Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Personal Training / Fitness Counseling thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1007 replies to this topic

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • XBL GT:newuxtreme
  • PSN ID:newuxtreme
  • Steam:newuxtreme
  • Now Playing:Uncharted, TLOU

Hey dude anything to suppress hunger coz I am hungry all the time and always end up eating junk food.Thus can't seem to reach my target weight. :(

Fibre.

But then it will increase my calorie intake and I have to loose atleast 3-4 kgs.I have some lower abdominal fat and I want to get rid of it ASAP.

Fibre will:-
  • Allow you to eat more.
  • Reduce you hunger, not because of ^^ but simply because that's what fiber does, it gives the feeling of filling you up/appetite suppressant/satiety.
  • Will slow down the absorption of other foods in the body, not allowing for stuff to get converted straightway into fats (read up on the fruits blog post)
  • Will consume more calories and energy just to get digested/absorbed itself, it's a high thermic value food.
Besides the green leafy veggies that will give you the fibre, also keep all of your meals surrounded around a main lean source of protein. Chicken/Fish/Eggs/Good Meat etc. High protein rich foods are also the same, high thermogenic value. So despite eating the same 100 calories in carbs or proteins, proteins will actually take longer to digest, will do the repair and regrowth, and will actually end up burning more calories just in the process of getting digested by the body.

My Youtube GAMING Channel

fh6Dr.jpg
http://www.youtube.c...ser/kitkatlmnop

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • PSN ID:ratul_jain1991
  • Now Playing:L.A Noire

Fibre.

Fibre will:-

• Allow you to eat more.
  • Reduce you hunger, not because of ^^ but simply because that's what fiber does, it gives the feeling of filling you up/appetite suppressant/satiety.
  • Will slow down the absorption of other foods in the body, not allowing for stuff to get converted straightway into fats (read up on the fruits blog post)
  • Will consume more calories and energy just to get digested/absorbed itself, it's a high thermic value food.
Besides the green leafy veggies that will give you the fibre, also keep all of your meals surrounded around a main lean source of protein. Chicken/Fish/Eggs/Good Meat etc. High protein rich foods are also the same, high thermogenic value. So despite eating the same 100 calories in carbs or proteins, proteins will actually take longer to digest, will do the repair and regrowth, and will actually end up burning more calories just in the process of getting digested by the body.

Vegetarian :cry:

I have tried eating eggs and chicken multiple times but they gross me out. :(
Posted Image

prakhar

prakhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • PSN ID:prakhar
  • Now Playing:FIFA 12
Suggest a pre-workout supplement ? Is BSN-Hyper-Fx good ?

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Vegetarian :cry:

I have tried eating eggs and chicken multiple times but they gross me out. :(

The advantage with being a veg would be that your kitchen would presumably be stocked with salad material. Why not take advantage of that and pound down the healthy leafy veggies? Go for 2-3 huge salads in a day if you want. Or just add one in apart from the rest of your meals. Unfortunately I don't remember how many calories does paneer contain, but go for skimmed paneer, it's a great source of protein for you. I would suggest chicken in this, but go with what you can manage. Salad chicken, along with salad toppings and stuff is actualy quite delicious! I love having subway salads but the mofos make it SO expensive!!! I have it once in a few months but I go for all the right sauces and ask for triple quadruple chicken servings and make the salad cost around Rs. 450 or so! But that's cause my home doesn't stock up on veggies, so such an extravagance once in a while is fine.

For the protein though you are going to be dependent on protein shakes and paneer and milk. Both milk and paneer though can possible put your calories up high, which is not acceptable in fat loss, so do take care about that. Also don't worry about having all 150-200gms of your protein from shakes, it's perfectly safe and more importantly MADE for such cases(eg. Jains).
  • AngerSmash likes this

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

What's your target bro, just a page back you asked me about fat loss and now about a pre workout supp.

