Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

playstation

playstation

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts

Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

Publisher defends Street Fighter X Tekken's on-disc locked content
Capcom has responded to a wave of consumer complaints about its practice of charging for content shipped with the disc, but locked until that content is purchased as DLC.
When hackers found twelve finished characters hidden on the disc, Capcom announced that these would be made available later for 1600 Microsoft points, valued at $20 dollars.
Customers have since filed several compaints with the Better Business Bureau, citing "false advertising", and "dissatisfaction".
Cinemablend reports that Capcom has responded to these complaints by claiming there is no difference between DLC and disc-locked content.
"While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game's lifecycle," Capcom told the BBB.

More at
http://www.develop-o.../ifbh (Develop)

.Crapcom...... :thumbdown:

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • XBL GT:ShadokenZX
  • PSN ID:Shadoken33
  • Steam:Shadoken33
Capcom needs to know that DLC stands for CONTENT that you DOWNLOAD not unlock lol....

Bah doesnt matter , next time they will just keep the data with them and give it separately to avoid the bad publicity .... it is easier downloading 100kb unlocks instead of re-DLing it on every other Xbox you use...
Either way we are fuked :lol: ... every game has DLC , some companies are just smart about how they give it.... atleast the pricing is pretty cheap here , unlike certain other games where they pay 50$ a year :rofl:

Posted Image

Edited by Shadoken, 03 April 2012 - 09:21 AM.

• MarketTantrik, playstation, Noctis and 2 others like this
Posted Image

dullu

dullu

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,344 posts
  • PSN ID:rishu_rulzzz
  • Steam:rishu_mehrotra2002
:lol: :rofl: :roflroll:

fss_overall.png

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,241 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
:lol:
Posted Image

playstation

playstation

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,329 posts

C

https://fbcdn-sphoto...154564105_o.jpg

repped for the image.
:lol: So true....

spindoctor

spindoctor

I R STEAM'S BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts
  • XBL GT:sp1ndoctor
  • PSN ID:sp2ndoctor
  • Steam:sp1n
what's their stand on releasing the same game twice and just calling the second one 'ultimate'?
Using a new PSN ID - sp2ndoctor
Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
^^ They added nearly half the original game , i think its well worth the price ... and it was actually new , not cutout stuff from the old game... Although it is a bit annoying that Day one buyers get shat on ... They should have made it 30$ for MvC3 players and 50$ for new buyers...

Besides they decided to take this new model instead coz clearly its what people wanted :P (moving from the 2nd pic to the 3rd one lol )

Edited by Shadoken, 03 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

Posted Image

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,241 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova

what's their stand on releasing the same game twice and just calling the second one 'ultimate'?

When did that happen :rofl:
Posted Image

spindoctor

spindoctor

I R STEAM'S BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

i think its well worth the price

oh so it's okay because you think it's well worth the price... but f**k everyone who pays 50$ a year to play a certain other game right? you know, there are people who pay 180$ a year to play certain games too. i wonder how they must look to you as you sit on your high horse of hypocrisy.

When did that happen :rofl:

mvc3
ultimate mvc3.
Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
Was i bashing them? :lol: ... I just said its cheaper.....

Also what do you want them to price it at? ... for free? ... I already told you it would have been better if they gave a discount to MvC buyers ... and just because its the SAME game to you , doesnt mean its the same game to others ...

Edited by Shadoken, 03 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

CM Sunny

CM Sunny

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts
  • PSN ID:devilincarnated
  • Now Playing:Bible Black

Umvc3 is actually a pretty worthy expansion.
I think it was worth the price, perhaps it could have been 30$ but still loving it.

Umvc3 was for dedicated mvc3 players, nerf to tron/hagger assist changed the entire meta game.
Umvc3 >> SFxT

Edited by Thank You Based Sunny, 03 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
  • XBL GT:avkash
  • PSN ID:avkash_nagar

not again :giggle:
Posted Image

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
Honestly , there are many games that get expansion packs where you need to buy it again (heck am even getting SC2:HOS).... yet its only when Capcom release something people get all upset and flame rage .. and now Capcom have take the glorious path of DLC hurray .

Edited by Shadoken, 03 April 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter
Oh guys stop blaming Capcom ..

Alnost all the other companies are doing the same thing .

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts

Not again :doh:

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
these people just do not realize that it is not the same game, simple as that
Posted Image

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,090 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
Repped for that image :lol:

EX-Kuro

EX-Kuro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • XBL GT:Ex Kuro 666
  • PSN ID:EX-Kuro

Must be the same reason they released Dota again in HD and called it Dota 2. Only this time its not free.

spindoctor

spindoctor

I R STEAM'S BITCH!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts
just takes one sentence and the capcom fanbabies lose their sh*t :lol:
Posted Image

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts

just takes one senseless sentence and the capcom fanbabies lose their sh*t :lol:

looks logical now B)
Posted Image

CM Sunny

CM Sunny

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts
  • PSN ID:devilincarnated
  • Now Playing:Bible Black
Steambabies vs Capcom Fanbabies

we should sticky this dispute
Posted Image

praveer

praveer

Which way to the friend zone?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • XBL GT:xUselessoulx
  • PSN ID:nOoblet16
  • Steam:ajrobben
  • Now Playing:Je peux le faire !
I have no issues with Capcom's re-releases.
But it seems to me that Capcon has the wrong idea of what a DLC means.

