Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1644 replies to this topic

ColorCodePurple

ColorCodePurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • XBL GT:PurpleEssence
  • PSN ID:Purple-Essence
  • Now Playing:With you

^ please enlighten us.

Posted Image

whats the point if you have to explain it :doh:

Edited by ColorCodePurple, 06 May 2012 - 11:43 PM.

NightTroller

NightTroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • XBL GT:WrigglyPlum46
  • PSN ID:xbx360patron
  • Now Playing:Uncharted 3
Any news of RROD on the new xbox 360 slim?

Kinect 2 with finger tip movement recognition should be fun :D

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter
The next Xbox might be called Xbox 8

Source
http://realgamernewz...in-its-arsenal/

http://www.thisisxbo...e-named-xbox-8/

Posted Image

A high possibility of calling it Xbox 8 ..
It's the 8th generation of consoles , heavy integration with Windows 8 and Win pho 8 plus a layman would thing it is twice powerful than PS4 :lol:

And btw loop and infinity look like horizontal 8 ..
So it seems true

Edited by Zeehunter, 13 May 2012 - 11:29 AM.

ColorCodePurple

ColorCodePurple

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  • XBL GT:PurpleEssence
  • PSN ID:Purple-Essence
  • Now Playing:With you
^Thats actually a decent name. :clapping:

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,862 posts
  • XBL GT:Zod100
  • PSN ID:Zodevil911
  • Steam:Zodak911
  • Now Playing:AAA Blockbuster Game
Sony CEO Jack Tretton 'totally opposed to blocking used games'

http://www.examiner....king-used-games
737687.png

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • PSN ID:ganeshran
  • Now Playing:Red Dead Redemption
If Sony doesnt do it, there is no way Microsoft would dare to block used games on their consoles :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,853 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
Yep. And thats as good as a confirmation from Sony's side unless they do a hell of a flip flop.

The whole idea was silly anyway. I do expect to see a lot of EA type 10$ passes though.

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
I dont think it will be blanket rule for all the games, publishers who want to enforce it, can sweeten the pot by offering the copies for 10-15% less than the regular marked price.

cat

cat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
Ubisoft CEO: PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 games wonít be more expensive.
Posted Image

An Assassin's Creed FaN,My Computer can beat me in Chess but not in Assassin's Creed.

LaZyVigiLaNtE

LaZyVigiLaNtE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • PSN ID:LazyVigilante
  • Steam:LazyVigilante
  • Now Playing:MGR
I don't want a new console anytime soon.....want to enjoy the ps3 more...jus' sayin'.

I see fragged people.

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
  • XBL GT:avkash
  • PSN ID:avkash_nagar

A high possibility of calling it Xbox 8 ..
It's the 8th generation of consoles , heavy integration with Windows 8 and Win pho 8 plus a layman would thing it is twice powerful than PS4 :lol:

And btw loop and infinity look like horizontal 8 ..
So it seems true

:lol:
Posted Image

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
^^ I had gone to a electronics shop
The salesman was saying a child that Nintendo 3DS is thrice powerful than DS :rofl:

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts

Sony CEO Jack Tretton 'totally opposed to blocking used games'

http://www.examiner....king-used-games

I am pretty sure Sony will be first to have more restrictions on used games .. The same way they did with Vita

psinide

psinide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • PSN ID:psinidangels
  • Steam:gizmo126
There have been many arguments about the whole used games scenario. The game devs and the console companies are against used games, obviously, because with every new game that is sold, they make money. While sometimes I do feel for the game devs who lose out money due to the used games market, my pang of guilty conscience isn't prickly enough to stop me from buying used games. The online pass systems introduced recently is acceptable enough, considering the online part of any game means more money required for DLCs and running the servers. We willingly pay that premium because its nominal, but MAKING us buy new games with no replay value is just plain outrageous.

The PS Vita has taken its first step against buying used games buy blocking trophies, although, we do have a way to circumvent it for now, who knows what the ext firmware update will have in store. And we have heard rumours that both $ony and M$ are looking at ways to prohibit or restrict the use of pre-owned games. One way I can see that happening is via either an "always on" internet connection requirement like we see in Diablo III or a connection required while the game boot-up process. By doing this, these corporations would be telling us how to use something we own, so in a sense, we won't be buying games, but only sort of licensing them... I'm hoping that they don't this far and just put up a small premium like the Online Pass system for playing used games.... rant over...

Now, coming to the discussion of next gen consoles, my speculation is that we will here the announcement for Sony's and MS's next iteration maybe in E3 2013 with more details, prices and dates announced in E3 2014. I expect the dates to be xmas 2014.

I expect Sony's next gen to push 3D even more and MS concentrating more on digital distribution. I see Sony incorporating and integrating the Vita with their next console. Something like the Wii U's controller comes into mind. It could be a nice touch and would push the Vita's sales as well. From the way that these consoles have been integrating services like Netflix, Lovefilm etc, I think the they will claim to be one-stop entertainment box's.

Hardware wise we can be sure that both systems will be on par just like right now and it will boil down to personal preferences. If Sony sticks to its "free online" selling point, then Sony might have a slight edge, now that the PSN is at par with Live. (I know this comment will start a flame war, and just so you know, I owned both consoles and only recently sold my 360)

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
  • XBL GT:iOS: Achill3s
  • PSN ID:Origin: achi1les10
  • Steam:ach1llef
  • Now Playing:Mark of the Ninja
Till Xmas 2014 there may not be a gaming industry as we know it left to participate in.
Good things come to those who weight.

