Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deadpool

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

NitroNeo

NitroNeo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  • PSN ID:nitroneo
  • Now Playing:away my boredom
ActiVision the publisher , i lost all hope already , the game will be decent to good , i really don't expect any competitor to arkham & infamous anytime soon , beenox do a decent job with spidey but they need to get the comic like feel of shattered dimensions & mix it with free roaming of amazing spidey
Posted Image

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • PSN ID:SweetPoisonDG
  • Steam:satyanjoy
  • Now Playing:Marvel Heroes
excellent news..hope it will come to PC also..waitng for the Duel gun-sword wielding Merc with the mouth,,we may get Wolverine appearance also

Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC Blue WD10EZEX 1TB | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB | Merc Stealth | Logitech G930 | Logitech MX518 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Xbox360 Controller | Win8 Pro | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Origin id - SatyaDG Steam Trading Cards -- "Valve made a game in buying game"

fs_overall.png

Ram Dante

Ram Dante

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Now Playing:MGS1 | Dishonored

that game was :doh:

What the!? How dare you! :threatenlumber:
Its the best wolverine game till date, plus it has Hugh Jackman what more do you need. Yes it kinda gets monotonous in the end, but still so awesome!
Posted Image

Ram Dante

Ram Dante

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Now Playing:MGS1 | Dishonored

The movie on the other hand was most definitely :doh:

Yeah movie could ve been way better, but I liked the first half of it, but hated the way how crappy they showed deadpool.
Posted Image

NitroNeo

NitroNeo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
The dialogs were poor , he had way better dialogs in MvC 3 , they need good writers IMO
Posted Image

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts
  • XBL GT:PsychoBoyTyler
  • PSN ID:PsychoBoyTyler
  • Steam:PsychoBoyTyler

They are making a sequel to the movie..So i hope they also make a game..

BTW Good to have you back on IVG :)

Got the new spidy game ?

Yeah hope the sequel is good. And no, no Spidey yet. Too many games to play already :(

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
  • XBL GT:ShadokenZX
  • PSN ID:Shadoken33
  • Steam:Shadoken33

The dialogs were poor , he had way better dialogs in MvC 3 , they need good writers IMO

MvC stuck to its comic roots , I guess in this game they wanna make it more mature title like the Batman games.
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman

Yeah hope the sequel is good. And no, no Spidey yet. Too many games to play already

Get it on 10th August on Steam.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts
Full Steam price? No thank you. I'd rather pick up a copy locally.

darkniks

darkniks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • XBL GT:nikslyon
  • PSN ID:darkniks
Deadpool makes a guest appearance at the Marvel Games panel

Chimichangas over Boobies.........FTW

4tr5f6.jpg

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • PSN ID:SweetPoisonDG
  • Steam:satyanjoy
  • Now Playing:Marvel Heroes
Funny and impressive announcement by high Moon studio,, looking forward to it

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2

Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC Blue WD10EZEX 1TB | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB | Merc Stealth | Logitech G930 | Logitech MX518 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Xbox360 Controller | Win8 Pro | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Origin id - SatyaDG Steam Trading Cards -- "Valve made a game in buying game"

fs_overall.png

Heaven Angel

Heaven Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • PSN ID:Heaven_Angel52
  • Now Playing:Destiny/ME:SOM
For all Platforms .. PS3, Xbox360 and PC :scratchchin:

Heaven_Angel52.png

Heaven Angel

Heaven Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • PSN ID:Heaven_Angel52
  • Now Playing:Destiny/ME:SOM

Videos with B**bies ... ha ha

Heaven_Angel52.png

NitroNeo

NitroNeo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

MvC stuck to its comic roots , I guess in this game they wanna make it more mature title like the Batman games.

The batman games are the fine representation of the batman world , dare i say those are even better than nolan films , the dark knight trilogy is too too dark & makes batman feel more gloomier than normal & the tension is soo over dramatic that the phrase " boy you can cut this tension with a knife " seems to be of a adam & eve time period

Marvel should stick to it's character roots & make games that truly do justice to the character like Avengers did , just make the game open world & don't change anything , if spiderman shattered dimensions was open world it would have been Day friggin 1 GOTY
Posted Image

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts
Deadpool doesn't need to be an open world game. Unlike Spider-Man his character and abilities aren't really suited for an open-world game. It must be a linear action game with distinct levels/missions and epic end-of-level boss fights with familiar Marvel characters.