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
I've made a detailed Ketosis blog LOG on my experience on the first 10 or so days on the new diet. Pretty interesting. Got to see my 4 pack in the gym today :bigyellowgrin:

Rest of the details in blog...

fh6Dr.jpg

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

The advantage with being a veg would be that your kitchen would presumably be stocked with salad material. Why not take advantage of that and pound down the healthy leafy veggies? Go for 2-3 huge salads in a day if you want. Or just add one in apart from the rest of your meals. Unfortunately I don't remember how many calories does paneer contain, but go for skimmed paneer, it's a great source of protein for you. I would suggest chicken in this, but go with what you can manage. Salad chicken, along with salad toppings and stuff is actualy quite delicious! I love having subway salads but the mofos make it SO expensive!!! I have it once in a few months but I go for all the right sauces and ask for triple quadruple chicken servings and make the salad cost around Rs. 450 or so! But that's cause my home doesn't stock up on veggies, so such an extravagance once in a while is fine.

For the protein though you are going to be dependent on protein shakes and paneer and milk. Both milk and paneer though can possible put your calories up high, which is not acceptable in fat loss, so do take care about that. Also don't worry about having all 150-200gms of your protein from shakes, it's perfectly safe and more importantly MADE for such cases(eg. Jains).

Thanks dude :cheers:

Which one?I have no clue about supplements.
Posted Image

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
  • XBL GT:lastAvenger
  • Steam:standinginalley

Do you really want to take one? Eat properly before workout and take whey and you're good to go. Most pre-workout supplements and I can vouch especially for Jack3D can screw with your sleep cycle leaving you mostly sleepless.
Core i5 Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz | Xbox360 Lover | Follow me on Twitter

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
  • XBL GT:iOS: Achill3s
  • PSN ID:Origin: achi1les10
  • Steam:ach1llef
  • Now Playing:Mark of the Ninja
That's just caffeine and if you do take them close to bedtime they will screw your sleep, obv. Anyway, there's no denying the other more desired effects of pre-workouts. But you're right, should only be taken if you absolutely need the boost.

Eating before a workout makes me feel really pukish. Honestly, the pre-workout I've found that works for me the best is a 30 min nap after a small snack of complex carbs and some fast absorbing protein like tuna, eggs or whey.
Good things come to those who weight.

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
My pre-workout meal:

2 hrs before workout - Milk (500Ml) + Oats + Peanut Butter Sandwich along with chicken salami
45 mins before workout - BCAA
20 mins before workout - Whey Protein with Water

Been working well for me. You can add a banana if you feel like it.

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

I love having subway salads but the mofos make it SO expensive!!! I have it once in a few months but I go for all the right sauces and ask for triple quadruple chicken servings and make the salad cost around Rs. 450 or so!

I think you of all people would know Subway is all processed crap. There is nothing healthy about Subway, they just count calories. Everything from their lettuce to whole wheat bread is imported frozen. The meat, all of it, is processed crap. Just empty calories, no proteins, not even clean fats or carbs.

I used to have a lot of subway, intact I used to get a special sub made coz the preparation guy got to know me very well. I used to get a double Tuna double Turkey and double falafel sub made with mustard, mint and a hint of honey mustard with pepper for just 120 odd or so. That used to be my lunch in the first year of college.

Then my friend got a local franchise and I got to know everything on their sourcing, storage and food grades. I stopped.

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

My pre-workout meal:

2 hrs before workout - Milk (500Ml) + Oats + Peanut Butter Sandwich along with chicken salami
45 mins before workout - BCAA
20 mins before workout - Whey Protein with Water

Been working well for me. You can add a banana if you feel like it.

What peanut butter do you use?

Milk, I'm lac intolerant. Oats is right, complex carbs. Chicken salami is likely processed deli meat and no good.
BCAA are fine just about anytime.
I don't know if Whey 20mins before a workout is such a good idea. You'll burn it off as energy.

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
Btw someone mentioned about Creatine? It worked well for me. Currently I'm done with Loading and Maintenance phase. Next 3 weeks, i will allow creatine to be washed out of my system.

What do you guys do for recovery or post workout? I'm doing Whey with water ( Has EAA and other things in it ) + Creatine (Not anymore) + BCAA + GluconD. Food is consumed within an hour and 4 Eggs (full) are also consumed.