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • PSN ID:ratul_jain1991
  • Now Playing:L.A Noire

I am pretty sure Sony will be first to have more restrictions on used games .. The same way they did with Vita

They didn't do anything with vita.
Posted Image

rAgHaV

rAgHaV

KillzOwner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,003 posts
  • PSN ID:RagzyB
xbox 8 :thumbsup:

cat

cat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
Gamespot - Next-Gen Console War: 10 Steps to Dominance for the Next Xbox
Posted Image

An Assassin's Creed FaN,My Computer can beat me in Chess but not in Assassin's Creed.

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,853 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
So apparently Epic know next gen specs and are trying to get both Sony and MS to beef up their consoles.

Kinda worrying if both of them end up with underpowered consoles after the longest gen.

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Zodakô

Zodakô

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,862 posts
  • XBL GT:Zod100
  • PSN ID:Zodevil911
  • Steam:Zodak911
  • Now Playing:AAA Blockbuster Game
Rumor: OXM: Xbox 720 Launching in 2014 with Halo 2 Anniversary

http://n4g.com/news/...anniversary/com
737687.png

Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  • PSN ID:PhenomenalIAm
  • Steam:Ph3_N0M
  • Now Playing:Ni No Kuni
Why don't they make Halo 2 anniversary on 360? They'll have to build almost from scratch to make it look next-gen worthy. BTW, they should have made a Halo HD collection, instead of just Halo:CE remake.
352j70k.jpg<p>My all time favorite wrestlers: #1 - AJ Styles, #2 - Chris Jericho, #3 - Raven, #4 - Kurt Angle, #5 - Shawn Michaels

psinide

psinide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
I originally bought the 360 for the Halo 3 launch. I played that game so much that I had to buy a second disc later. For me, Bungie peaked at Halo 3. Din like any of the iterations of the game that followed. Ended up selling the 360 after that. I hear the Halo:CE is gonna be a brand new game made from scratch. If it turns out to be good, might just pick up another 360, if not, then that money will go towards the Wii-U.
Now Halo 2, if they ever remake that, that will defo tempt me to get a 360 again... Nothing like the good ol' red vs blue!

Choron ka raja

Choron ka raja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • XBL GT:jeetzzzz
  • Now Playing:with her!

I originally bought the 360 for the Halo 3 launch. I played that game so much that I had to buy a second disc later. For me, Bungie peaked at Halo 3. Din like any of the iterations of the game that followed. Ended up selling the 360 after that. I hear the Halo:CE is gonna be a brand new game made from scratch. If it turns out to be good, might just pick up another 360, if not, then that money will go towards the Wii-U.
Now Halo 2, if they ever remake that, that will defo tempt me to get a 360 again... Nothing like the good ol' red vs blue!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
I don't chew bubblegum, I just kick as$es!

'Pranay

'Pranay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • PSN ID:black_swordsman1
  • Steam:blackswordsman

So apparently Epic know next gen specs and are trying to get both Sony and MS to beef up their consoles.

Kinda worrying if both of them end up with underpowered consoles after the longest gen.

They might want 8gb while the console maker gives 4gb. They will obvious want more power
Posted Image

ScrewyAurum

ScrewyAurum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,324 posts
  • XBL GT:ScrewyAurum
  • PSN ID:havennhell
  • Steam:ScrewyAurum
  • Now Playing:FTW!

A Sony patent has appeared online showing a advertising method that will interrupt your game in the most invasive way possible.

The patent shows illustrations of a car racing against other cars, some warning lights (or loud speaker blaring, I'm not entirely sure), and then the game pauses and shows an ad for the tastiest looking soda you have ever seen. It's literally the best brand. Thankfully, your game resumes. It may even rewind to return you to your original position before you were teased with that tasty can of soda.

Remember when we complained about billboards showing ads in racing games, or that one random Subway sandwich shop in Infamous 2? I don't feel like those are so bad anymore.

2d2iru0.jpg

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,149 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
Not happening. If it does though, Sony go bye bye :P
Posted Image

Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  • PSN ID:PhenomenalIAm
  • Steam:Ph3_N0M
  • Now Playing:Ni No Kuni
^ What if it makes new games retail for 1499?
352j70k.jpg<p>My all time favorite wrestlers: #1 - AJ Styles, #2 - Chris Jericho, #3 - Raven, #4 - Kurt Angle, #5 - Shawn Michaels

Choron ka raja

Choron ka raja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

^ What if it makes new games retail for 1499?

Means India will be the biggest gaming market. Cuz, everywhere else, people will prefer to pay extra than to watch ad. Its opposite case with India, so if they do a monthly subscription of 200rs. with advertisement to make up costs, whole of TV industry will be at its knees.

psinide

psinide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
@Choron ka Raja, i meant that its not going to be just a port, but gonna be built from the ground up...

Choron ka raja

Choron ka raja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

@Choron ka Raja, i meant that its not going to be just a port, but gonna be built from the ground up...

Not needed. Most of the code is done for animation and keeping control over player statistics, which will still be same. Just few 100 lines of code, can stop the gameplay every two minutes (unless you are shooting stuff or somebody), and start a media loop. It is very basic level coding. In case of spawn screen, it is even easier, as no code is required to control timing, as you already have the conditions necessary. Imagine, showing a video, in battlefield screen, where they show a minimap, or during loading screen. Really easy to implement, and will work wonders in India, but customers from developed countries most definitely will be pissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users