Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How can i get optimum graphics for my ps3?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Now Playing:Max Payne 3
hey guys,
I just a bought a new ps3 and hooked it up to my lcd tv..It is a sony 32 inch non hd tv.
I have gta 4 with me. And the problem is that the doesn't look so refined and there is some problem with the way it is presented.
The colors are not vivid and while driving the graphics tend to blur..
Is there any option to increase the graphics quality in my ps3? Does anyone else face the same problem??

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • PSN ID:Mizanurification
  • Steam:mizanurification
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
ur using an HDMI cable right??

Edit: Non-hd lcd is the problem.

Edited by EYE HAVE YOU, 19 May 2012 - 10:14 PM.

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
nope.. I am using that regular cable that came along with the ps3..!
should i get one??

devil_angel

devil_angel

Steam and GFWL ruined PC gaming

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts
  • XBL GT:hemanthgodnova
  • PSN ID:hemanthgodnova
  • Steam:hemanthgodnova
yes. The basic component cable does very low res (480p afaik) and that's the start of it. You should get a HDMI cable asap.
Posted Image

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

yes. The basic component cable does very low res (480p afaik) and that's the start of it. You should get a HDMI cable asap.

Ohh i didnt know that..
can u quote the price of decent hdmi cable that can do the job.??

silentassassin

silentassassin

Killers In Action - KZ2 Champs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,674 posts
  • PSN ID:SilentAsssasssin
Goto any electronics store near your place which sell tv's and stuff
Ask for HDMI cable..

U'll get it for around 200 to 400 bucks..Just get one plus ur PS3 to tv with it and you are done..

ivg_zpsaa1c1ee8.png

Please download our game : Android

Aes Sedai

Aes Sedai

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts
You can even get one for 50 - 100 rs... don't pay too much. they all do the same thing.

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
The problem is ur using a NON-HD LCD, as per ur post, so HDMI cable would be useless in ur case.
Time to get a better TV.

Edited by EYE HAVE YOU, 19 May 2012 - 10:28 PM.

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
ok.. :(
Anyways i will try my luck with a hdmi cable..

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
first check if ur TV has a HDMI port... :giggle:
Posted Image

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
yes..i checked...it has one. :)
so should i go for a hdmi cable??

devil_angel

devil_angel

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

yes..i checked...it has one. :)
so should i go for a hdmi cable??

By all accounts, yes.
Posted Image

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Thanks guys..!! i ll get one tomo itself..!! :)

Mizanurification

Mizanurification

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
So its a HD-lcd brah... get a HDMI cable for rs.200 max and be prepared to see the bling bling.. B)

Sackboy

Sackboy

Capcom sucks donkey balls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • PSN ID:MikeKudoS
  • Steam:mikejumba

Composite cable and 480i :)

And yeah , you need a HDMI cable , my guess would be that your TV is 1080i or HD ready ,,

devil_angel

devil_angel

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,162 posts

Composite cable and 480i :)

And yeah , you need a HDMI cable , my guess would be that your TV is 1080i or HD ready ,,

cool :P
Posted Image

Sackboy

Sackboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

cool :P

:chair:

The Wolfy among us

The Wolfy among us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • PSN ID:bharat4ever
  • Steam:bharat4ever
  • Now Playing:GT6, AC4
Post pictures before and after hdmi

blgtdi5ciaaq-zy-290x80.jpg

Avijit GoLdy

Avijit GoLdy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • PSN ID:AVIjitHD
bhai dekh aisa hai ki agar tera TV sirf SD hai like there many 32" LCD out thr not even HD ready. toh you 'll not get graphics any good as any PS2 game, but agar Tera TV HD ready hai to you 'll be getting 720p HD, and if your TV is full HD 1920 by 1080p then you can play few of the games at 1080p cuz not all the games support that resolution most of them are at 720p.......and now for the cable thing ..if you thinking that getting an HDMI cable will solve your problem then i am afraid its not like that...to get quality visuals you must have a FULL HD1080p TV....and for connectivity (Heavy Transmission) i recommend you a must buy a sony HDMI cable or sony Component HD cables....HDMI cables prices may vary. i got it free from my friend. Hence, Only high quality HDMI can deliver the INSANE QUALITY, not cables which comes around 200 - 400 ...you might experience some glitches with these cheap cables and COLOR delivery range is not really good.Hope this helped you. Thank you.

