Credit Card Dilemma

DinJo

gods knows man....its annoying as hell

Yeah the first card is always slightly tougher to get unless you're on an MBA with a great salary right off the bat as a fresher.

Once you get and use the first card properly, you'll start getting offers from other card companies.

can i reapply again or wait for whatever letter they send

First try to understand why you were denied. No point going through the whole cycle again only to be rejected again.

:console:

Koi aur bank try kar bro. Which one did u try? The one where your salary account is?

The company where you work would usually also have bank people fishing for new credit card customers in your cafeteria. Aur try maar.

Citi has an online application process. Do that also.

Citibank have an age limit for issuing CCs. They dont give it to people who are under 23, if you dont have a previous relationship with them. That might explain it.

Is it a new thing? coz i have been holding a Citibank CC since 18 or 19. Maybe they have made the norms more stringent now, i have 3 Citibank CC's 2 with high limits and 1 with a limit of some 80-90K and i when i applied for a Fuel card from them about a week back, they called me and said that i will have to swap one of my existing cards for a new one as i already have 3 CC's and and their limit per person is 2 CC. i doubt what they said is true.

@ Snake: the best option for you would be to go for a merchant branded card. Whatever you do , do not apply to the same bank again, try another bank. I got a call from ICICI yesterday and they have started giving AMEX cards :rofl: or you can go for the AMEX charge cards, they have high annual fees (abt 5K) but you can cover it up with your reward points, but their lending criteria is more stringent as the card has no limit

ok so I got an offer for HDFC Platinum Plus card with no yearly fee. They want my PAN card copy and also last 2 months statements of bank account. I am really weary of providing them with info about my salary account and bank balance. is it really required? can I cross-out/hide some details from the account statement?

Please reply urgently as the guy will come today to collect the stuff.

ok so I got an offer for HDFC Platinum Plus card with no yearly fee. They want my PAN card copy and also last 2 months statements of bank account. I am really weary of providing them with info about my salary account and bank balance. is it really required? can I cross-out/hide some details from the account statement?

Please reply urgently as the guy will come today to collect the stuff.

U have to provide the bank statement or the CC bill of any other credit card to show your income/ CC worthiness for the issuing company, dont edit any detail from it.

Archived