Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1007 replies to this topic

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • XBL GT:newuxtreme
  • PSN ID:newuxtreme
  • Steam:newuxtreme
  • Now Playing:Uncharted, TLOU

Thank you for this, I've actually never come across this term(or if I have I never found it important enough to remember ), but I'll read up
on it.

And about the second bit, even by these PDCAAS readings, whey and animal sources are still better than soya etc right? Exactly what I was saying. Or did you mean something different...?

Alright so I found out the deal behind the 'gold standard' that is PDCAAS. The BV had been in existence since a long time and rated proteins on the basis of their usefulness in diet, specifically in the sense of how fast something was absorbed and how much of the EAAs it could provide for the body. Just like glucose is the comparing standard for all sugars(when we compare carbs in the GI index, we compare it with glucose which has max value of 100), similarly BV ratings put Eggs as the highest standard and gave it the top value of 100. All other proteins were compared w.r.t Egg. Then Whey came into the picture. But whey was not only faster absorbing, but depending on the combination, provided even more EAAs. Hence they rated Whey off the scale at a level of 104. All veg proteins were second graded and not even comparable to the First class sources, specially amongst the heaviest users(athletes). This upset the Soy lobby. The Soy lobby brought in a new standard of comparison which favoured them graciously. In PDCAAS both Eggs and Soy are labeled at 1.0 peak value. That's like comparing an Ambassador to a Formula F1 car, with the speedometer limit fixed to 60kmph. Since both can reach the speed limit, they both are considered equal.

"This is in sharp contrast to the original & most effective protein rating system which is Biological value (Bio-availability) which gives a score of 100 to Eggs & 69 to Soy & 104 to Whey.

The whole concept of 1st class protein started from the Biological value of foods...The PDCAAS was not even needed as an alternative rating system. Since the Soy lobby could not prove equality with Egg or whey or the animal meats...it came out with its own convoluted system."

Besides all the political protein wars, the most significant fact is that Soy is deficient in Methionine.
http://www.wisegeek....-methionine.htm

Thanks for bringing up PDCAAS by the way, I learnt something new! :cheers:

My Youtube GAMING Channel

fh6Dr.jpg
http://www.youtube.c...ser/kitkatlmnop

Rohan Seth

Rohan Seth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • PSN ID:gamer_king1994
  • Steam:rohanseth8
  • Now Playing:BF3 (PC & PS3), UC3

Where exactly and when does it happen, like during which movement?

Lower back along the waist line.
Whenever I pick up weights or do any exercise which requires back or if I sit straight for a long time.

116ff5d879a15afe.png

Dear Hater: Nothing you say or do, is worth my time.

Phaseolus

Phaseolus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • PSN ID:Phazzyolus
Hey guys, great to see a thread like this getting so much traction, I just want to add something very important, something I have experienced and seen a lot especially in India. Most people go to the gym with the aim of getting buff, building muscles to look good, but have no idea about overall fitness. I have met a lot of gym goers who have big bulging muscles, a 6 pack and look absolutely fantastic but cant run more than 2 km at a stretch without coughing bits of their lungs out.

In my opinion being muscular is great and spending 2 hours in the gym sculpting the perfect body is fine but of no use when you cant run very long, dont have good stamina or agility. You have to be well rounded, strong and fit and athletic as well. IMO that is very important.

On a side note. I need advice. I sufferred a hamstring tear a week back (grade 2) and would like to know the best way to heal minimizing the formation of scar tissue. I already follow R.I.C.E. Any other tips? I can walk ok now, but not for too long. I need atleast a couple of weeks more to start my training again.
^_^

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
Dude the back is not deltoids lol, the delts are your shoulders viz. Anterior, Posterior and Middle.

By the back I think you mean your spine, and the area you mention is quite frequently sore because of our own fault. We sit in front of computers, TV's even desk jobs and the like and we have the tendency to round our back and lean in towards what we are doing whether it be writing/typing or even showing interest in watching a movie. You back and spine are supposed to be arched a tad bit backwards, not too much, not even in a straight line, (maintaining neutral spine) rather because of all of our daily activities we round our backs towards the front by leaning forward. Correcting the posture itself can be a pain and cause soreness specially in the beginning.

