Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS3 FAQ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

Zeehunter

Zeehunter

Xbot in training

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • XBL GT:Zeeshan360
  • Steam:zeehunter
What is the cost of the Cheapest PS3 model ?? :fear:
Don't want a move bundle

sharat

sharat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Now Playing:Tomb Raider 3
16500 for 160 gb model on buytheprice.com

What is the cost of the Cheapest PS3 model ?? :fear:
Don't want a move bundle

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • PSN ID:ganeshran
  • Now Playing:Red Dead Redemption
Noob question. What are online codes for games?

is it to play games on psn? Once used, do they get tied to a particular console?
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Happily married to his Xbox One.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • XBL GT:ambarhitman
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar_hitman

Noob question. What are online codes for games?

is it to play games on psn? Once used, do they get tied to a particular console?

Online codes means unless you redeem that code on your PSN account, you can't play game Online. For example, WWE 12 has got Online Pass. Unless you redeem that Online pass, you can only play game offline.

And they get tied to a particular PSN account, and then PS3. Once you download and install the Online Pass (usually a 100kb download), you can play that game Online on any PSN account on your PS3. Same goes with DLC codes. Once you redeem/purchase DLC on one PSN account, all other accounts on your PS3 can use it for that game.

Only GT5 found a way to restrict DLC to an account AFAIK.

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4| Xbox One
ambar_hitman.png

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Online codes means unless you redeem that code on your PSN account, you can't play game Online. For example, WWE 12 has got Online Pass. Unless you redeem that Online pass, you can only play game offline.

And they get tied to a particular PSN account, and then PS3. Once you download and install the Online Pass (usually a 100kb download), you can play that game Online on any PSN account on your PS3. Same goes with DLC codes. Once you redeem/purchase DLC on one PSN account, all other accounts on your PS3 can use it for that game.

Only GT5 found a way to restrict DLC to an account AFAIK.

Thanks dude, that cleared my doubt .
Posted Image

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
One more noob doubt. :helpsmilie:

Is it possible to install games from the disk on PS3? So the games run from the HDD and not the disk itself. Even if the presence of the disk is required in the console, this will help protect the game from scratches right?
Posted Image

Big Boss

Big Boss

Happily married to his Xbox One.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • XBL GT:ambarhitman
  • PSN ID:ambar_hitman
  • Steam:ambar_hitman
^No, only a part of game is installed and that is mandatory install. Also, Bluray data is huge, even if it is somehow allowed to install whole game, you wont like that. KZ3 is 45 GB of data, UC2 is around 25 GB IIRC.

Even if the presence of the disk is required in the console, this will help protect the game from scratches right?

Blu Ray disks are extremely scratch resistant, it is very difficult to scratch a BR, unless you scratch it with a key or something. So dont worry.
  • ganeshran likes this

Gaming Hardware I own: AMD Phenom II 1055T | GIGABYTE 880M D2H | CM Hyper TX3 EVOMSI R9 280 GAMING 3 GB DDR5| Seagate Barracuda 1 TB | Corsair 8 GB 1600 Mhz | Corsair CX 500 V2| CM Elite 371| HP DV6 1211AX| PS1| PS2| PSP| PS3| Xbox 360| PS4| Xbox One
ambar_hitman.png

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

^No, only a part of game is installed and that is mandatory install. Also, Bluray data is huge, even if it is somehow allowed to install whole game, you wont like that. KZ3 is 45 GB of data, UC2 is around 25 GB IIRC.

Blu Ray disks are extremely scratch resistant, it is very difficult to scratch a BR, unless you scratch it with a key or something. So dont worry.

Thanks.. Good to know that BR disks are scratch resistant. :coolspeak:
Posted Image

LeonardoInventions

LeonardoInventions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • PSN ID:Toxotes47
  • Steam:Codex_Hunter
Hi. Can anyone tell me how to access internet on ps3 via a USB dongle??

JqVm7W9.png

Nemo

Nemo

Swings both ways :-D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,005 posts
i dont think we can, can we ? even i want to know.

'Pranay

'Pranay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • PSN ID:black_swordsman1
  • Steam:blackswordsman
Their is a way i think
Posted Image

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Its me again :D :ban:

1.) If we connect the PS3 to an LCD/LED monitor, how to get the sound?

2.) Is it better to let the disk inside the console at all times or to put it only while playing.

Edited by ganeshran, 07 May 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

Iceman™

Iceman™

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • XBL GT:Ruzinvincible
  • PSN ID:Ruzinvincible
  • Steam:Ruzinvincible
  • Now Playing:Gran Turismo 6

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to access internet on ps3 via a USB dongle??

I play MP games with the internet dongle
You need a laptop, ethernet cord and windows 7 or XP installed on your laptop
you need to allow the laptop to share the internet or
You can use connectify and share via wifi , wifi is good for downloading but the MP lags over wifi :thumbsup:

When Fernando Alonso says he is “rather pleased” it usually means “Look out, here I come!”

My GTPlanet Official Racing Stats

LeonardoInventions

LeonardoInventions

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • PSN ID:Toxotes47
  • Steam:Codex_Hunter

I play MP games with the internet dongle
You need a laptop, ethernet cord and windows 7 or XP installed on your laptop
you need to allow the laptop to share the internet or
You can use connectify and share via wifi , wifi is good for downloading but the MP lags over wifi :thumbsup:

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Do I have to adjust any settings in ps3 as well or will it automatically recognize the connection?

