Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DLC Review: Harley Quinn's Revenge

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ScrewyAurum

ScrewyAurum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
  • XBL GT:ScrewyAurum
  • PSN ID:havennhell
  • Steam:ScrewyAurum
  • Now Playing:FTW!
Posted Image

Today where DLC's are dime-a-dozen, whether its the "day one" kind or just another bunch of multiplayer maps, it's refreshing to see Rocksteady trying to expand on last years brilliant sequel with Harley Quinn's Revenge.

Unlike the original game, the DLC wastes no time on trying to ease the player into the intricaies of the gameplay mechanics. Harley's revenge throws you into the thick of things and soon you'll be battling mobs of goons, now decked out in Harley's uniforms in all their red, black and white glory.

Posted Image

The DLC picks up a few weeks after the events of Batman Arkham City, and it revolves around the jokers main squeeze, Harlry Quinn out for vengeance on the Batman who she blames for murdering her poor 'Mistah J'. The game opens with Robin going off in pursuit of the missing Dark Knight and from the off, it is quite clear that Batman's friends are worried about him as it seems he is struggling to cope with the death of the Joker and Talia. It makes for an intriguing premise but is only teased and not explored at all except in a few conversations between Robin and Oracle.
The main focus is Harley trying her twisted best to eradicate the Bat and as enjoyable the gameplay is, the story does not live up to my lofty expectations considering Rocksteady's reputation to create engaging narratives.

Throughout the game you alternate between playing as Batman and Robin.
While playing as the Batman is similar to the original, Robin mixes up the playstyle by introducing his own gadgets like the wicked baton/staff which is used not only in combat, but is also used to get past certain obstacles, block gunfire and jet streams. He also uses the snap flash sticky bomb that can be used to knock out unaware enemies and used on environmental objects. Robin also possess his mentors keen detective vision and gadgets like the line launcher, explosive gel, regular and remote-controlled shurikens (Robins version of the Batrang). Robin handles really well although it might take new comers a few tries to get used to him as his combat style is slightly more faster than the Dark Knight.
The combat will be familiar to the people who have already played the Robin challenge room DLC, but it sure is exciting to watch Robin in action in a narrative driven experince, although people expecting to explore the Arkham City sandbox as the Boy Wonder will be disappointed.

Posted Image

Confined within the city's steel mill and a new area called the shipyard, you'll sample bits of the broader Arkham City experience. You'll crawl through ducts, sneak through confined spaces, strategically taking out bad guys, look for clues, follow breadcrumb trails to objective markers, race against the clock to avert disaster, and swing from gargoyle to gargoyle whilst individually picking off armed goons.
While each area is beatifully crafted, you won't find any complleing reason to explore every inch of the world apart for finding another bunch of balloons to compulsively pop.
Harley Quinn's Revenge is quite linear in stark contrast to the main game which goes out of its way to reward players for exploring the environment.

With a price tag of $10 it might seem pricey considering the meagre run time, but if you crave for more Batman, you will not be dissapointed. The DLC clocks in at just under 2 hours and comes with an additional 250 achivement points to harvest.
While it's good to be back in Arkham city, the DLC never reaches the same heights as the orignal game and the end lacks closure. Even so, Harley Quinn's revenge is certainly a DLC worthy of the name and I walked away from it excited by what's to come next for the series.

7.5/10

Platforms: XBLA, PSN, PC
Price: $10, 800 MS Points
(Requires Batman: Arkham City)

Edited by ScrewyAurum, 02 June 2012 - 11:31 PM.

• Aftrunner, lightUTSaber, Blueelvis_RoXXX and 3 others like this

c5hb.png

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Yellow Flash Of The Leaf

Fine Young Cannibalol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • PSN ID:xIamPainX
  • Now Playing:IVG Google Plus Chat
:good:

Blueelvis_RoXXX

Blueelvis_RoXXX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts
  • PSN ID:BlueelvisRoXX
  • Steam:Blueelvis_RoXXX
  • Now Playing:Hitman Absolution
Nice ONE! :kisstogether:

Repped :)

BTW, why doing a DLC review only? you could have done of the GOTY edition?
Posted Image

Do not fear to be an amateur as AMATEURS build THE ARK whereas professionals build the TITANIC!

ScrewyAurum

ScrewyAurum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts
GOTY editions don't really merit a review.
I wrote this cause I played the DLC and wanted to share my thoughts on it.

c5hb.png

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,628 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls
Very nice. Couple of thoughts. The second last para of the review feels like it should be the second para of the review. Also score seems to be a bit generous considering the wording. Reads like a 6 at times.

Good stuff otherwise. :)

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

Rosh

Rosh

FIFA12 Most Improved Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,964 posts
  • PSN ID:roshankalro
  • Now Playing:FIFA 13
good job deep :thumbsup:

review digital titles (psn,xbla) since we don't get to see reviews on them here often.
we are infinite.

ScrewyAurum

ScrewyAurum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Very nice. Couple of thoughts. The second last para of the review feels like it should be the second para of the review. Also score seems to be a bit generous considering the wording. Reads like a 6 at times.

Good stuff otherwise. :)

Edited it and certainly reads better now.

Thanks. :)

Edited by ScrewyAurum, 02 June 2012 - 08:47 PM.

c5hb.png

cat

cat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
Good Review,one of the best DLC I have played..
Posted Image

An Assassin's Creed FaN,My Computer can beat me in Chess but not in Assassin's Creed.

kushalrocks

kushalrocks

Sic Parvis Magna Tourney Winners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts
  • XBL GT:kushalrocks1001
  • PSN ID:kushalrocks1001
  • Steam:kushalrocks1001
  • Now Playing:Mario kart 7
nice review , will get dlc soon :D

516010.png

My 3DS FC 4656-6100-8090 . Pm me yours if you add me :)

Tukulu

Tukulu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • XBL GT:TukTuk Tukulu
  • Steam:tukulu
  • Now Playing:Guild Wars 2
will get whole arkham city bundle this summer deal

76561198032316857.png

Seriosia

Seriosia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • XBL GT:SteelyPenny1053
  • PSN ID:Seriosia
  • Steam:leonneel
  • Now Playing:bf4
im gonna play this game fater i buy a nvidia card for physx :bigyellowgrin:

Seriosia.png

Roshan rocks

Roshan rocks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • XBL GT:Deadly Roshan
  • Now Playing:FIFA 13,AC III
+1 :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,859 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
Best DLC Ever. Especially at Summer Sale price. Only issue is that you can't choose alternate costumes like Main Story. I would have loved to play it with different Robin costumes.

EDIT: WE CAN:

http://community.bat...e-Technical-FAQ

Will you be able to use Robin's other skins in the DLC story?
Sort of You can change to Robin’s animated series and Red
Robin skin (if you choose animated Robin - Batman will then change to his animated series skin, he will not change if you choose Red Robin)

To use different Robin skins do the following:
• STEP 1 – finish Batman Arkham City story (you do not have to finish New Game Plus)
• STEP 2 – Start HQR
• STEP 3 – Quit back to main menu
• STEP 4 – Continue HQR
• STEP 5 - you will then be able to choose a Robin Skin

**You will need to have the Animated Batman skin installed and the Robin DLC installed **

Now I will have to complete main story mode on PC ASAP.

Edited by The_Rock, 30 July 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

Ichigo Uzumaki

Ichigo Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • XBL GT:xxxnikhilxxx
  • PSN ID:nikhil_1995
  • Steam:nikhil_1995
  • Now Playing:BF3, FIFA 13
Nice review bro :thumbsup:

nikhil_1995.png