While you're exercising and using your back for support or during movements that are supposed to target your back, do NOT move the back. The back is not supposed to move in exercises viz. Squats, Deadlifts, Rowing, Good Mornings and the like. Make sure you have a proper arch set up before you even start off the execution and you try and maintain that arch throughout the movement. People have a tendency to let their daily wrong movements guide their lifting, it should be the other way round. Learn the proper form of posture and movement during lifting(simply normal day to day work against heavier resistance) and then use that form/posture in our daily life. The more you maintain the arch in your back, the lesser the movement on it and hence lesser soreness on it. Muscle soreness is different from joint stress and pain, and I know the pain that you are referring to since the earlier 6 months to 1 year of my lifting even I used to have that problem every-time after Deadlifting. Sometimes, it's ok, since when you are lifting the heaviest maximum loads, your form goes out the window, but that is the exception to the rule and not the rule itself.

WRONG
Posted Image

http://www.spineuniv...y-spine-posture

RIGHT
Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, these are the ones that I know about because it is related to lifting weights and activity, if the problem is for some other reason(injury due to accident/sports etc) I wouldn't know about it. Whichever the case, I can guide to correct and proper techniques that would help avoid further such issues, but my first advice after analyzing would be to go to a physio or a doctor for further analysis. But then ask them about only the cause and later precautions that can be taken and nothing more.
Justl ike I cannot do a Phsyio or a Doc's job, neither can a Doc do mine or anyone else's. Consult someone for his expertise in his field not for his knowledge out of his field. Ask him if it is the rounded back which is the problem(lossof neutral spine) or what caused it, not whether or not you can do deadlifts or weight lifting and how much weight you can lift safely. People come up with the most ridiculous suggestions and advice when they ask the wrong questions, and then get confused and paranoid, so make sure you ask the right questions, pertaining to your issue.

fh6Dr.jpg

Rohan Seth

Rohan Seth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
Oh cr*p. Sorry dude it wasn't the lower back. I actually had a lower back problem a long time ago but after doing some exercises its all good now. I must have been drunk or half asleep while typing that back problem. :bigyellowgrin:
Sorry for wasting your time man but the problem is with my delts. I don't know how to tell you the exact place but here "http://zachdechant.f...muscles02.jpg". That's the point of the pain. The pain generally occurs when i have any sort of weight in my hand and i lift my hand till my shoulder level or higher.
And once again, I'm sorry about that lower back thing, I got no idea why i typed that haha. :mellow:

116ff5d879a15afe.png

Rohan Seth

Rohan Seth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Hey guys, great to see a thread like this getting so much traction, I just want to add something very important, something I have experienced and seen a lot especially in India. Most people go to the gym with the aim of getting buff, building muscles to look good, but have no idea about overall fitness. I have met a lot of gym goers who have big bulging muscles, a 6 pack and look absolutely fantastic but cant run more than 2 km at a stretch without coughing bits of their lungs out.

In my opinion being muscular is great and spending 2 hours in the gym sculpting the perfect body is fine but of no use when you cant run very long, dont have good stamina or agility. You have to be well rounded, strong and fit and athletic as well. IMO that is very important.

On a side note. I need advice. I sufferred a hamstring tear a week back (grade 2) and would like to know the best way to heal minimizing the formation of scar tissue. I already follow R.I.C.E. Any other tips? I can walk ok now, but not for too long. I need atleast a couple of weeks more to start my training again.

From personal experience I can tell you 2 exercises which might help your hamstrings get stronger,
1) A very common and simple exercise, Toe Touch.
Posted Image
And it doesn't matter if you can not touch the ground of your toes. Just try not to bend your knees cause it kinda ruins the exercise.

2) This one is similar to the 1st exercise but the posture and movement changes a little and I would recommend you to do the 1st exercise for some time and then move onto this exercise in order to avoid any pain or injury.
Posted Image
In this exercise you need to keep your knees locked(just as in toe touch), but also keep your back straight while lifting the weight or going down. The movement in this exercise is a little bit similar to Deadlift. If you have any doubts regarding this exercise you can always PM me. :)
And you can also try leg curl if you're going gym or have a machine at home.

