Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Review: FIFA Football (Vita)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,880 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
Review: FIFA Football (Vita)
By Rasmeet Singh

Football fans need a fix of the beautiful game every day of the week, and FIFA has been providing the same for more than a decade now. With each iteration, itís simulation of the sport has become better and better, but a good handheld game has always eluded the series. However, EAís first footie release on the Vita looks to set the record straight.

FULL REVIEW
"This is no place for a horse"

AMG

AMG

Sick Mind

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Always thought that the game was lame.

Now proved.

It wasnít long before the realisation started to kick in Ė this is not what I paid for. The framerates are pretty bad,

the rear touch hampers the gameplay by registering the slightest of touches on its back panel, which a normal adult may mostly use to get a grip on the handheld.

The problem here is the massive screen size. Since the left hand is going to be on the D-pad, your options with the touchscreen are going to be limited.

The physical button layout, however, isnít any good either.

There are some logical errors in button mapping,

One of the bigger let downs in the controls department is how EA has wasted the right stick. Instead of mapping specific passing/shooting functions, itís used for long touches and tricks that you can rarely effectively execute. Wastage!

Itís a step backwards in a series that has improved leaps and bounds in recent iterations.

Rosh

Rosh

The Price is Right!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,306 posts
  • PSN ID:roshankalro
  • Now Playing:FIFA14,Fez,TWD
Nice review rash :)

Although I feel removing TD is a bad thing considering whoever is playing this prolly has the ps3 version and is used to TD and would like the same on vita.

Note:
I don't own a vita yet...but when I do own one , FIFA is a game I would most look forward to,not even UC :P

I hope the next FIFA on vita is better

we are infinite.

VelivolusDas

VelivolusDas

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • PSN ID:polash_thelegend
  • Now Playing:MGS3: Snake Eater
I agree with Roshan.... TD should've been there..... The game sounds more like a port of FIFA 11..... :giggle:

And, a question I have, isn't there an option to turn off the rear-touch....????? :unsure:

6vFnzN8.jpg

Rashmeet

Rashmeet

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts
  • XBL GT:Rash018
  • PSN ID:rashmeet

Nice review rash :)

Although I feel removing TD is a bad thing considering whoever is playing this prolly has the ps3 version and is used to TD and would like the same on vita.

I can relate to that but with the kind of engine the game works on and the sort of analog movement it offers, TD would have been a disaster.

I agree with Roshan.... TD should've been there..... The game sounds more like a port of FIFA 11..... :giggle:

And, a question I have, isn't there an option to turn off the rear-touch....????? :unsure:

It is indeed a port of FIFA 11, that too PSP version.

There is an option to turn off either of the touch controls, and thank God for that :P
Posted Image

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Fine Young Cannibalol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • PSN ID:xIamPainX
  • Now Playing:IVG Google Plus Chat
nice review. U mite be having a nice company when u were writing this :naughty:

1000 words :naughty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic