Job opportunity (Closed)

We are looking for talented and hardworking individuals who have a passion and deep understanding of videogames to be involved in research operations for a videogames database in Hyderabad.

Role:

- Involves research from various online sources such as editorial websites, video game publisher and devolper websites, game videos, previews, reviews etc with the aim of collecting technical data and classifying a wide range of hardcore and casual games on various platforms.

- Communication with video game publishers and developers with the aim of obtaining the latest and most accurate data.

Requirements:

- Basic Excel

- Proficiency with the Internet

- Fluency in English

Note: This is a full-time position.

If interested contact me at karan.madon[at]gameopedia[dott]com

Yours is a print media house dealing gaming related article? Could you please explain about your organization?

Hi,

We are not print media. We are an online database (only back end as of now). The company was founded in Norway and we are currently looking to establish a small team in Hyderabad. We are a database that contains info such as release dates, descriptions, features, publisher and developer info as well as detailed classifications of most games released and to be released in the market on various platforms. The most important thing to know is that we are a bunch of guys who love video games, love playing them, reading about them, discussing them and our aim is to make the most comprehensive and detailed database in the world spanning all kinds of games for all kinds of platforms.

We initially have plans to launch in the Nordic regions followed by the rest of Europe with eventual expansion to North America and Asia. If you like reading about games, watching game videos, spending a lot of your time looking up the latest gaming news and rumors, then this is the job for you.

my English is bit poor :cry: ,but I'm good at the first two points

i.e Basic Excel and the Internet stuff wOOtjumpy.gif

Hi AtOmX, if you want to give it a shot anyway, send me your CV and tell me a little about your gaming experience (favourite games, genres, consoles/platforms played on and owned etc). Everything in the end will depend on the interview process. You have to be based in Hyderabad obviously and remember that it is a full time position.

I like your job posting but honestly this does not seem the right place for it. Kids who spend 2.5k - 5k a month regularly on games here will not be looking for a 20k full time job.

But keep trying :)

Hi Athek, I don't think every kid spends that much of his own money on games a month because not every kid has a job (if that) that pays well for what ever reason. There is also the consideration that there are quite a few gamers out there who have just finished their studies and most companies out there don't pay freshers with a bachelors degree and no work experience anything close to 20k a month. Everyone here knows how poorly game testers get paid, for that matter any starting position in the gaming industry isn't well paying unless you are some sort of IIT genius or you have a Masters degree. As I mentioned in the OP, the range can vary from 20k to 30k based on work experience and performance during the interview process. In the end, the main factor you have to consider is that this is a job doing something you love, and we honestly do not want people who are doing it only for the money, our aim is to hire like minded individuals to build a strong and competent team that cares more about the company than themselves.

Remember, this is a start up company and the potential for growth within it is exponentially greater than most other established entities. And in the past week, we have already received over 10 applications so it does in fact seem that there are a lot more people interested than one would think.

Who said kids can't spend , there parents are there for it :bigyellowgrin:

I'm not sure why you require proficiency with Internet should have been research skills instead internet can be expertise in matter of days.

I'm not sure why you require proficiency with Internet should have been research skills instead internet can be expertise in matter of days.

Hi DinJo,

The research skills of an applicant is thoroughly tested during the interview process so we get to that very soon any way, our main aim is to attract individuals who love video games and who are interested in making a career out of them.

that took me 2 seconds to process :suicide:

also, @OP, Y U NO BASE IN MUMBAI :| ?

Archived