I hope i helped and good luck with the recovery. :thumbsup:

116ff5d879a15afe.png

Phaseolus

Phaseolus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
Thanks Rohan, but isnt the first one more for stretching the hamstring? Yeah I can see how the second one can help. Like I said thought, my biggest fear is the formation of scar tissue. When ever you get hurt, the injury heals with scar tissue which is not as felxible as the original and is more susceptible to reinjury. I want to minimize that, so does any one know of a way or some massage or physio for that? Sports and fitness is very important to me, without that, im nothing..
^_^

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

There are 5 components of Fitness:=
  • Musculoskeletal Strength
  • Cardiovascular Endurance
  • Muscular Endurance
  • Flexibility
  • Ideal Body composition
I completely agree with you dude, fitness is not when you can excel in one component of it and you totally ignore all other componenents of fitness. All the beautiful physiques and 6 pack abs and what not are a sign of developing average to an advance level of musculoskeletal strength along with ideal body composition, but not very useful in times of the activities you mentioned.

But, at the same time, musculoskeletal strength(not even hypertrophy, but pure brute raw power and strength) are definitely harder and more productive to develop compared to the other components of fitness. The benefits of weight training include greater muscular strength, improved muscle tone and appearance, increased endurance and enhanced bone density. Can't say the same for the rest.
This also leads to arguments with completely different points of view.
Arnold is the biggest and most muscular person at the least amounts of body fat, but do you expect him to outrun Usain Bolt?
Bolt is the fastest man in the world but do you expect him to beat the Ethiopians in the sport of Marathon running?
Ethiopians have extraordinary endurance both Cardiovascular and Muscular, but do you expect them to play Football better than Cristiano Ronaldo?
Ronaldo is muscular, lean, fast and has great endurance, do you expect him to beat Arnold in a bodybuilding competition?

At the end of the day it comes down to what your goals and what you are passionate about, if looking like a greek god means the be all and end all to you then train to be like one, if it's performance in football, then train for that and forget having 20 inch arms and the like. This can most commonly be seen on YouTube videos where everyone is an armchair expert and keyboard warrior, people who are bodybuilders and displaying incredible physiques, the commments are "What the hell I lift more than you herp derp?!?!?" and when Benedikt Magnusson lifts more than any other human being on the planet the comments are "What the hell I have bigger biceps and quads than you trolololol". Those are just brainless twits who want to fell better about themselves in whichever way possible, rather than to give credit to a man who deserves it. And if one feels insecure about themselves when people point out to them with these statements, well I don't even pity them.

EDIT : Actually this is why I recommend training to perform competitively, at your best for a sport. A sport like football requires muscuar strength, ideal body composition, both kinds of endurance and flexibility. You HAVE to train to be truly fit in order to be the best you possibly can be, and the rewards and progress are quite, well rewarding for lack of other words, since they can be seen and compared by everyone else to your former self and your new and improved self.
Training for a complete sport>training for certain aspects of fitness>doing nothing whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Edited by newuxtreme, 08 March 2012 - 05:12 AM.

• Ne0 likes this

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Thanks Rohan, but isnt the first one more for stretching the hamstring? Yeah I can see how the second one can help. Like I said thought, my biggest fear is the formation of scar tissue. When ever you get hurt, the injury heals with scar tissue which is not as felxible as the original and is more susceptible to reinjury. I want to minimize that, so does any one know of a way or some massage or physio for that? Sports and fitness is very important to me, without that, im nothing..

Firstly, again, go to a doc or a physio(physio in my opinion since it's a stretch or a tear and not something which requires drugs or surgery). Find out what happened, why it happened, how to take it for now, how it can be prevented later on.

