Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

EA obtains exclusive rights to Star Wars

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Joe Cool

Joe Cool

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,777 posts
  • Now Playing:SKYRIM

The Walt Disney Company and Electronic Arts have signed a multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to develop and publish Star Wars games.

Deal will bring new Star Wars games to fans across the most popular gaming genres and platforms

The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced a new multi-year exclusive licensing agreement to develop and publish globally new games based on Star Wars characters and storylines.

Under the agreement, EA will develop and publish new Star Wars titles for a core gaming audience, spanning all interactive platforms and the most popular game genres, while Disney will retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories.

“This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come,” said John Pleasants, Co-President of Disney Interactive. “Collaborating with one of the world’s premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to our fans around the world.”

“Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe,” said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. “Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. DICE and Visceral will produce new games, joining the BioWare team which continues to develop for the Star Wars franchise. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay.”

Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

GO EA. GO FROSTBITE 3. GO KOTOR3. GO BATTLEFRONT III. GO GO GO!

Edited by Joe Cool, 07 May 2013 - 02:07 AM.

IVGSIG.gif

This one's a favorite of mine. A legend we all know and love...

GOTY 2014: Divinity: Original Sin | RPG enthusiast | TES Legendary 2825 hours | LOST | DW | <3 VALVE | Bethesda | WELTMEISTER Deutschland ★★★★

AK77

AK77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Now Playing:Steam Trading Cards

Dice making a Battlefront game on frostbite engine would be awesome.

Visceral as well? That's sweet.

Edited by AK77, 07 May 2013 - 02:07 AM.

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts
  • Steam:ALPHA17I
  • Now Playing:FTL / BattleField 4

I want Obsidian to get cracking on KOTOR III, now. 

DO it, EA.

28662570.jpg

Edited by ALPHA17, 07 May 2013 - 02:16 AM.

In umbris sum aeternam,

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • PSN ID:SweetPoisonDG
  • Steam:satyanjoy
  • Now Playing:Marvel Heroes

With Talent like Bioware and Dice, I will say not bad.

Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC Blue WD10EZEX 1TB | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB | Merc Stealth | Logitech G930 | Logitech MX518 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Xbox360 Controller | Win8 Pro | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Origin id - SatyaDG Steam Trading Cards -- "Valve made a game in buying game"

fs_overall.png

AK77

AK77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Now Playing:Steam Trading Cards

Now that MOH is dead, Battlefront might fulfill EA's requirement of yearly FPS release. Good going EA.

4r8aiw.jpg

Edited by AK77, 07 May 2013 - 02:59 AM.

lightUTSaber

lightUTSaber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
I see micro transactions for force points .
Brainfart dlc likea the one. Ds3
Amazing endings like mass effect

MoonStruckHorrors

MoonStruckHorrors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Steam:MoonStruckHorrors
  • Now Playing:Frozen Synapse

Star Wars: Jedi Knight anyone?

Nikhil_07n.gif

You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children.

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,538 posts

OMG BATTLEFRONT PL0X :wOOtjumpy:

If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

With Multi-player please. And bring in Raven to do it. 

In umbris sum aeternam,

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

hell yeah

Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC Blue WD10EZEX 1TB | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB | Merc Stealth | Logitech G930 | Logitech MX518 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Xbox360 Controller | Win8 Pro | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Origin id - SatyaDG Steam Trading Cards -- "Valve made a game in buying game"

fs_overall.png

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

With Multi-player please. And bring in Raven to do it. 

part of Activision, you really want activision in the helms on starwars ??

fs_overall.png

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

part of Activision, you really want activision in the helms on starwars ??

Raven Soft did the last iteration of the Jedi Knight games, they are the best bet in my opinion. 

In umbris sum aeternam,

Snake

Snake

Codename? All the babes call me "Boo Boo"..

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,293 posts
  • PSN ID:Super_Snake87
  • Steam:solidsnake_87
  • Now Playing:Sleeping Dogs, CS:GO

Can I have Republic Commando 2 please?

Edited by Snake, 07 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Trolled an admin. Lived to tell the tale.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar.hitman
Always online drm please

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | MSI Cyclone 6850 PE/OC 1 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4
ambar_hitman.png

Sackboy

Sackboy

Capcom sucks donkey balls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
  • PSN ID:MikeKudoS
  • Steam:mikejumba
Can this mean that 1313 lives ..

Aftrunner

Aftrunner

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,738 posts
  • XBL GT:DecadentMercy
  • PSN ID:EbullientPrism
  • Steam:Aftrunner
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls

I am ok with this. 

Lets face it, Bioware will be terrified of doing another Tortanic so most likely we will get another KotoR. And Dice and Visceral are both solid developers. Hopefully we get good games out of this. 

Can I have Republic Command 2 please?

Good man.

Perhaps the world is not made. Perhaps nothing is made. A clock without a craftsman. It's too late. Always has been, always will be.....too late.