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts
Have BCAA only if you're cutting. EAA is preferred especially post workout.

Peanut Butter - Fun Foods

What are your sets and reps?

I was doing 3 sets with 10-12 Reps but I have switched to 5x5. It allows me to pick heavier weights much easily.

Nemo

Nemo

Swings both ways :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,002 posts
Guys i need a supplement with my gym work out. I need something that will help convert all the flab fat into muscle CUTTING to be exact.
I know its wishful thinking that any supplement will magically do that, but i want to complement something to my work out. also to maintain my protine intake.

So far this is my schedule.

20 mins cardio and 9 excecises containig 2 body parts.

I have heard of jack 3d, how is that. help people, newex, achilles.. anyone !!

Have BCAA only if you're cutting. EAA is preferred especially post workout.

yeah i want to cut, what brand of BCAA ? have pleanty of mass on me :P

Edited by Nemo, 18 April 2012 - 04:38 AM.

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
If you're really serious, try this. Follow it exactly for 12 weeks. If you survive, let me know. :D

PS: I'm on this too, right now.

Oh and you can't convert fat to muscle. You can burn off the fat and increase muscle.

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
3 months and still no significant weight loss and muscle gain :cry:

What am I doing wrong?
Posted Image

prakhar

prakhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
i think you are eating too much junk and carbs !! ..

PUSH yourself in weight training .

Nemo

Nemo

Swings both ways :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,002 posts
thanks achilles, but that workout is too much for me. i mean i can barely push myself to 9x15 strength sets plus 20 mins cardio now. :|

as for supplements, my friend recommened me this-

Posted Image

thoughts ?

achilles

achilles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts
Yeah, it's good. Just buy with an official import sticker on, lots of fakes out there.

nash

nash

So mainstream that I'm really excited for Krish 3.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  • XBL GT:nashb81
  • PSN ID:nashb818
  • Steam:nash81

3 months and still no significant weight loss and muscle gain :cry:

What am I doing wrong?

You may have hit a plateau. Those can last from a few weeks to a few months. I hit one that lasted me over three months. During that period it becomes a real mind game and the trick is to not give up and be like "Fk this. What's the use of anything anyway."

Also double check your food intake. If possible, count your calories as well. Sometimes what you think is healthy is actually full of calories and in imbibing that, you do not give your body the calorie deficit it requires to loose weight.

Also if you're a beginner first lose your fat and then clean bulk. I find this works better.

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
But I have just started it so I don't think can reach the plateau so early or can I?

I try to eat fruits and healthy stuff as much as I can and a little junk once a week.

I just have to lose 3-4 kgs more.I alternate cardios and weights but my trainer says that I will lose the remaining fat just by lifting weights.Dunno if that's true or not.

Should I get a fat burner or any supplement to fasten the weight loss process?
Posted Image

Noctis

Noctis

IVG Tournament Winner - October

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,344 posts
  • XBL GT:Noctis 7
  • PSN ID:Noctis_7

I try to eat fruits and healthy stuff as much as I can and a little junk once a week.

Thats probably the cause, too much fruits are not recommended if you are slimming down (Im eating them for my gain diet).

Edited by Noctis, 21 April 2012 - 12:38 PM.

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
One apple and melon a day.Is it too much?

Or should I increase my cardios.I run for 15 mins(10 kmph) on treadmill and then 10 mins of cycling.
Posted Image

nash

nash

So mainstream that I'm really excited for Krish 3.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  • XBL GT:nashb81
  • PSN ID:nashb818
  • Steam:nash81

But I have just started it so I don't think can reach the plateau so early or can I?

I just have to lose 3-4 kgs more.I alternate cardios and weights but my trainer says that I will lose the remaining fat just by lifting weights.Dunno if that's true or not.

Should I get a fat burner or any supplement to fasten the weight loss process?

Dude you have to take your genetics into consideration as well. Some people are naturally gifted so they can lose weight, put on muscle extremely fast. Others (like me) take ages to lean out and can put on the weight real fast. Also no need to go in for fat burners. You will reach your goal. Just be patient.

