge try go out on those TV Channels & rant about the sales charts & what not , THE WORLD KNOWS XBOX 360 OUTSOLD EVERYTHING ELSE DUE TO RROD & WAIT THERE WERE MANY FRIGGIN VERSIONS OF THE SAME CONSOLE , THE BASICS , PREMIUMS , THE ARCADES , THE ELITES , THE SLIMS [ Sony Copy ] & MAYBE 1-2 MORE

if you want to show your opinions worth more than someone else's don't hide these negatives , we all know what happened here

: The Next Xbox Will Play Blu-Ray, May Not Play Used Games (And Will Introduce KINECT 2)

Microsoft will upgrade its disc technology for its next Xbox from DVDs to Blu-Ray discs, catching up to rival Sony, games industry sources tell Kotaku.

Sony's PlayStation 3 currently supports Blu-Ray, which can contain 25 or 50GB of data compared to DVD's 9GB.

But that disc detail could be far less impactful to the next generation of game consoles than the assertion I've heard from one reliable industry source that Microsoft intends to incorporate some sort of anti-used game system as part of their so-called Xbox 720.

It's not clear if that means that the system wouldn't play used games or how such a set-up would work. Obvious approaches—I'm theorizing here—like linking a copy of a game to a specific Xbox Live account could seemingly be foiled by used-game owners who would keep their system offline. My source wasn't sure how Microsoft intended to implement any anti-used game system in the new machine.

A push in any way by Microsoft against used games would likely be cheered from publishers sick of seeing retailers like GameStop crow about their revenues from the sale of used games. But it could potentially anger consumers who rely on buying cheaply-sold used games or even pass games to relatives or friends.

One source familiar with Microsoft's plans for the new Xbox said Microsoft plans to ship their new Xbox with a new version of its red-hot Kinect hands-free sensor system. The new Kinect would contain an on-board processor, a feature originally intended for the first Kinect. That processor would enable a new Kinect to more effectively detect users' motions.

I'm also hearing that Microsoft is interested in making a smaller controller for its new console.

And what of gaming site IGN's report that the machine could be six times more powerful than the Xbox 360? From some industry sources I'm hearing that that's the right ballpark and that Microsoft is estimating they might even get to 8x the Xbox 360. But another insider clarified that no one in the industry has development kits yet and that any talk about specs right now is still hypothetical.

http://kotaku.com/5879202/sources-the-next-xbox-will-play-blu+ray-may-not-play-used-games-and-will-introduce-kinect-2

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217257p1.html

Next gen x box to block used games :rofl:

EDIT: I wont be getting a next gen console at all, because, simply put, sony and MS created winning consoles this gen, which do everything else except PC quality graphics. There are still loads of ps3 games I am yet to play, and once im done with those Im gonna start playing HD remakes of PS2 games. Once even I exhaust those also, maybe Ill get myself an x360 just to play gears of war / halo games. By the time Im done with all this, I would have no time to play anymore.. I already have cousin bros waiting in queue for my ps3 :bigyellowgrin:

Also, it would be interesting to see what'll happen to current PSN store and Live. Will they shut down support for current consoles? Seeing that this is the first gen to have digital distribution, I think its a valid question...

Next gen x box to block used games :rofl:

?? ..Its same as PC games..You can't play Steamworks game on any other system..It comes with one time activation key, same will happen with next Xbox and PS4.....All major publishers are against used games :bigyellowgrin:

I am also not buying new clothes.

Simply put, Levis have created a winning jeans this year. I will just wear that till it disintegrates into individual molecules. Then I will just fall back on my old underwear. Maybe I will also get myself one new pair of Khakis as I like their exclusive comfort features. And by the time I am done with them I figure I will be dead and wont need clothes anymore. I too have cousins lining up for my old clothes.

Who needs new gen? :|

I am also not buying new clothes.

Simply put, Levis have created a winning jeans this year. I will just wear that till it disintegrates into individual molecules. Then I will just fall back on my old underwear. Maybe I will also get myself one new pair of Khakis as I like their exclusive comfort features. And by the time I am done with them I figure I will be dead and wont need clothes anymore. I too have cousins lining up for my old clothes.

Who needs new gen? :|

:rofl: I lol'd irl.

Archived