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Raven Soft did the last iteration of the Jedi Knight games, they are the best bet in my opinion. 

they did solid work, but I also want to see some new spin in the whole starwars jedi knight series

fs_overall.png

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

they did solid work, but I also want to see some new spin in the whole starwars jedi knight series

Who would you like to see in their stead? 

In umbris sum aeternam,

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Who would you like to see in their stead? 

The guys from 38 Studios (Kingdom of Amalur). Kingdom of Amalur have the right mix of action of RPG, the game work so seamlessly in both gamepad and keyboard that just playing the is so much of fun. The only thing I don't like of KOA is the art style, give me gritty  witcher like art style with KOA gameplay in the jedi knight series

fs_overall.png

Razpor

Razpor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • XBL GT:razpor
  • PSN ID:razpor,razpor-us
How did i miss this :panic:
Things only start where you stop.
Posted Image

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

The guys from 38 Studios (Kingdom of Amalur). Kingdom of Amalur have the right mix of action of RPG, the game work so seamlessly in both gamepad and keyboard that just playing the is so much of fun. The only thing I don't like of KOA is the art style, give me gritty  witcher like art style with KOA gameplay in the jedi knight series

38 Studios has gone under, if I recall correctly. So we won't be seeing them anytime soon. 

Another studio that comes to mind is VIGIL but those guys are fragmented too after ThQ went under. 

STAR WARS 1313 was going to be the gritty take on the franchise, looked mildly interesting too; being based on majorly on the crime-haven of Nar Shaddaa (instead of Inner Rim planets) and you playing as a bounty hunter / smuggler / rouge-like personality. 

Obsidian comes to mind but they would do a RPG in the vein of KoTOR II. 

Anyway, hoping for something exciting to be thrown up and not bound by EA's commerce-heavy machinations. 

In umbris sum aeternam,

kemosabe

kemosabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

38 Studios has gone under, if I recall correctly. So we won't be seeing them anytime soon. 

Another studio that comes to mind is VIGIL but those guys are fragmented too after ThQ went under. 

STAR WARS 1313 was going to be the gritty take on the franchise, looked mildly interesting too; being based on majorly on the crime-haven of Nar Shaddaa (instead of Inner Rim planets) and you playing as a bounty hunter / smuggler / rouge-like personality. 

Obsidian comes to mind but they would do a RPG in the vein of KoTOR II. 

Anyway, hoping for something exciting to be thrown up and not bound by EA's commerce-heavy machinations. 

yeah, it just my pipe dream. Anyway good news is we will get continuous starwars games now onwards. Damn why  the hell Lucas Arts were sleeping for so many years, people are demanding Kotor 3 for so many years still they are pondering

fs_overall.png

Snake

Snake

Codename? All the babes call me "Boo Boo"..

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,293 posts
  • PSN ID:Super_Snake87
  • Steam:solidsnake_87
  • Now Playing:Sleeping Dogs, CS:GO
Good man.

KSKn4.gif

Posted Image

ALPHA17

ALPHA17

Alpha Doge

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

yeah, it just my pipe dream. Anyway good news is we will get continuous starwars games now onwards. Damn why  the hell Lucas Arts were sleeping for so many years, people are demanding Kotor 3 for so many years still they are pondering

It was an internal call that all KoTOR related story was to be taken over by comic / novella anthologies followed by the TOR MMO. We all know how that turned out. 

Maybe now we can have hopes of Obsidian bringing back KoTOR III. No I don't want BIOWARE to do it. 

I doubt we will see Republic Commando II, we might see Imperial Commando as a follow up or maybe what happened to Kal Skirata and the Null / Omega Squad members who went into hiding with him. 

Edited by ALPHA17, 07 May 2013 - 07:21 PM.

In umbris sum aeternam,

Heaven Angel

Heaven Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • PSN ID:Heaven_Angel52
  • Now Playing:TLOUR / Diablo

686476.png

'Drake'

'Drake'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • PSN ID:kpsingh565
  • Now Playing:gta:4 CE

?????

Posted Image

Joe Cool

Joe Cool

Die Weltmeister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,777 posts
  • Now Playing:SKYRIM

^^STAR WARS 1313

IVGSIG.gif

This one's a favorite of mine. A legend we all know and love...

GOTY 2014: Divinity: Original Sin | RPG enthusiast | TES Legendary 2825 hours | LOST | DW | <3 VALVE | Bethesda | WELTMEISTER Deutschland ★★★★

Heaven Angel

Heaven Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • PSN ID:Heaven_Angel52
  • Now Playing:TLOUR / Diablo

?????

Star Wars 1313 man, abandoned by LucasArts beeches 

686476.png

Solitaire

Solitaire

he only wins EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,538 posts

Awwww yeeaaahhh... the Rainbow Six of the Star Wars world. Though I wouldn't want to be playing as the emperor's goon squad considering what happened in the last one.

If God comes up with a contest, win it and i will spare the world in 2012, we will let Solitaire take part in it, rest assured we are safe.

'Drake'

'Drake'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • PSN ID:kpsingh565
  • Now Playing:gta:4 CE

Star Wars 1313 man, abandoned by LucasArts beeches 

okkkk.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users