Also when you say a "little junk", what do you mean by that? What do you eat on a regular basic? What do you consider healthy stuff? Post these details so we'll be able to help you even better.

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
Junk mostly includes pizza and crisps.Not everyday but once a week.

Breakfast which includes oats or a bowl of fruits

Lunch and Dinner-Normal home cooked food.

Peanuts and coffee as evening snacks.
Posted Image

prakhar

prakhar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
pizza ke saath pasta aur garlic bread bhi hoti hogi..... that just evens out everything....

simple weights wont help u lose weight...

do interval training in cardios...... you will burn more in less time.

dont have carbs after 9 pm.... take rice twice a week that too in lunch...........

cut off from fried stuff.

eat egg whites...

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
Nope only pizza not even coke

Yup just started with interval training and I rarely eat rice.

Will have to work harder.I am impatient as hell :rant:
Posted Image

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
Oh. My. f**king. God.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by newuxtreme, 22 April 2012 - 05:45 AM.

fh6Dr.jpg

newuxtreme

newuxtreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
Firstly I'd like to apologize for having taken some time off from this thread and the blog. I have started training with the best in Mumbai, and to a large extent the best in India, and that takes a lot of time both in physical/practical training and in the theoretical classes. This has been in addition to my already ongoing nutrition certification which I am doing as an added bonus. I also have my own freelancing and personal training work going on. And last but not least my own training and diet has become extremely strict and therefore time consuming.
For the above mentioned reasons and more I have not been able to update the blog and this thread, and the fact that I'm not notified about progress on this thread doesn't help.

I'd like to start with this introductory anecdote that my mentor always uses in his counseling and seminars and I have subsequently learnt from him and understood the use in trying to explain or convey the point...
Let's take the this case of 3 men. A, B, C.
A - Profession irrelevant, but he needs help with his finances and with his car which is giving problems.
B - A highly qualified Financial manager.
C - A highly reputed Car Mechanic.

Would A ask B for help with his car problems?
No B would just say this is not my domain of expertise and why not just ask C since he will know the ins and outs of your car and it's problems.
Would A ask C for help with managing his finances?
No obviously C would say you're out of your mind to come to me if you very well know B is there to help you out perfectly well and infinitely more capably than myself.
A meets both B and C together, asks each questions about their respective fields, gets the help from each individually and while bidding thanks and farewell mentions he's getting late for his workout and that he has an Arms workout today and he loves doing Bicep curls for the pump. Both B & C start throwing in their inputs about how lying tricep rope pushdowns are better or reverse curls are better or chin ups and pull ups and dips are what he should be doing for best results.

:eyebrow:

:naughty:

Does this sound a bit familiar? Because this is exactly what happens the world over. Whether you ask your brother or your father/mother or grandfather, or your uncles or clerk or a banker, or even a McD and Dominos pizza delivery boy/girl, every single person has his/her own input that seems to work the best for themselves, and a surprising supposed knowledge in the field of fitness & weightlifting!

I have been a victim of this a terrible many times myself. Worse, by my own parents... Both of them are doctors and the absolute very best in their field. Which means having an incredible degree of knowledge in science and biology , incredible schooling and learning even after schooling(10-20 years and specialization and super-specializations). Yet both of them told me when I was young, that training with weights before the magical ages of 18-22 would stop my height and stunt my growth. And to this day still both of them in their heart of hearts believe it to be true. Nothing could be further from the truth. Instead of actually giving it some thought and either trying to find out for themselves, or better yet just asking an expert in the field of Fitness and Weightlifting both still continued to feed me rubbish for knowledge in this particular case.

This is exactly what I see in the past 2 or so pages after my last post. A poor misinformed, misguided soul asking for questions and putting in his/her complete faith and trust only to be misguided and thrown off target even more, by people who might be even less informed.

This rancid and downright disgusting spread of misinformation is one of the major reasons why I got into this field and the more I learn about it the more I find is the need for more highly educated, qualified and experienced individuals in this field. My absence in this thread leading to the growth and spread of such misinformation in my own thread makes me feel ashamed.

fh6Dr.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users