Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

darkniks

darkniks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • XBL GT:nikslyon
  • PSN ID:darkniks
y guys always after capcom again :lol:

complain about mass effect 3 & its on disc dlcs for a change

4tr5f6.jpg

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter

y guys always after capcom again :lol:

complain about mass effect 3 & its on disc dlcs for a change

U know what , EA is saint ..
It's online pass is the best innovation in the gaming industry

While Capcom releasing an entire new game With all the new gameplay changes (which is actually cheaper if you add the DLC cost ) is bad ..
Graphics whores only see the graphics and forget about gameplay :lol:

No matter EA is the most hated gaming company .. Check the recent survey which is pasted in the sales thread .

darkniks

darkniks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • XBL GT:nikslyon
  • PSN ID:darkniks

Graphics whores only see the graphics and forget about gameplay :lol:

point to be noted................thats wat makes capcom good.....................the new disc releases offer more for gameplay n innovation

btw u guys shud be happy cuz u didn't get mvc3 so u can get umvc3 for cheap a*s now, I can't believe I'm sayin this but yea capcom makes quite remarkable innovation in their games thru disc release or dlc

I played mvc3 & now playin umvc3, I was a little frustrated about hearin this at first but after playin, I think it truly deserved a disc release + its cheaper than the combined dlc price

to each his own guys, nobody is forcing u to buy the game. Now when I think back about mvc3, I don't think it was a waste considing I spent over 100hrs playin online n with friends & had a blast. The Important thing is whether u enjoyed it or not, & I think I enjoyed it at MAXXX.......................thats enuf reason for me to cherish it

EDIT:- on the negative side yea I admit

on-disc dlc locked characters in SFxT
on-disc dlc locked costumes for umvc3 (which can be used thru a glitch)

& The worst......................

Spoiler

Edited by darkniks, 04 April 2012 - 06:55 PM.

4tr5f6.jpg

Aes Sedai

Aes Sedai

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,610 posts

Oh guys stop blaming Capcom ..

Alnost all the other companies are doing the same thing .

That doesn't make it okay

praveer

praveer

Which way to the friend zone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • XBL GT:xUselessoulx
  • PSN ID:nOoblet16
  • Steam:ajrobben
  • Now Playing:Je peux le faire !
Are we still discussing that Capcom's re-release of fighting games like Super and Ultimate isn't justifiable?
Cause that argument is bonkers, the amount of gameplay changes offered makes it a completely new game, so what if it looks the same? what matters the most in a fighting game is the gameplay and balance.

kFGDMIp.jpg

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
  • XBL GT:ShadokenZX
  • PSN ID:Shadoken33
  • Steam:Shadoken33
^^ Who the f**k cares about gameplay , gtfo you hipster :P , and I think MS has a policy where DLC can only be a certain size , beyond which it cant be set as DLC and must be released as a separate game..

and it is ok for EA to put out their FIFA titles every year(sometimes 2) , but if someone else does it ..RAAAGE its BAAD... and the thing is Capcom only does it once ,while EA has been doing it for the past 2 decades....(again am not bashing Fifa)

Its also funny how there are games that dont change gameplay at all and release sequels with just new graphics and story , but i guess thats what more important these days...

Edited by Shadoken, 04 April 2012 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
  • XBL GT:avkash
  • PSN ID:avkash_nagar
not again please :rofl:
Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
^^ This topic has to be discussed once every 3 months , its IVG tradition :P ... Maybe we should Sticky it

Edited by Shadoken, 04 April 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

^^ This topic has to be discussed once every 3 months , its IVG tradition :P ... Maybe we should Sticky it

Yes, rename it as 'capcom douchebaggery thread' and sticky it

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
  • XBL GT:avkash
  • PSN ID:avkash_nagar
up your a*s, I think there would be one there already for EA :P

EDIT: BTW, do you even play the game, have EVER played it, did you even buy any of SF4, SSF4, SSF4:AE, if not then why the hell are YOU complaining, I mean why ?

Edited by avkash, 04 April 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
^^ Coz its cool to bash the games you dont like brooo .... srsly its funny how everyone complaining hasnt even played SF4 or SSF4 , or they proly dont even like it then why bother complaining?..... I can understand why many of you dont like this business practice , but the amount of hate its getting is ridiculous ...

Sure making Super and Ultimate DLC might have been awesome , but its not like what they did was completely bad or something (Best part about retail release is there are many discounts in many places , I got my UMvC3 for just 30$ )

Yes, rename it as 'capcom douchebaggery thread' and sticky it

We also need a "Insert Successful game company here" Douchebaggery thread and sticky that.....