I personally had a hammie strain when I was cutting and running barefoot uphill maybe a year ago without stretching. Definitely had grade 2 injury. Was out of proper hamstring work for a minimum of two weeks maybe 3-4 can't remember. I still remember getting my 8 pack despite the injury though. :bigyellowgrin:

Either ways, it was the same for me, RICE, followed by normal day to day stretching and walking activities for a slow recovery back into daily demands.
Later came the rehab and the strengthening. True what Rohan showed you first is actually a basic stretching exercise. The second one is also a hamstring exercise but it's a compound exercise that ALSO works the hammies, and it works them isometrically. Isometric exercises have the advantage of being useful for strengthening especially during rehab when movement and ROM are severely impaired. Don't worry about the weights that you can lift, just concentrate on the maximum pain free stretch you can get on your legs/hams. The Romanian or SLDL are truly performed by your glutes, not your hams, so your glutes can take more load, but not your hams. Go slow. Don't push it.
Later you can start working your hamstring through a range of motion using isotonic exercises, basically where the length of the muscle changes. Try and do it simply against bodyweight resistance first, Try and do it simply against band resistance later. Gradually move unto the leg curls as Rohan mentioned, but these will be the last step since you now have full ROM as well as increased resistance. Try and go for more reps, your aim is to allow full ROM with some resistance, not your true 6-8RM strength. Go for 15-20, then down to 12-15 and so on.

Don't try and speed the rehab, give it some time, don't worry about loss of muscle or strength, whatever the body has already achieved it can regain in almost no time. The amount of times I have been injured and made a recovery is ridiculous. Most recently I suffered Typhoid, lost all my muscle and strength after 3.5 years of working like a dog, but when I recovered from sickness and got back into the healthy lifestyle I've now made a complete recovery and advancement in certain areas compared to my previous self. Even if it takes two months for complete recovery, let it, take it slow, and train the other body parts you can(chest and arms FTW!) that way there will be little to no muscular loss even in the lower half of your body.

EDIT : Two vids will help you understand properly everything I have tried to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGTcgPVexrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0v6WbjbTMo&feature=relmfu

Edited by newuxtreme, 08 March 2012 - 05:47 AM.

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Oh cr*p. Sorry dude it wasn't the lower back. I actually had a lower back problem a long time ago but after doing some exercises its all good now. I must have been drunk or half asleep while typing that back problem. :bigyellowgrin:
Sorry for wasting your time man but the problem is with my delts. I don't know how to tell you the exact place but here "http://zachdechant.f...y_muscles02.jpg". That's the point of the pain. The pain generally occurs when i have any sort of weight in my hand and i lift my hand till my shoulder level or higher.
And once again, I'm sorry about that lower back thing, I got no idea why i typed that haha. :mellow:

:eyebrow:

:wallbash:

:chair: :chair: :chair:

Least you guys could do would be to rep me so that at least I know more than the intended person is reading this stuff that I'm taking so long to research and try and explain in layman terms with examples etc etc.

It's kind of like 'liking' on facebook, it doesn't matter, 'cept the fact that you know the person has read the sh*t. :wink2:
  • Rohan Seth likes this

fh6Dr.jpg

Keano

Keano

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,338 posts
  • XBL GT:Only 0ne Keano
  • PSN ID:indianvideogamer
  • Steam:praju7
  • Now Playing:M & L: Dream Team
:rofl:

logo_header_doge.gif

Anshul

Anshul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • XBL GT:Anshul89
  • Steam:Anshul
:roflroll:
Number of league titles in the last 5 years for Barca - 4
Number of league titles in Chelsea's entire history - 4

Ne0

Ne0

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • XBL GT:violetmetal
  • PSN ID:ELITEG33K_V

There are 5 components of Fitness:=

• Musculoskeletal Strength
  • Cardiovascular Endurance
  • Muscular Endurance
  • Flexibility
  • Ideal Body composition
I completely agree with you dude, fitness is not when you can excel in one component of it and you totally ignore all other componenents of fitness. All the beautiful physiques and 6 pack abs and what not are a sign of developing average to an advance level of musculoskeletal strength along with ideal body composition, but not very useful in times of the activities you mentioned.

