Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,010 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik

so this is a payed for forum...?

WTF ??
  • ditareernet likes this

reaper

reaper

MINE!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts
  • XBL GT:Mr 0bn0xi0us
  • PSN ID:Mr_0bn0xi0us
  • Steam:Mr_0bn0xi0us

so this is a payed for forum...?

???

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
He means if there are some costs involved with running the forum I think.

And I'd presume yes, since an IPB License and domain cost quite a bit. Plus there are running costs like server costs.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,010 posts
Trust Anksam to break the chain of thought in a thread conversation.

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
Lol, yeah, completely off topic.

Oh, and I hate the customs department of our country :)

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • XBL GT:Bengalooru
  • PSN ID:Bengalooru
Wanna Import 8800 Gfx card

hey ppl i am planning to import XfX 8800 gts 640mb XXX edition from ebay.com... wat are the directions i shud give to the seller regarding packing and shipping.. i dnt want to struck in customs pls :dance:

SchizoidFreud

SchizoidFreud

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts
  • XBL GT:Boom Shankaram
  • PSN ID:ThePaink1ller
  • Steam:SchizoidFreud
  • Now Playing:Check my Last FM.
ask him to mark the shipment as a "gift"
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Posted Image

DeeMan

DeeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • XBL GT:Inorganicdee
I ordered Halo 3 from Play-Asia, and it shipped 10 days back but I have not yet received it. What are experiences in terms of shipping times for most members on 360i? Any possibility of a single game ($69) getting stuck in customs?

Thanks
Dee

p.s: I ordered the bubble wrap shipping option as was recommended elsewhere on this forum.
-----------

360 Premium Pal Version
Games: Fifa 09, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2K8, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3 LE, Forza Motorsport 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Bioshock, Burnout Revenge, Rainbow Six: Vegas CE, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, Orange Box

PS3 40 GB US NTSC
Games: GTA IV, F1: Championship Edition
Blu-Ray: The Dark Knight, Transformers, 3:10 to Yuma, Wall-E, Planet Earth (on loan to DaN), Day After Tomorrow, 'I, Robot', Castaway, No Country For Old Men (on loan to DaN), POTC I, POTC III, National Treasure I + II special pack, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, Mission Impossible III,

rahul

rahul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Steam:blitzrahul
som1 needs to stick a frag in customs a*s... they say xbox is more of a luxury than a requirement :sign_omg:

DeeMan

DeeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

som1 needs to stick a frag in customs a*s... they say xbox is more of a luxury than a requirement :sign_omg:

All I am praying for is for my Halo 3 LE to get through! After that I am all for your suggestion! :sign_omg:

BTW did your titles get stuck?
-----------

360 Premium Pal Version
Games: Fifa 09, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2K8, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3 LE, Forza Motorsport 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Bioshock, Burnout Revenge, Rainbow Six: Vegas CE, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, Orange Box

PS3 40 GB US NTSC
Blu-Ray: The Dark Knight, Transformers, 3:10 to Yuma, Wall-E, Planet Earth (on loan to DaN), Day After Tomorrow, 'I, Robot', Castaway, No Country For Old Men (on loan to DaN), POTC I, POTC III, National Treasure I + II special pack, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, Mission Impossible III,

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
I received my SVideo cable in around 11 days, and my Tekken Tag, PS2, in 17 days, they said that it can get stuck in the customs. I didn't get charged any customs though, as I asked them to include only half the invoice.

DeeMan

DeeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I received my SVideo cable in around 11 days, and my Tekken Tag, PS2, in 17 days, they said that it can get stuck in the customs. I didn't get charged any customs though, as I asked them to include only half the invoice.

You mean to say you emailed them asking for the half adjustment? I was not aware they would accommodate such requests. Will try it next time around though.

Edit: 17 days is a frickin long time for delivery considering you reside in Delhi. Ho hum....I guess I can stop checking my doorstep for HALO 3expectantly this week!

Edited by DeeMan, 13 October 2007 - 02:55 PM.

-----------

360 Premium Pal Version

PS3 40 GB US NTSC

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
I asked them to mark it as a gift, they said they cannot do it, and offered to put half the invoice with the package.

Yeah, 17 days is pretty long, but that's Indian Customs Dept for you I guess.

Edited by Fire Wolf, 13 October 2007 - 06:20 PM.

SchizoidFreud

SchizoidFreud

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

I ordered Halo 3 from Play-Asia, and it shipped 10 days back but I have not yet received it. What are experiences in terms of shipping times for most members on 360i? Any possibility of a single game ($69) getting stuck in customs?

Thanks
Dee

p.s: I ordered the bubble wrap shipping option as was recommended elsewhere on this forum.

You did a very wise thing buy using the economy bubble shipping option. I have ordered from play-asia several times and its just once that my shipment didnt reach me....its because i used the economy box (or whatever it is) option. The rest of the times i ordered from them (using the economy bubble option), i got them in around 15-20 days straight. The only possibility of getting the shipment stuck with the customs, according to me is if u use the economy box option..else, u wont experience any problems. Even if the package gets stuck with the customs, just mail play-asia's customer support and they'll give you a cash coupon of the same amount that your shipment was worth of.

Hope this helps.

Posted Image

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
Yup, when I chose the Bubble option, I was delivered the product quite quickly, considering there has been an underwater earthquake at that time in Eastern Asia and all internet websites etc there were down. But this time I chose the Box option and it was delivered quite late.

