Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Splinter Cell Being Developed at Ubi Toronto

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SRINI87

SRINI87

Harbinger of AWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
During a GDC Game Dev Rant Panel, Jade Raymond, Ubisoft Toronto General Manager, dropped word that the studio's first game will be a new Splinter Cell.

She didn't announce any platforms or give any details other than that it would include "interrogation based gameplay". Up until now, rumors have pointed towards a sequel to Splinter Cell Conviction.

Jade said:

We are about to announce our first big triple-A being developed by the studio. I’ve got to say I think it’s going better than I could’ve imagined. I’m really amazed at the team we’ve put together and what we’ve been able to accomplish and I think Ubisoft is pretty excited too. Soon we’ll find out what everyone else thinks!

We’re not actually working on a big new IP yet within the studio. It’s one of the mandates and we’re definitely starting up some things in that direction, but we’re not working on a big new IP yet. Right now we’re 100% focused on Splinter Cell.

src:gamerevolution

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,759 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
After Conviction, I have zero hopes for this franchise. :(

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,594 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
So, Conviction wasn't enough for them to ruin the franchise? They are going to dig the franchise from the grave, humiliate it and bury it again. :furious:

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

Rohan Seth

Rohan Seth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • PSN ID:gamer_king1994
  • Steam:rohanseth8
  • Now Playing:BF3 (PC & PS3), UC3
Guys Relax. Maybe this Splinter Cell will be better than Conviction.

116ff5d879a15afe.png

Dear Hater: Nothing you say or do, is worth my time.

Dbz_479

Dbz_479

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
  • PSN ID:dragonballz_479
  • Now Playing:Dishonored
needs the Tri Goggles,Massive conspiracy,Multiple locations,Sneaky Gadgets(Sticky cams Yes please) and most importantly SPIES VS MERCS!!!!

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,759 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls

needs the Tri Goggles,Massive conspiracy,Multiple locations,Sneaky Gadgets(Sticky cams Yes please) and most importantly SPIES VS MERCS!!!!

Yes. Will sign off on all those points.

Edited by Aftrunner, 12 March 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Pushy

Pushy

Nobody fondles me :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  • XBL GT:sold the HDD :(
  • PSN ID:VipKiller070809
  • Now Playing:The Witcher E Edtn
"We are 100% focused on Splinter Cell, making sure that it goes to sh*t."

GG Ubi :good:

See, Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

yeah, I might as well skip it mang. Watchdogs FTW :P        <<<-- DA on GTA5

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,780 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
This doesn't sound good.
"This is no place for a horse"

Zodak™

Zodak™

Forza 4 Ka Salesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,446 posts
  • XBL GT:Zod100
  • PSN ID:Zodevil911
  • Steam:Zodak911
  • Now Playing:AAA Blockbuster Game

This doesn't sound good.

? :scratchchin:

76561198002607052.png

Aercy

Aercy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I loved Conviction!! Why do you guys hate it? Although I never played SC before Conviction. I loved the storyline and the cinematic missions. The graphics were also awesome!! I did hear some people complaining about eliminating the 'stealth' USP from the game but I don't see why as a Game it is not appreciated.

Aes Sedai

Aes Sedai

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

I loved Conviction!! Why do you guys hate it? Although I never played SC before Conviction. I loved the storyline and the cinematic missions. The graphics were also awesome!! I did hear some people complaining about eliminating the 'stealth' USP from the game but I don't see why as a Game it is not appreciated.

That's your answer :)

Dbz_479

Dbz_479

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts
  • PSN ID:dragonballz_479
  • Now Playing:Dishonored

this is how Splinter Cell Used to be!!!!

Thunder Dragon

Thunder Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • XBL GT:BinocularCrab4
  • PSN ID:BinocularCrab4
  • Steam:tatha02
@Acercy
If you haven't played SC before then you should try the old titles. They were best in business on Stealth category. The Green Tri Goggles were the identity of the game and boy all loved that. :D

You can play entire 3 games by just Crawling whole time and imagine how the hell Fisher can do that. What a say guys? :P His thighs are super natural :P

haha!!

Back in 2004 (Source GamerTV - TENSPORTS) I heard there was a Splinter Cell movie in workl... any idea what happened to it?

|| XandrA-XT || Intel i7 3770 || ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe || Galaxy GTX 660Ti OC || Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866C9 || Kingston 120GB SSDx2 || WD 1TB Black || Corsair H80 || Bitfenix Recon || Bitfenix Prodigy || Corsair AX760 || Logitech G500s || X-mini || Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 || LG D2342P || :notangel: 

|| Sony Vaio CEB16FG || XBOX360 250GB+Kinect  || Sony PS3 500GB || Sony PS Vita || Galaxy Tab 2 || Canon 550D+50mm1.8F+18-200mm || XBOX One & PS4 Having them Now   :harhar: 

SRINI87

SRINI87

Harbinger of AWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
chaos theory Posted Image

Edited by SRINI87, 14 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.

SRINI87

SRINI87

Harbinger of AWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes'

Ubisoft Toronto's teased details on the new Splinter Cell game that's supposedly set to be announced imminently.

According to studio head Jade Raymond, the new title - rumoured to be called Splinter Cell Retribution - will continue the series' focus on action but also explore one of its overlooked "root themes".

"It will have all of the action flick elements for sure, but we're trying to also explore something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has been surfaced so much," Raymond told CVG. "I can't really say more on this!"

src: CVG

SRINI87

SRINI87

Harbinger of AWESOME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users