But, at the same time, musculoskeletal strength(not even hypertrophy, but pure brute raw power and strength) are definitely harder and more productive to develop compared to the other components of fitness. The benefits of weight training include greater muscular strength, improved muscle tone and appearance, increased endurance and enhanced bone density. Can't say the same for the rest.
This also leads to arguments with completely different points of view.
Arnold is the biggest and most muscular person at the least amounts of body fat, but do you expect him to outrun Usain Bolt?
Bolt is the fastest man in the world but do you expect him to beat the Ethiopians in the sport of Marathon running?
Ethiopians have extraordinary endurance both Cardiovascular and Muscular, but do you expect them to play Football better than Cristiano Ronaldo?
Ronaldo is muscular, lean, fast and has great endurance, do you expect him to beat Arnold in a bodybuilding competition?

At the end of the day it comes down to what your goals and what you are passionate about, if looking like a greek god means the be all and end all to you then train to be like one, if it's performance in football, then train for that and forget having 20 inch arms and the like. This can most commonly be seen on YouTube videos where everyone is an armchair expert and keyboard warrior, people who are bodybuilders and displaying incredible physiques, the commments are "What the hell I lift more than you herp derp?!?!?" and when Benedikt Magnusson lifts more than any other human being on the planet the comments are "What the hell I have bigger biceps and quads than you trolololol". Those are just brainless twits who want to fell better about themselves in whichever way possible, rather than to give credit to a man who deserves it. And if one feels insecure about themselves when people point out to them with these statements, well I don't even pity them.

EDIT : Actually this is why I recommend training to perform competitively, at your best for a sport. A sport like football requires muscuar strength, ideal body composition, both kinds of endurance and flexibility. You HAVE to train to be truly fit in order to be the best you possibly can be, and the rewards and progress are quite, well rewarding for lack of other words, since they can be seen and compared by everyone else to your former self and your new and improved self.
Training for a complete sport>training for certain aspects of fitness>doing nothing whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Good post. Repped. I'm not interested in body building....more for fitness/flexibility/endurance. I can live without six pack abs, but hate to see myself panting after running for 500 mts :doh:

Phaseolus

Phaseolus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
Great post newu! Thanks a lot. Yeah the problem with me is that I get injured cus i tend to do do much. My usual schedule for the past 3 years has been 3 days run (10km/day) alternating with 3 days of muscle excercise (crunches, push ups etc etc). It worked well cus I had a day of recovery for my legs (muscle excercise day) and a day of recovery for thh muscles I used to work out (run day). The thing is that 2 weeks ago I started kick boxing. I substituted my muscle excercise days with kickboxing. The problem is that my legs did not get enough time to recover since kick boxing is very heavy on the legs (jumping , extending, kicks etc). This went on for 2 weeks and last saturday( which is supposed to be my one day of rest, I went to play Ultimate frisbee (like foot ball but with a frisbee instead) and i always push myself when ever I play any sport and After an hour of continuous playing while sprinting after an opponent I heard a slight pop and felt like somebody hit the back of my thigh with a bat. Its a grade 2 tear, and I have been going to the physio. I can walk ok now, but not for long and the muscle is very weak.

Hopefully with the excercises above and what the physio gives me I will be fine soon. Hopefully by the beginning of april.
^_^

Django_3101

Django_3101

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  • PSN ID:Django_3101
  • Steam:django_3101
  • Now Playing:Titanfall
So, after looking at my recent snaps and my beer belly, I have finally joined a gym and this is my second week. My height is 5'9' and weigh 91.3 kgs :cry:

I do not want to bulk up. Just want to reduce my weight by 15 kgs only :P and tone up. I can easily reduce it to 80 kgs(that I am pretty confident of). Based on my past experience the next 5 kgs will be a real pain.

Following is my regime:
Day 1,3 and 5:
Treadmill - 20 min
Elliptical - 15 min
Cycling - 10 min

Ab crunches, Reverse Crunch, Leg Raise, Plank, Waist side bend(alternate days)

Day 2,4:(for the time being. I assume that the trainer will put me on machines by next week)
Pushups
Chinups
Shrugs
Biceps - Dumbells less weights with more repetition
Triceps -

While using treadmill, as I joined recently I do not have much stamina. I jog for around 4 minutes @ 7.8-8 kms in one go, then walk for 2 minutes with an inclination of 6-7 and then walk for 1 minute with 0 inclination @ 6 kms. I repeat this process for 20 minutes.Next plan for myself is to extend the running by one minute after 3-4 days.
Am I doing it right?

Now some questions:
1. I go in the evening after 7.30 pm and return home at a around 9.30 pm. Any relations with timings and exercising? This is the only time that suits me. :(
2. How much difference shall I keep between exercising and having dinner?
3. If a trainer puts me on weight training how much weights are suggested, as I do not want to bulk up?

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Great post newu! Thanks a lot. Yeah the problem with me is that I get injured cus i tend to do do much. My usual schedule for the past 3 years has been 3 days run (10km/day) alternating with 3 days of muscle excercise (crunches, push ups etc etc). It worked well cus I had a day of recovery for my legs (muscle excercise day) and a day of recovery for thh muscles I used to work out (run day). The thing is that 2 weeks ago I started kick boxing. I substituted my muscle excercise days with kickboxing. The problem is that my legs did not get enough time to recover since kick boxing is very heavy on the legs (jumping , extending, kicks etc). This went on for 2 weeks and last saturday( which is supposed to be my one day of rest, I went to play Ultimate frisbee (like foot ball but with a frisbee instead) and i always push myself when ever I play any sport and After an hour of continuous playing while sprinting after an opponent I heard a slight pop and felt like somebody hit the back of my thigh with a bat. Its a grade 2 tear, and I have been going to the physio. I can walk ok now, but not for long and the muscle is very weak.

Hopefully with the excercises above and what the physio gives me I will be fine soon. Hopefully by the beginning of april.

Injuries are an athletes ornaments. Just don't go out with the intent of getting them! :hypocrite:

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

So, after looking at my recent snaps and my beer belly, I have finally joined a gym and this is my second week. My height is 5'9' and weigh 91.3 kgs :cry:

I do not want to bulk up. Just want to reduce my weight by 15 kgs only :P and tone up. I can easily reduce it to 80 kgs(that I am pretty confident of). Based on my past experience the next 5 kgs will be a real pain.

Following is my regime:
Day 1,3 and 5:
Treadmill - 20 min
Elliptical - 15 min
Cycling - 10 min

Ab crunches, Reverse Crunch, Leg Raise, Plank, Waist side bend(alternate days)

Day 2,4:(for the time being. I assume that the trainer will put me on machines by next week)
Pushups
Chinups
Shrugs
Biceps - Dumbells less weights with more repetition
Triceps -

While using treadmill, as I joined recently I do not have much stamina. I jog for around 4 minutes @ 7.8-8 kms in one go, then walk for 2 minutes with an inclination of 6-7 and then walk for 1 minute with 0 inclination @ 6 kms. I repeat this process for 20 minutes.Next plan for myself is to extend the running by one minute after 3-4 days.
Am I doing it right?

Now some questions:
1. I go in the evening after 7.30 pm and return home at a around 9.30 pm. Any relations with timings and exercising? This is the only time that suits me. :(
2. How much difference shall I keep between exercising and having dinner?
3. If a trainer puts me on weight training how much weights are suggested, as I do not want to bulk up?

I can't help you further unless you have been reading my previous posts on this thread especially about EPOC, and calculating your calories using the Harris Benedict equation. Judging from your current routine you haven't read or at least haven't understood what I was trying to convey with my posts, clearly enough. If so just ask me which part and I'll try and explain it again in a different manner. Explain to me what's wrong with your current routine(your selection of exercises isn't wrong, will say that right now).

EDIT : Also it's my bad I haven't made a post yet about common misconceptions and marketing tools and strategies that use keywords such as Toning/Inch loss/Weight loss/Weight gain etc. Will start off with that soon enough, but need a place where I can save and store my logs for time infinity, while making them useful and accessible to others. Only place I can think of yet is FB. Will see what/where else I can do about this, if anyone has any suggestions please lemme know.

Edited by newuxtreme, 08 March 2012 - 07:51 PM.

fh6Dr.jpg

Django_3101

Django_3101

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  • PSN ID:Django_3101
  • Steam:django_3101
  • Now Playing:Titanfall
Newu bro, just answer to these questions

1. I go in the evening after 7.30 pm and return home at a around 9.30 pm. Any relations with timings and exercising? This is the only time that suits me.
2. How much time difference shall I keep between exercising and having dinner?