JqVm7W9.png

Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  • PSN ID:PhenomenalIAm
  • Steam:Ph3_N0M
  • Now Playing:Ni No Kuni

Its me again :D :ban:

1.) If we connect the PS3 to an LCD/LED monitor, how to get the sound?

2.) Is it better to let the disk inside the console at all times or to put it only while playing.

You can connect to the monitor via HDMI cable, and can connect to external speakers directly via PS3's composite cables. Then, you just need to select 'composite' from the sound output settings on the PS3. You'll also need the following if your speakers don't directly accept composite cables:
http://www.ebay.in/i...=item3cc5d5af17
  • ganeshran likes this
352j70k.jpg<p>My all time favorite wrestlers: #1 - AJ Styles, #2 - Chris Jericho, #3 - Raven, #4 - Kurt Angle, #5 - Shawn Michaels

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

You can connect to the monitor via HDMI cable, and can connect to external speakers directly via PS3's composite cables. Then, you just need to select 'composite' from the sound output settings on the PS3. You'll also need the following if your speakers don't directly accept composite cables:
http://www.ebay.in/i...=item3cc5d5af17

Cool :thumbsup:

Any recommendations for inexpensive speakers?
Posted Image

Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
^ Right now, I am using a speaker like this:
http://www.ebay.in/i...=item4164b97f7e

It really does its job well for my small hostel room, however you may want to spend more if you have a bigger playing area.
  • ganeshran likes this
352j70k.jpg<p>My all time favorite wrestlers: #1 - AJ Styles, #2 - Chris Jericho, #3 - Raven, #4 - Kurt Angle, #5 - Shawn Michaels

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I paired my Bluetooth headset with the ps3. It detected and I also changed the options to make it use the Dell-BH200 instead of the System Default device.

Still sound comes out of TV and not the headset. I searched all over, but there is no other option to make the default audio device the headset rather than the TV. Any suggestions?

Edited by ganeshran, 09 May 2012 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Is it possible to buy online pass separately for games that you buy here? How much would it cost approx for FIFA 12?
Posted Image

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Yesterday my UC3 hanged while playing. The controllers stopped responding and no button including the PS button worked.

After pressing the power button directly, the system shut down and I was able to play normally after restart. Is this something to be worried about? :helpsmilie:
Posted Image

thedarkrider

thedarkrider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • XBL GT:Actuatedfan09
  • PSN ID:prophet_4ever
  • Steam:thedarkrider2
  • Now Playing:JB:Bloodstone

Is it possible to buy online pass separately for games that you buy here? How much would it cost approx for FIFA 12?

yes u can use a credit card for buying onl9 pass for games at 10$...

fs_overall.png

Ph3N0M

Ph3N0M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

I paired my Bluetooth headset with the ps3. It detected and I also changed the options to make it use the Dell-BH200 instead of the System Default device.

Still sound comes out of TV and not the headset. I searched all over, but there is no other option to make the default audio device the headset rather than the TV. Any suggestions?

Headset only works for communicating while in multiplayer, unless it is the official sony wireless surround sound headset.

Yesterday my UC3 hanged while playing. The controllers stopped responding and no button including the PS button worked.

After pressing the power button directly, the system shut down and I was able to play normally after restart. Is this something to be worried about? :helpsmilie:

UC3 has many known issues. Don't worry too much. Just try to keep your system as cool and dust-free as possible. f**k-ups like these tend to occur occasionally.

ganeshran

ganeshran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

yes u can use a credit card for buying onl9 pass for games at 10$...

Cool.. 10$ is a bit steep but alteast there is a way to play online for the newer games.

Headset only works for communicating while in multiplayer, unless it is the official sony wireless surround sound headset.

Ya I searched online and another user also posted this suggesting to use a headset which accepts composite cable input or a converter between 3.5mm and RCA cables.

UC3 has many known issues. Don't worry too much. Just try to keep your system as cool and dust-free as possible. f**k-ups like these tend to occur occasionally.

Cool. I was a bit concerned if it was a power supply issue but the console seems running fine now. Like you said, it most probably was an issue with the game itself.
Posted Image

Iceman™

Iceman™

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Do I have to adjust any settings in ps3 as well or will it automatically recognize the connection?

you need to just select wired connection in custom settings thats it

When Fernando Alonso says he is “rather pleased” it usually means “Look out, here I come!”

egg man

egg man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • PSN ID:captain_crime89
  • Now Playing:Max payne 3
Is there a way to watch youtube videos with a resolution better than 240p? :-S

3713172419.png

Iceman™

Iceman™

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
these days youtube videos come in a resolution above 480p :mellow:

AtheK

AtheK

RESIDENT KRATOS

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,283 posts
  • XBL GT:Athek Is Here
  • PSN ID:AtheK_
  • Steam:athek
it adjusts as per your bandwidth.
ChillaX

egg man

egg man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • PSN ID:captain_crime89
  • Now Playing:Max payne 3

it adjusts as per your bandwidth.

I have a 10mbps connection and I watch 720p video all the time on my laptop. But PS3 is locked to 240p , both in XL and the web version of youtube. :(

3713172419.png

AtheK

AtheK

RESIDENT KRATOS

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,283 posts
  • XBL GT:Athek Is Here
  • PSN ID:AtheK_
  • Steam:athek
ps3 sux
ChillaX