Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SPOILER Thread- Mass Effect 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

Ok so what exactly does Global readiness bulshit change? From what I can see I still had access to all three choices at the end.

If you mean 50% - 100%, it's just calculating your final EMS (effective military strength). If you're above 5000 then you should have access to all three endings and the 'best' of each of those. If you have 50% readiness and you have less than 5000, let's say you have an EMS of less than 1750, then Earth will be destroyed no matter what you do. The endings and the effect of EMS are chronicled by IGN here - http://www.ign.com/w...ffect-3/Endings

Frankly whoever wrote the endings needs to be taken out back and shot :P
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,953 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
Oh ok. I just edited the save game like you mentioned in the other thread. f**k the bullshit MP.

But TBH I honestly might not have bothered. It wasnt that spectacular and I could have just Youtubed it. :|

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Daddu McLovin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • XBL GT:arc4de fire
I'd like to hear Spinny airing his grievances in detail now that there is a spoilers thread.

Man, Tali killing herself. Didn't see that.
<div align="center">NDSlite|PS2|360|PS3|PSP|GBA</div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.playfire....m/anksam/games" target="_blank">My Games.</a></div>

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

Oh ok. I just edited the save game like you mentioned in the other thread. f**k the bullshit MP.

But TBH I honestly might not have bothered. It wasnt that spectacular and I could have just Youtubed it. :|

Red light, blue light, green light... that's the main difference :lol:
If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

Man, Tali killing herself. Didn't see that.

How did you get her to kill herself :lol:

Checked out youtube, got the answer.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire, 16 March 2012 - 08:56 PM.

sandyozzin

sandyozzin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • XBL GT:sandyozzin
  • PSN ID:sandyozzin
  • Now Playing:Fifa15,Mordor
Epic fail by bioware all ending sucks bigtime and ea can f**k themselves.
ouplda35aca.png

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts
Mass EAf**ked 3 :P

spindoctor

spindoctor

I R STEAM'S BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts
  • XBL GT:sp1ndoctor
  • PSN ID:sp2ndoctor
  • Steam:sp1n

I'd like to hear Spinny airing his grievances in detail now that there is a spoilers thread.

it's not even worth it :lol:

this game is made to appeal to the kind of people who think that child in the vent getting blown up is the epitome of emotional storytelling, and those dream sequences involving the f**ker is amazing gameplay.
Using a new PSN ID - sp2ndoctor
Posted Image

-= L O L =-

-= L O L =-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • PSN ID:mandeep89
  • Now Playing:Mass Effect 3

this game is made to appeal to the kind of people who think that child in the vent getting blown up is the epitome of emotional storytelling, .... dream sequences involving the f**ker is amazing gameplay.

Posted Image
Seriously stupid sh*t man...They should've just chucked the f**ker....I was so happy that the game was ending finally and poof! (oh yeah spoiler thread no need to put hidden tags) There comes the little f**ker again claiming to be the catalyst ...

Posted Image

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,084 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
Finished the game. Thoroughly amazed by the way the last 2 hours of the game play out. The assault on Earth was heavily reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica.

The ending was absolutely brilliant in that it was completely different from what I was expecting. The choices and the consequences, the sacrifices. It was never going to be easy, but I didnt expect it to be this hard.

playstation

playstation

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,168 posts

Finished the game. Thoroughly amazed by the way the last 2 hours of the game play out. The assault on Earth was heavily reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica.

The ending was absolutely brilliant in that it was completely different from what I was expecting. The choices and the consequences, the sacrifices. It was never going to be easy, but I didnt expect it to be this hard.

Phew! was thinking i will be the only left who liked the ending....nice to see someone else had same thoughts.....pretty much no complains from this game...it has been worth it ....my only issue is now going back and playing previous titles may not feel the same...

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,084 posts
I am dreading my next playthrough. The last act is going to be murder on the Insanity setting. :nerves:

playstation

playstation

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,168 posts

I am dreading my next playthrough. The last act is going to be murder on the Insanity setting. :nerves:

Will not play that now....may be later.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,084 posts
I am really surprised at the folks moaning about the ending. Its fitting for the mythos.

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,953 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
Its fitting for the developers too. :giggle:

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Ram Dante

Ram Dante

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Now Playing:MGS1 | Dishonored
Guys check this!

first of all
*SPOILER ALERT*

AND BE SURE TO CHECK THE 2ND SPOILER AS WELL IF U WANT SOME STORY DISSECTION OF ME3

rumored Mass Effect 3 DLC 'the truth' is coming on april... speculation is that it may also be noted as a 'expansion pack' due to its huge size. this DLC or EP supposedly 'fix' the endings of original ME3. more information below.
check the below spoiler or check these links: link1 link2

Spoiler

Spoiler

and this

Spoiler

only after reading the previous spoilers, check out this link

SOURCE : http://forum.ngfcomm...e-32#post-89663
  • MarketTantrik likes this
Posted Image

Ram Dante

Ram Dante

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
Double Post!