Also for the record, Shattered Dimensions was a nice break from the other open-world Spidey games. It was exactly what was needed to break the monotony after Web Of Shadows and the lacklustre Spider-Man 3. Now, Edge Of Time... not so much.

Edited by Tyler, 18 July 2012 - 12:41 AM.

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts
  • PSN ID:a_raf
why don't you just say it. Open-world spiderman game SUCKED. Spiderman 2 (PSone) was the best spidey game and it was very linear. Great game that.

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts

why don't you just say it. Open-world spiderman game SUCKED. Spiderman 2 (PSone) was the best spidey game and it was very linear. Great game that.

No I didn't mean that. To do justice to Spider-Man's abilities you need to give the player freedom to explore. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Web Of Shadows were all good games. Spider-Man 3 was mediocre (typical movie tie-in). Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions felt refreshing because it featured a different concept.

Spider-Man 2 was on PS2/Xbox/GC btw and it was open-world.

Spider-Man (the game that came along with the first movie) is what you're talking about.

Big Boss

Big Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts

why don't you just say it. Open-world spiderman game SUCKED

Well NO. Spider-man 2 on PS2 is awesome and considered as best Spidey game of all time. Web of Shadows was GREAT and Amazing Spider-man is pretty good.
And Shattered Dimensions had pretty big levels, especially Ultimate Spider-man levels. Imagine entire SD game with linear levels tied into an open world like Batman Arkham City, and the City will have infinite crime and web swinging like Web of Shadows. Only when you reach story mission markers, you switch to Spider-man of required dimension and play the game like SD already is. That would be the BEST SPIDER-MAN GAME EVER.

Spider-Man (the game that came along with the first movie) is what you're talking about.

He is talking about 2nd Spider-man game on PS1. IIRC, there were 2 Spider-man games on PS1, and both were great. One was Enter Electro, forgot the other's name.

Edited by The_Rock, 18 July 2012 - 01:07 AM.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

NitroNeo

NitroNeo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Deadpool doesn't need to be an open world game. Unlike Spider-Man his character and abilities aren't really suited for an open-world game. It must be a linear action game with distinct levels/missions and epic end-of-level boss fights with familiar Marvel characters.

Any game shines in an open world or at least some sandbox environment , make all the games like that i say , buying a game for $60 just to play for 12 hours at max is suited for rich folk , most of of us crave for more of what we love like skyrim or very least arkham city with at least some freedom , gone are the days of cheap , short & fun cartridge based games , spending money on a 13 hour or so game is a nightmare for me , it may be due to i am not doing a job right now but still , living in india is already costly as it is :(

Shattered Dimensions had pretty big levels, especially Ultimate Spider-man levels. Imagine entire SD game with linear levels tied into an open world like Batman Arkham City, and the City will have infinite crime and web swinging like Web of Shadows. Only when you reach story mission markers, you switch to Spider-man of required dimension and play the game like SD already is. That would be the BEST SPIDER-MAN GAME EVER.

Mere bhavanaoko koi toh samjha :hug:
Posted Image

darkniks

darkniks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
Spider-Man(PC) followed by its sequel Spider-Man2:Enter Electro(PS1) = my childhood
the best spidey games ever made. Enter Electro was the sole reason I bought PS1............... these two were totally Excelsior!!

this theme till date echoes in my mind whenever I see a Spidey game only hoping that they wud re-create those glorious days of my childhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBTLQvcnfnY

screw movie-based, gta open world, I just want that good ol' Spidey game back, true to its roots. I just want the story true to the comics...........golden age, silver age anything..............but true to its comic-book counterpart

Open-world spiderman game SUCKED. Spiderman 2 (PSone) was the best spidey game and it was very linear. Great game that.