kFGDMIp.jpg

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts
ok so here's what the problem is:

there are DLC characters, think of it like a DLC map. If persona A does not have a DLC map then he cannot play with person B who is playing on this DLC Map but they can still play together on the non DLC Maps. If Capcom went this way then the people who bough DLC characters would not have been able to play with the people who did not have it at all, with any characters, because technically they would have been playing version X of the game when the version Y has already come out (with the balance changes required for new characters). To understand this think that maybe Guy's cr lp/lk could be abused on Guile because his cr lk/lp was 4 frames starting, so they have to reduce the starting frames to 3 or 2. Now person A who has not bough the DLC will play guile with a 4 frames starting lp/lk and the person B will play with a Guile with 2 or 3 frames start-up time, Clearly they cannot play together. Or else Capcom have to release a free update to everybody for the balance changes (like SSF4:AE balance changes) but MS and Sony charge game devs a hefty fees for anything they release, yeah, even if it is free. No company would want that. So they included the DLC stuff on disc itself, saving them the money from MS and Sony and saving the online community from fragmentation.

People who pay for DLC get to play the new characters, others do not need to worry about it. Almost all devs plan DLC with the game development, they just do not include it so that people do not know and rant about it. That it all. Later they can release it for a fees ($15 a map, really !!!) and part of that can go to MS or Sony as their fees.

I still do not expect the haters to understand, but I thought that this is the least I can do from my side.

Edited by avkash, 03 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

• AMG likes this
Posted Image

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts

Must be the same reason they released Dota again in HD and called it Dota 2. Only this time its not free.

:rofl:

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Fight fire with fire :P

just takes one sentence and the capcom fanbabies lose their sh*t :lol:

Dont gimme that sh*t ... you were the one calling me hyprocrite and what not.. all i said was i prefer their Re-release method over DLC(which Capcom still sells cheaper compared to any other fighting game out there) , since in the end DLC turns out more expensive...but for some reason its more accepted ...

This man speaks the truth....

Edited by Shadoken, 04 April 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image

Udham

Udham

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts

They are wrong about both things.
Right way: release a full game, sell dlcs and not unlocks, like others do. Then release a 'complete edition' after 8-9 months, with all the dlcs which were released during this period of time.

Those who don't have the dlcs simply cannot play with those who do. Or send out a free opppnents pack or something to everyone.

AMG

AMG

Sick Mind

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

ok so here's what the problem is:

there are DLC characters, think of it like a DLC map. If persona A does not have a DLC map then he cannot play with person B who is playing on this DLC Map but they can still play together on the non DLC Maps. If Capcom went this way then the people who bough DLC characters would not have been able to play with the people who did not have it at all, with any characters, because technically they would have been playing version X of the game when the version Y has already come out (with the balance changes required for new characters). To understand this think that maybe Guy's cr lp/lk could be abused on Guile because his cr lk/lp was 4 frames starting, so they have to reduce the starting frames to 3 or 2. Now person A who has not bough the DLC will play guile with a 4 frames starting lp/lk and the person B will play with a Guile with 2 or 3 frames start-up time, Clearly they cannot play together. Or else Capcom have to release a free update to everybody for the balance changes (like SSF4:AE balance changes) but MS and Sony charge game devs a hefty fees for anything they release, yeah, even if it is free. No company would want that. So they included the DLC stuff on disc itself, saving them the money from MS and Sony and saving the online community from fragmentation.

People who pay for DLC get to play the new characters, others do not need to worry about it. Almost all devs plan DLC with the game development, they just do not include it so that people do not know and rant about it. That it all. Later they can release it for a fees ($15 a map, really !!!) and part of that can go to MS or Sony as their fees.

I still do not expect the haters to understand, but I thought that this is the least I can do from my side.

Repped for the explanation.

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

They are wrong about both things.
Right way: release a full game, sell dlcs and not unlocks, like others do. Then release a 'complete edition' after 8-9 months, with all the dlcs which were released during this period of time.

Those who don't have the dlcs simply cannot play with those who do. Or send out a free opppnents pack or something to everyone.

This is the Best method ...And that is exactly how they Sold the SSF4 AE upgrade,RE5 ...

as for Super and Ultimate they did have legit answers ... SF4 was never planned to have DLC (understandable since SF4 was a surprise hit)

Ultimate was originally meant to be DLC , but they said development was cut down because of the tsunami and they were forced to release it in that time period since that is the only time slot that Marvel allowed them to release it in...Am guessing it was faster to do a disc release than implement DLC , considering they made changes to the system,netcode..etc

Edited by Shadoken, 04 April 2012 - 02:09 AM.

Posted Image

avkash

avkash

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts

some think that AE was the right way to go, some think that DLC is better, can't please them all
Posted Image

Noctis

Noctis

IVG Tournament Winner - October

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,344 posts
  • XBL GT:Noctis 7
  • PSN ID:Noctis_7
The problem was with the timing. Im sure even Blizzard would have taken some flak if WoL and HoS was released the same year.

Moving to DLCs isn't going to help if they don't get the timings right, take EA for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users