Edited by Ram Dante, 18 March 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

Ram Dante

Ram Dante

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
Triple Post! Damn my net!

Edited by Ram Dante, 18 March 2012 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

lightUTSaber

lightUTSaber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

U need 4k ems score to save Sheperd.

Mine is still breathing :bigyellowgrin:

Destroy reapers.....Shepard lives>>best ending u can get :)

u sure on that ?
i read on ign that it has something to with not saving aderson when illusive man talks?

lightUTSaber

lightUTSaber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

true that,infact the one after the 2 missiles miss fire is toughest of anything so far.i literally ran to the activate the last one.

Daedalus

Daedalus

Daddu McLovin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • XBL GT:arc4de fire

this game is made to appeal to the kind of people who think that child in the vent getting blown up is the epitome of emotional storytelling, and those dream sequences involving the f**ker is amazing gameplay.

I don't know anyone who has that opinion. Nor have I read anyone praising those sequences. They were quite clumsy. What else pains you?
<div align="center">NDSlite|PS2|360|PS3|PSP|GBA</div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.playfire....m/anksam/games" target="_blank">My Games.</a></div>

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • PSN ID:Mizanurification
  • Steam:mizanurification
Im still confused about the ending:

Were all the planets destroyed or only the mass relays?

Did Joker go through a black hole?

Synthetics got destroyed or organics or both? [Coz there were still people fighting]

According to the kid, he was the catalyst and the citadel was a part of him. But "the device" got activated after the cafalyst was destroyed????? WTF, isnt a catalyst supposed to be used with device? :ko:

How did the citadel shift to Earth?

Was the whole series a story told by a granpa to a child? :rant:

lightUTSaber

lightUTSaber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
^^ go thru dante post,hope that helps.
i had my doubts abt Shepard.but this confirms it.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,084 posts

true that,infact the one after the 2 missiles miss fire is toughest of anything so far.i literally ran to the activate the last one.

I did the same thing. It felt like they would just keep spawning until you did.

I don't know anyone who has that opinion. Nor have I read anyone praising those sequences. They were quite clumsy. What else pains you?

The correct question is whether anything doesnt pain him.

And repped Dante for those posts. This kind of obsessive analysis is exactly what Bioware wanted to provoke with those endings.

-= L O L =-

-= L O L =-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
What if your Shepard is renegade why the hell would a grandpa be telling his grandson stories about a renegade warrior and how he went about killing/ destroying / Degrading everyone he met.
Also why would a grandpa tell his grandchild how Shepard boned an Alien Asari and dreamt of other little boysPosted Image ...

[Hidden] I still loved the game! Posted Image[/Hidden]

Posted Image

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Also why would a grandpa tell his grandchild how Shepard boned an Alien Asari and dreamt of other little boys

Shepard was a pedophile... :panic:

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

Im still confused about the ending:

Were all the planets destroyed or only the mass relays?

Only the Mass Relays. Whether the Earth was destroyed depends on your EMS.

Synthetics got destroyed or organics or both? [Coz there were still people fighting]

That depends on your choice and your EMS.

According to the kid, he was the catalyst and the citadel was a part of him. But "the device" got activated after the cafalyst was destroyed????? WTF, isnt a catalyst supposed to be used with device? :ko:

The Catalyst is supposed to be unaffected but hey, in entertainment, no one really cares for the chemical / physical / scientific meaning as long as it sounds cool :P

How did the citadel shift to Earth?

The reapers moved it after the Illusive Man warned them before the battle, didn't pay attention to the cutscene / the mission where you beat Kai Leng?

Was the whole series a story told by a granpa to a child? :rant:

Who knows :giggle:

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
Guess ill have to play the game again.. :(

Btw were u guys able to save Miranda while saving her sister? :(

I wana play the game again but choices made by Shepard dont really have any significance.

Like:
Shoot Udina. Renegade. Crap, restarts game before autosave. Load Game. Dont press R1. Ashley shoots Udina. #doublefacepalm#

-= L O L =-

-= L O L =-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Guess ill have to play the game again.. :(

Btw were u guys able to save Miranda while saving her sister? :(

I wana play the game again but choices made by Shepard dont really have any significance.

Like:
Shoot Udina. Renegade. Crap, restarts game before autosave. Load Game. Dont press R1. Ashley shoots Udina. #doublefacepalm#

My EMS is pretty crappy but yeah I saved her...she was the one who shoots some biotic wave at her dad and he falls out of window...didn't really affect my gameplay though.

Posted Image

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,648 posts

i think if u help her out in citadel u save her.
cause in my play through she did survive.

any ways to save kelly?
in dlc i want a match with illusive man and want rip his heart out.

I helped her out and she didn't survive. Had full paragon too. I think it depends on a multitude of choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users