+infinity gauntlet

btw sry for the OT, couldn't resist that nerd factor inside me :bigyellowgrin:

4tr5f6.jpg

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts

Any game shines in an open world or at least some sandbox environment , make all the games like that i say , buying a game for $60 just to play for 12 hours at max is suited for rich folk , most of of us crave for more of what we love like skyrim or very least arkham city with at least some freedom , gone are the days of cheap , short & fun cartridge based games , spending money on a 13 hour or so game is a nightmare for me , it may be due to i am not doing a job right now but still , living in india is already costly as it is :(

That is just stupid , Linear games have tons of advantages like better thought out puzzles,level design and boss fights .Deadpool would shine in a DMC styled action game , he is suited for that role .

Also you talk as if linear games have no replayability over open world games. Id rather play 10 well designed stages 100 times instead of exploring some snooze fest sandbox with copy pasta environment. Games dont HAVE to be sandbox to be better , linear games can be good too.

Edited by Shadoken, 18 July 2012 - 05:29 AM.

Posted Image

darkniks

darkniks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Deadpool would shine in a DMC styled action game , he is suited for that role .

+1 & Dante acknowledges it

Spoiler

4tr5f6.jpg

NitroNeo

NitroNeo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Spider-Man(PC) followed by its sequel Spider-Man2:Enter Electro(PS1) = my childhood
the best spidey games ever made. Enter Electro was the sole reason I bought PS1............... these two were totally Excelsior!!

Was that the one where we had the basic wall crawling tutorial at night then following my thugs trying to beat use & we have to extinguish some fire , i don't remember all the stages , but did it have the bomb defusing & we had to stop some plane from crashing ?

Coz i don't remember now which game i am talkin'bout but i loved it
Posted Image

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts

No I didn't mean that. To do justice to Spider-Man's abilities you need to give the player freedom to explore. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Web Of Shadows were all good games. Spider-Man 3 was mediocre (typical movie tie-in). Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions felt refreshing because it featured a different concept.

Spider-Man 2 was on PS2/Xbox/GC btw and it was open-world.

Dude, I have played spiderman 2 on my PSone. I am talking about the game which had Electro as main boss and there was sandman and other villians. I am pretty sure that both game came before the movies.

EDIT: Darkniks my friend :hug: bro hi five B) you've played best spidey games :hug:

Edited by dante77, 18 July 2012 - 11:55 AM.

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts

Post of the year!

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts
Btw, open-world are of different types. First there is GTA/saints row/Spiderman(PS2) type of open-world (I personally hate them) where you can talk or kil anyone and there are hundreds of side-quest. Secondly, there are Darksiders/POP(2008) type of open-world (they are petty much linear) where there are no talkable character and no side missions, anything that moves is your enemy but you can go any place you want. Then, there is Assassins Creed/Batman:AC type (I love them too) and finally, there are RPGs which are all awesome!

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts

That's a very wrong theory. Not every game needs to be open-world. In fact forcing an open-world into a game that doesn't need it is one of the worst things a developer can do (see Rage). What you're talking about is exploration. And that was a part of the original Doom back in the day as well. It's all to do with intelligent level design. Blame shooters like COD which set you on a linear A -> B path. Or worse, ask you to "follow" someone throughout the game.

A game can be linear with set levels and still have enough content to give you your money's worth. See Half-Life 2.

Dude, I have played spiderman 2 on my PSone. I am talking about the game which had Electro as main boss and there was sandman and other villians. I am pretty sure that both game came before the movies.

I stand corrected. Haven't played those games.

But trust me if the tech was available and the PSOne was powerful enough those devs would have tried to give you more freedom with the webslinging.

dante77

dante77

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,768 posts
^^But they didn't and lets just say they accidently made the Best spidey game, both spiderman 1 and 2 were great games. Btw, you never played the best spiderman game and second best spiderman game :O SP2 was also available on PC and it was a good port IIRC. Yes, they were very unrealistic (like webswinging in the sky lol) but awesome.

Shadoken

Shadoken

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts
Lmao i remember Spidey 1 .There were no streets , if you fell you died :P . Fun game though , kinda short . Most of these were fixed with Spidey 2.
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
^Both PS1 games prevented you from falling on streets IIRC. Both were pretty awesome.

ambar_hitman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users