GamerZ-Cloud Strife

GamerZ-Cloud Strife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Location:embrace your dreams..if u want 2 be hero..u need to have dreams
  • XBL GT:Passivepack
  • PSN ID:JrOtacon and geeksnake
  • Steam:Avinash360
i am planing to order Chrome flow for Xbox360..from Amazon.com..what r the direction i should do..i dnt want to struck in customs pls :wOOtjumpy:

Daedalus

Daedalus

Daddu McLovin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • XBL GT:arc4de fire
f**k...my half life 2 was shipped usin economy box...so screwed....so guys wadda i do?
<div align="center">NDSlite|PS2|360|PS3|PSP|GBA</div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.playfire....m/anksam/games" target="_blank">My Games.</a></div>

SchizoidFreud

SchizoidFreud

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts
If the shipment doesnt reach u by 4-5 weeks, just mail their customer support and they'll give u a cash coupon of the same value ur game was worth of.

Posted Image

GamerZ-Cloud Strife

GamerZ-Cloud Strife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Location:embrace your dreams..if u want 2 be hero..u need to have dreams
  • XBL GT:Passivepack
  • PSN ID:JrOtacon and geeksnake
  • Steam:Avinash360
Any one help me....i am planing to order Chrome flow for Xbox360..from Amazon.com..what r the direction i should do..i dnt want to struck in customs pls

DeeMan

DeeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Thanks
Dee

You did a very wise thing buy using the economy bubble shipping option. I have ordered from play-asia several times and its just once that my shipment didnt reach me....its because i used the economy box (or whatever it is) option. The rest of the times i ordered from them (using the economy bubble option), i got them in around 15-20 days straight. The only possibility of getting the shipment stuck with the customs, according to me is if u use the economy box option..else, u wont experience any problems. Even if the package gets stuck with the customs, just mail play-asia's customer support and they'll give you a cash coupon of the same amount that your shipment was worth of.

Hope this helps.

It sure does help! Atleast I know my $69 has not gone down the drain....12 days and counting now!
-----------

360 Premium Pal Version

PS3 40 GB US NTSC

DeeMan

DeeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Any one help me....i am planing to order Chrome flow for Xbox360..from Amazon.com..what r the direction i should do..i dnt want to struck in customs pls

From what I have seen on this forum and elsewhere, your best option would be to get the shipper to mark "GIFT" on the package. That should definitely help. But Umang and the others may have some better guidance on this one considering that this does not count as a game/electronics item, but rather as an accessory.
-----------

360 Premium Pal Version

PS3 40 GB US NTSC

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • XBL GT:Bengalooru
  • PSN ID:Bengalooru
i am planning to buy this.. black wireless controller.. how much is a normal wireless here in india and hw many days will it take the controller to reach me?

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1zan.html

Fire Wolf

Fire Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
It should take you around 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, to the people who've ordered from Yes Asia in the past, is it a reliable site? And do they mark orders as gifts if the buyer wishes so?

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,010 posts

i am planning to buy this.. black wireless controller.. how much is a normal wireless here in india and hw many days will it take the controller to reach me?

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1zan.html

I would suggest the Halo 3 edition controllers. I have used them and they feel very nice in hand. But they could be a problem if you are prone to sweaty hands since they are glossy.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,010 posts
Hey V, any recommended Ebay seller for XBLM points?

vinitwins

vinitwins

Founder

• Jr Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • XBL GT:vinitwins
  • PSN ID:vinitwins | vinitwins_us
  • Steam:narangi_dabba
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

V

RROD'ed 360 Premium (NTSC-U) w/ soft-modded MS28 + 360 Core (PAL): GoW2 | COD4 | Halo 3 | Bioshock | GoW | Table Tennis | GRAW | Dead Rising | COD2 | Viva Pinata | FNR3 | Burnout Revenge | PGR3 | Rumble Roses XX | Condemned | Saints Row | PDZ | FIFA 06

PS3 40GB Ceramic White (NTSC-J): Resistance 2 | LBP | MGS4 | UT3 | Warhawk | Ratchet & Clank | Uncharted | Resistance*

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,010 posts
Isn't there someone who will sell less points?

vinitwins

vinitwins

Founder

• Jr Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
4000 points for $50 is a good deal - the 1600points cards sell for ~$25

V

RROD'ed 360 Premium (NTSC-U) w/ soft-modded MS28 + 360 Core (PAL): GoW2 | COD4 | Halo 3 | Bioshock | GoW | Table Tennis | GRAW | Dead Rising | COD2 | Viva Pinata | FNR3 | Burnout Revenge | PGR3 | Rumble Roses XX | Condemned | Saints Row | PDZ | FIFA 06

PS3 40GB Ceramic White (NTSC-J): Resistance 2 | LBP | MGS4 | UT3 | Warhawk | Ratchet & Clank | Uncharted | Resistance*

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  • XBL GT:IGL MaK
  • PSN ID:Makatak9777
  • Now Playing:Destiny MP

4000 points for $50 is a good deal - the 1600points cards sell for ~$25

V

Dude just wanted to check this is really a noobie question but im registered as a UK XBL Account,So for adding points i need to get it from UK ebay,any stores or US Ebay etc.. will do. I know its a stupid question but just wanted to make sure before i purchase...
Posted Image

vinitwins

vinitwins

Founder

• Jr Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
no it's a pertinent question - marketplace points are region locked (except australia) - so make sure to check if the points you are purchasing will work with your UK GT (or is expressly stated as being worldwide compatible)

otherwise you will have to create a silver US GT, load the points and use that account to purchase the content you want (all GTs on your console will be able to access that content, but if you change consoles, then only the purchasing GT will retain licensing rights)

V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users