Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

anuragdadheech

anuragdadheech

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also can Xbox India provide an adapter replacement

Agent 47

Agent 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • XBL GT:ArsenicNero
  • PSN ID:XzWhiteDevilzX
  • Steam:XzWhiteDevilzX

Hey guyz i have a friend in Columbia, South Carolina. I asked him to bring a Wii U but unfortunately the box is big and he cannot carry while coming to India in Jan but i have no problem even if he ships it.So can anyone tell me how much would it cost me for getting it shipped. The product weight is around 10 pounds. If its around $40-$50 i don't mind paying. 

Do let me know soon.

Edited by Agent 47, 15 December 2014 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

g4m3r

g4m3r

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Guys,

I am new here, so don't know if this is the best post to ask this, if not please place this post in the forum it belongs and my apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

I am trying to buy a PS4 console, but the cost in India is quite steep when compared to the USA. I have a friend in US but he can't get it due to the extra weight, so I have a few questions and would really be thankful if anyone can please answer them:

1. Is there are any good service which can get the console couriered to India and wont get taxed customs and make the amount literally double? I read about a couple of them here on this site, however they were very mixed reactions :(

2. Are there any other reliable websites from which I can procure the console directly with marginal shipping charges, etc?
3. Are there any reliable guys in Mumbai selling the console at a reasonable price, most Indian sites are selling it at 38-39k, the lowest I have seen is 36-37k for just the console. And as i plan on buying an extra controller and some games with the console the bill would reach an astronomical 50k, which is not in my budget at all.

4. The best cost I got from the lamington guys is 31k without warranty over the phone, may be in person that amount can be reduced. Should i get this deal?

The console I would be importing wouldn't have India warranty right?

If some one could please help me in buying the ps4 at the best rates, i would be indebted to you for life.

Thanks!!

rahul vyas

rahul vyas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • XBL GT:rahulninja
  • PSN ID:rahulninja
  • Now Playing:AC ROUGE,COD AW

@ g4m3r 

you can get from snapdeal or amazon sometimes they give you in 35K with indian warranty console. So instead of purchasing US Version I think buying indian version is better as you will get 1 year warranty.

TheHitman

TheHitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • PSN ID:slayer1811

Hi Guys,

I am new here, so don't know if this is the best post to ask this, if not please place this post in the forum it belongs and my apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

I am trying to buy a PS4 console, but the cost in India is quite steep when compared to the USA. I have a friend in US but he can't get it due to the extra weight, so I have a few questions and would really be thankful if anyone can please answer them:

1. Is there are any good service which can get the console couriered to India and wont get taxed customs and make the amount literally double? I read about a couple of them here on this site, however they were very mixed reactions :(

2. Are there any other reliable websites from which I can procure the console directly with marginal shipping charges, etc?
3. Are there any reliable guys in Mumbai selling the console at a reasonable price, most Indian sites are selling it at 38-39k, the lowest I have seen is 36-37k for just the console. And as i plan on buying an extra controller and some games with the console the bill would reach an astronomical 50k, which is not in my budget at all.

4. The best cost I got from the lamington guys is 31k without warranty over the phone, may be in person that amount can be reduced. Should i get this deal?

If some one could please help me in buying the ps4 at the best rates, i would be indebted to you for life.

Thanks!!

1. There isn't any legal service which allows you to import anything without paying custom charges. Customs for a video games console is around 30-35%.

2. Again, the cost of importing a console is not worth the hassle. The 4-5k price difference is worth it for warranty.

3. Buy it used then. There were a couple of deals in the forums itself where a PS4 with warranty was sold for under 30k.

4. 31k without warranty is too high when you can get it for around 35k with warranty. Look around. You should be able to source it for lesser.

If you buy a console with Indian warranty, you're pretty much set for 3 years. After the 1st year if the console conks off, Sony will give you a 50% discount on a new console.

My advice: If you can ask someone to get the console for you then it's a good deal. Shipping it to India will prove too expensive because of customs and shipping costs.

Buy it used from the forums. Make sure it has Indian warranty. Worst case scenario, get it from Dubai. You won't be eligible for the Indian warranty but atleast that 3 year warranty thing will be applicable since it's a PAL console.

Madmage

Madmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts
  • PSN ID:darahu83 psn india

Hi Guys,

Thanks!!

There is one on sale on the forums for 30k i think. It has warranty too, indian ps4 bought in november. Good deal IMO

Posted Image

kanu0009

kanu0009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • PSN ID:zabi0123
  • Steam:kanu0009
  • Now Playing:DBC

I was looking to buy XBOX ONE from Ebay.com and i have read it and wanted to be confirmed.So if i get it in another box and mark it as a gift,will it get through customs without facing any import charges.

Edited by kanu0009, 30 January 2015 - 11:39 PM.

NightTroller

NightTroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • XBL GT:WrigglyPlum46
  • PSN ID:xbx360patron
  • Now Playing:Uncharted 3

Legally in India you are allowed to have duty free imports of anything which has a value of less then 10,000 INR but the safest way to do it is get it marked as a gift because in Mumbai it seems the guys are smart and they may harass you but if you have the brians just show the guy you know the rules and honestly you should be able to get your stuff legally.

Is this threshold of 10K still valid? Also is this only valid for GIFTs?

Edited by NightTroller, 17 March 2015 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users