Edited by Shadoken, 05 April 2012 - 12:19 AM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
I think we had regular discussions about ubi's always online drm, EA's online pass, MS's kinect whoring, activision's regular dicktittery....
Why should we spare capcom?

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
^^ oh cmon , am not saying you should spare them or anything ... I agree on many things Capcom does wrong Costumes, On-disc DLC , day-one DLC , that PSN id locking sh*t and all that(heck if you see the SFxT thread , i was the one bashing them the most about it) .... but the threads complaining about Super/ultimate far exceeds the others :lol: (when they arent even that bad)

Edited by Shadoken, 05 April 2012 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
Its not a good practice. It is to kill the 2nd hand sales and devaluing the copy you hold.
And cuz buyer would spend 50$ in stead of 15$ and capcom would get 35-40$ in stead of 10, its win-win for them.

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
But doesnt DLC also kill used sales? I mean you cant really sell DLC anyway .... even if Super came as a 30$ DLC(AE was 15 for 4 characters , 30 for 10 just approximating here) ... if you do manage to sell SF4 for 10$ , you get SSF4 for 30$ ... I agree Capcom is making more money , but the consumer isnt really Saving money if its coming as DLC either...

And yes it does kill used game sales , but Used games being good or bad for the industry is another topic....

Edited by Shadoken, 05 April 2012 - 12:54 AM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
DLC is always optional, one can live without buying it and sticking with the game as it is shipped on the disk, while putting a new game in the market decides the community and compels people to move to new and shiny. Just the way it happens with cod/fifa every year.
if game stays live for long enough, prices of its DLC will come down or you may get offers at times, once a sequel is released there won't be such thing, doesnt make any sense.

Edited by Udham, 05 April 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
Yes but MS and Sony have Size limit WRT DLC , and like avkash stated before ... Changes need to be made to existing characters when adding new ones (Unless they are already pre-planned and tested Like how it is in SFxT )... I dont think Super could have fit in 2GB especially when AE itself was 1.2 GB ..

http://www.nowgamer...._plans_dev.html

^^ reason stated by Blazblue producer (And this is a game where they added only 4-5 characters) ... even MK only was able to add 3 characters via DLC (while still making changes to older characters) ...

Edited by Shadoken, 05 April 2012 - 02:26 AM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
There are workarounds, its not a showstopper...

Again, my point is that first buyer needs to be protected. If he has to buy retail forcefully after spending on 2-3 DLCs, he wouldn't do it without using choicest words.
Let me give an example:
I bought GTA4 in the first week. Bought TLAD and Gay Tony Day-1, then they released Eps from Liberty city(just 2 DLCs) and finally complete edition. I can still play it with my 3 year old copy and there is absolute nothing missing compared to the retail versions. in fact, I got few more soundtracks.
Had they put something extra in the retail version, lets say in the complete edition, like a few extra missions/uncut footage/planes to fly etc...it would have been really unpleasant. Still, I would have been compelled to buy that, for the huge GTA fan I am.

CM Sunny

CM Sunny

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • PSN ID:devilincarnated
  • Now Playing:Bible Black
They are sequels?
ohk ?_?
Also fg are always initially played by casuals & then drop eventually.
Expansion like ssf4,ae are aimed at the dedicated community & newbs.
Most of the casuals/1st buyer have already dropped it by then.

/derp :P
Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
I agree that first buyer must be supported ... what you stated is exactly what they did with RE5 (I agree Move addition was Derp , but Move didnt even freaking exist back in 2009)...

But in most MP focussed games like Fifa,Starcraft,SF changes to the entire game are required (not just add ons) which make DLC Size not feasible ..... like i said it might be bad buisness practice , but its far from being the worst (especially when they sell it at a reduced price)...

Edited by Shadoken, 05 April 2012 - 03:09 AM.

Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts
Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski says on-disc DLC is an "unfortunate reality" of the business

Speaking to GameSpot in an interview at PAX East this weekend in Boston, Massachusetts, Bleszinksi said on-disc DLC is often necessary.

Bleszinski finds on-disc DLC to be "unfortunate."

"When you're making a game, and you're getting into a ship cycle, there's often three or four months where the game is basically done. And you have an idle team that needs to be working on things," he said.

"And often for compatibility issues, [on] day one, some of that content does need to be on-disc. It's an ugly truth of the gaming industry. I'm not the biggest fan of having to do it, but it is one of the unfortunate realities."

Bleszinski noted that a way to eradicate the issue would be for titles to be distributed digitally.

:lol: .. I like how he says this and then Capcom go about removing the DLC chars from the disc in the PC version so that hackers cant play with them ...

Edited by Shadoken, 11 April 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users