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Newu bro, just answer to these questions

1. I go in the evening after 7.30 pm and return home at a around 9.30 pm. Any relations with timings and exercising? This is the only time that suits me.
Nope.
2. How much time difference shall I keep between exercising and having dinner?
If after exercise, then have it asap. Most of us take protein shakes with us to the gym to have immediately post workout, or I even have it during the W.O. If before exercise you can only have liquids like max within half an hour of training, solids should be done with at least an hour or more before.

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

My latest Deadlift PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A6I8dP8fec

Done today.
I had the 5th rep in me as well, but I knew by the 3rd or 4th rep that my form and technique had gone and I was lifting with the wrong mechanics. On top of that recently I have seen many people getting injured pretty bad, so I didn't want to risk it being my turn. :bigyellowgrin: I left the 5th rep before lockout(which is kind of stupid because I did the max effort of lifting it off the ground. Oh well...)

So anyways, my first 3 plate lift.(I count only powerlifts, no machines or bodybuilding moves), pretty happy to get past the 3 plate barrier. 405 or the 4 plate lift doesn't truly seem too far off, plus with my training not being spot on 100%, because of personal issues, I'm doing and have done pretty well.

Form nazis could complain about form perfection, but when you're getting stronger and stronger and hitting PR's, the form just about mandatory HAS to go out the window. Also, I have enough experience both from self and assessment to know when to leave the weight(like I deliberately left the 5th and last one)

At this point I have now made a complete recovery, and even surpassed comeback in both size and strength after Typhoid. Had lost about 8 kg's(was pretty lean when it hit) and became even skinnier, all lifts had gone to sh*t, I have rebuilt from a 55kg Bench, 55kg Squat and a 75kg Dead-lift at 74kg bw. Now lifts are 87.5kg Bench(might capture this lift day after), 103.75kg Squat and this 143.5kg Deadlift bw approx. 83 or 85kg(don't have a scale). All current PR's.
Size also came up in huge figures, listed in my log, but to mention the bodypart that everyone cares about, my arms came from ~12.75 now to 15 when last measured(over 2 weeks ago), and are now probably a bit bigger.

Next plan is to start cutting from the beginning of next week, and get down to my 8 pack while trying to maintain as much strength and size as possible over the next 6-8 weeks. This might be the first time I go on an elite bodybuilders pre competition diet, so I'm pretty excited!

Edit - The shredded Adonis in pink in the background is Tiger Shroff. Him and his friends, impressive strong mofos.
Edit 2 - I couldn't hear the music at the time, but now that I do, it's pretty f**king crap and that's probably another contributing factor in why I missed the last rep :giggle:

Any questions/doubts etc etc please go ahead and ask.

fh6Dr.jpg

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
  • XBL GT:iOS: Achill3s
  • PSN ID:Origin: achi1les10
  • Steam:ach1llef
  • Now Playing:Mark of the Ninja
Good stuff, do you keep your legs far apart? Looked that way in the video. For cutting, where are you working out?

Edited by achilles, 16 March 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Good things come to those who weight.

prakhar

prakhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • PSN ID:prakhar
  • Now Playing:FIFA 12
what fat burning supplement should be taken ? Preferably from Optimum Nutrition ?

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

what fat burning supplement should be taken ? Preferably from Optimum Nutrition ?

None. From anywhere.

Posted Image

Fat burners or Thermogenic supplements are way at the top/peak of the supplement pyramid, coming in even after antioxidants in this pyramid, nothing you should be taking without being in a serious exercise and nutrition plan for at least 8-12 weeks straight.

People going directly for these supps expecting them to behave like magic are always disappointed and disheartened but don't understand that their approach was incorrect. A person would be better off doing Ecstasy. You get high and the fat literally just drops off you. Or you could do what all my college buddies would do and that is to smoke up some w33d. Perhaps the most harmless drug with the side effect(which in uneducated minds case a benefit!) is weight loss.

If you want to get fitter though get serious about training consistently and eating smart. :boxing:

fh6Dr.jpg

prakhar

prakhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • PSN ID:prakhar
  • Now Playing:FIFA 12
I agree with what you said , but does it mean that there are no good fat burners in the market?

jugz2006

jugz2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • PSN ID:jugz2006(U.S.), jugz2007(U.K,.)
Hey i need some help... I have pulled/sprained a muscle in my right arm while working out... Though it doesnt hurt but when i lift weights i feel this stinging pain around the biceps n the joint... My trainer has adviced a weeks rest... What do u suggest i should do...i have tried move spray with crape bandage but its not that effective....

Phaseolus

Phaseolus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Hey i need some help... I have pulled/sprained a muscle in my right arm while working out... Though it doesnt hurt but when i lift weights i feel this stinging pain around the biceps n the joint... My trainer has adviced a weeks rest... What do u suggest i should do...i have tried move spray with crape bandage but its not that effective....

From someone who has experienced a good share of sports related injuries (plantar facitis, hamstring tear, groin strain).. Listen to your trainer dumbass, or even better, go to the doctor and let him asses you. Cus believe me when I say this, you work an injured muscle and you tear it, you could do some serious damage that will have you out for months. I know how frustrating it can be to miss a week of training, but its worth it, cus the alternative (serious tear, permanent damage etc) is far worse.
^_^

jugz2006

jugz2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • PSN ID:jugz2006(U.S.), jugz2007(U.K,.)
Yeah i m gonna take the week off... If it doesnt get better then i'll go see a doctor... Thanks for the help

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
I agree with Phasoleus, both your trainer or myself can only advice against exercise and TRY to examine and see where the problem is originating, and the next best thing is to give work arounds.
If you checked the description in my video, I cearly mention that despite having another rep in me I left the set, because I knew I was doing it wrong, and because I see people around me everyday getting injured while trying to push themselves to the extremes. (True most of these are using pharmacological aids, which numb the senses and convert one into a machine, but the effect is not being able to assess tendon/joint/ligament strain. Being naturals we can do this very well.). My mentor just pulled his back by going too gung ho with training despite pain and under recovery. He had to delay his training by 3 weeks , one which he was not willing to delay by 2 days. At a competitive level this much amount of training time means a lot.

I myself have done such stupid stuff over and over again, despite knowing better. I was deadlifting and squatting through some serious leg pain recently, and when I stopped, the pain disappeared, and I later realized the cause was my new adipure shoe(rubbish product). If I had kept on it I would have pulled or snapped something, that would have left me immobile and unable to train for a good 6-12 weeks. Maybe more.

Leave the exercise which is causing pain, workout other bodyparts, use other work arounds for the exercise which pains you, and get yourself checked out by a doc or a physio.

@Prakhar

Dude all fat burners/thermogenics do their job, which is to raise metabolism, which in turn leads to better fat loss. Comparing top of the line products is quite an unnecessary task specially for a person who is not really experienced and not at an elite level of competition. Like comparing ON Whey or Dymatize Elite or Iso Sensation etc is kind of pointless. Sure some may or may not have something and may lack the other, but basically these are all top of the line, established products, to be used in a much larger sense for meeting your basic nutrition goals viz. Protein requirement, more than anything else.

Edited by newuxtreme, 18 March 2012 - 12:17 AM.

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
Alright so I found a spot to resource/host all of my data and information and here it is :-

My First Blog Post :-

http://newuxtreme.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/protein1/

It contains the most commonly talked about and misunderstood topic related to nutrition with weight training today. It also contains MY FIRST VIDEO!.

Hope you guys enjoy it, and that it has been of some help to you. As always, ask me which topic you want me to talk about , uptil now the major one's that I can come up with are basically how to start off on tackling fat loss and how weight training is better than cardio at doing the same. (Going to be one LONG a*s vid!)

Show some love for my first effort guys, any feedback and critique(positively structured please!) much appreciated!
  • Keano, AngerSmash and Dilli15 like this

fh6Dr.jpg

Phaseolus

Phaseolus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
Brilliant stuff bro, we have to keep this thread alive
^_^