Coop Crushing Guide
After helping out loads and loads and LOADS of people with their crushing star and specially with monastery, I thought I could write up a couple of tips that will help people get through crushing easily. Most of these tips work for both 3 player and 2 player crushing. First I'll post tips for 3 players and later on add any additional or stuff that needs to be different for 2 players. I speak from experience having completed all crushing maps with 2 players.
Here are some basic crushing tips I always give new players who need help or haven't been able to complete a map for some reason. Most of the times they have one of these basics wrong.
- ALWAYS revive your teammate first. No matter what the enemy looks like, always try and get to him so that you have one extra additional man power for offense and defense/revival. Exception would be if your teammate dies kilometers away from you and there are a gazillion people b/w you.
- USE CHOKERS. Yes let them come and grab you or your buddy. Think this through, many times I need only 7 medals for a cluster bomb and one cluster bomb leads to the next, so my teammates get caught so that I can get quick medals. Just remove armored chokers masks and then let them hold you. Also, get chokers by meleeing/choking them from behind. That way you always have possibility of 3 medals instead of 1. Punch out + Covert ops + Let em go.
- Use your common sense. If your teammate is down you still have time, and there is only one armoured but maskless enemy standing next to him... DON'T FFS melee kill him, he drops a grenade and your buddy dies, worse you both die.
- Use rolling. Rolling is very different in competitie and coop. In competitive people can shoot you behind walls no matter even if you teleport. Coop, for some reason rolling evades you from all grenades, rpgs , bullets, melee's everything. Roll and Get to the choppa!
- Use common sense with power weapons. Don't piss your pants when you find out the location of an rpg or hammer and dump your ak/gmal for it. Your normal long gun can get you 10 difficult but smart kills, your rpg can blast everything thats near you including yourself and teammates. And after you jizz your pants with two shots what do you do then in between a gunfight with no gun?
- Always team up and decide on kickbacks and boosters, those kickbacks are the way you pwn the AI/NPC's.
- Be wary of Brutes/Pak 80 bosses. They are the strongest enemy in the game, they are sniper + milita man + pak 80 + super armour all in 1. Use your brains and kickbacks when deciding how to get him.
- Use common sense when switching/going for ammo. Don't pick up a fresh gmal when your current gmal has only 3 bullets. You end up with only 33 bullets. Instead pick up any other non Gmal gun, then switch for the fresh spawned gmal gun and voila you have 120 ammo! Works for all weapons.
Edited by newuxtreme, 30 December 2011 - 10:32 AM.