Edited by Avijit GoLdy, 24 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

• Aftrunner likes this

Iamsreeok

Iamsreeok

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

bhai dekh aisa hai ki agar tera TV sirf SD hai like there many 32" LCD out thr not even HD ready. toh you 'll not get graphics any good as any PS2 game, but agar Tera TV HD ready hai to you 'll be getting 720p HD, and if your TV is full HD 1920 by 1080p then you can play few of the games at 1080p cuz not all the games support that resolution most of them are at 720p.......and now for the cable thing ..if you thinking that getting an HDMI cable will solve your problem then i am afraid its not like that...to get quality visuals you must have a FULL HD1080p TV....and for connectivity (Heavy Transmission) i recommend you a must buy a sony HDMI cable or sony Component HD cables....HDMI cables prices may vary. i got it free from my friend. Hence, Only high quality HDMI can deliver the INSANE QUALITY, not cables which comes around 200 - 400 ...you might experience some glitches with these cheap cables and COLOR delivery range is not really good.Hope this helped you. Thank you.

Hey i bought a hdmi cable for 250 bucks and the graphics really improved a lot.
I can play gta 4 at 720p. The blurring problem and the low graphics output just vanished.
Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions..!! :)

Sackboy

Sackboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

1337828097[/url]' post='1411236']

Bro , a lot of stuff you say is wrong but I am not gonna bother correcting you right now ..

AngerSmash

AngerSmash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • PSN ID:ratul_jain1991
  • Now Playing:L.A Noire

Dafuq?
Posted Image

Avijit GoLdy

Avijit GoLdy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
challenge you if can prove those points wrong....:gunsmilie:...hmm common i am waiting....:scratchchin:

Bro , a lot of stuff you say is wrong but I am not gonna bother correcting you right now ..

• Aftrunner likes this

Avijit GoLdy

Avijit GoLdy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
RE: DafaQ:

Dafuq?

• Aftrunner likes this

Big Boss

Big Boss

Happily married to his Xbox One.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,451 posts
  • XBL GT:ambarhitman
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar_hitman
:lol: Hint: HDMI is digital signal. That is what I can say.
I am using 2 cables, both priced around 250 bucks, one is for PS3 and other is for PC, and both working fine since 1.5 years.

Edited by The_Rock, 25 May 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4| Xbox One
ambar_hitman.png

Avijit GoLdy

Avijit GoLdy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
anyone can try and use the one told and see the diffrence :D

Edited by Avijit GoLdy, 24 May 2012 - 10:42 PM.

• Aftrunner likes this

egg man

egg man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • PSN ID:captain_crime89
  • Now Playing:Max payne 3

Wow...way to provide wrong info!
ANY HDMI would provide same quality. The expensive ones are just ripping off people like you :bigyellowgrin:
Don't believe me, check this out:
http://news.cnet.com...s-are-the-same/

And Full HD TV won't make a 720p game look any better ...Lol..how is that even possible...

What would help? A TV with 120Hz would make graphics look much more smooth.
  • Big Boss likes this

3713172419.png

Pushy

Pushy

Nobody fondles me :(

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
  • XBL GT:sold the HDD :(
  • PSN ID:VipKiller070809
  • Now Playing:The Witcher E Edtn

Posted Image

This is the most ridiculous post i have ever read.

Dude, get out of the cave, and stop spreading false info or GTFO from here.
  • Big Boss likes this

See, Madness, as you know, is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

yeah, I might as well skip it mang. Watchdogs FTW :P        <<<-- DA on GTA5

Avijit GoLdy

Avijit GoLdy

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
:doh: hahahh LOLZ lagta hai tujhe HINDI main samjhana padega ,mere comment me se aisi line extract kar k bata jisme sidha sidha maine kaha ho ki u 'll be needin a 1080p tv to play 720p......:doh: stated that only few of them runs at 1080p most of them are at resolution of 720p:doh: as i can see now wats the mindset is....LOLZzzz ......sahi bhi hai tune SASTI wali bata di maine ACHCHI wali LOL:D
  • Aftrunner likes this

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,027 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
I think a temp ban is deserved just for spreading FUD with such absolute conviction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users