Microsoft Studios acquires rights to Gears of War franchise

WMWM

Microsoft Studios acquires rights to Gears of War franchise

gowlogo1020x540.jpg?h=498&w=940

Today we're excited to announce that Microsoft Studios has acquired the rights to the “Gears of War” franchise from Epic Games, including rights to all existing and future games, entertainment experiences and merchandise. In addition, we are excited to announce that Black Tusk Studios in Vancouver, BC will take over development of the “Gears of War” franchise and that Rod Fergusson, former Director of Production at Epic Games on the “Gears of War” franchise, will join Microsoft and play a key studio leadership role at Black Tusk on the development of the franchise going forward. We had a chance to chat with Phil Spencer, Head of Microsoft Studios, Hanno Lemke, General Manager of Black Tusk Studios at Microsoft Studios, and Rod Fergusson about the big news.

source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-microsoft-studios-gears-of-war

:O Awesome plus Rod Ferguesson is also back.... :D

Black Tusk is also working on a new AAA game for Xbone..Some stealth action game...

This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXsJdTJQIFA

Black Tusk working on 4 new IPS

http://www.shacknews.com/article/77683/black-tusk-studios-working-on-four-microsoft-ips

I also think that Epic is done as a game developer....They just want concentrate on small indie and f2p stuff now.... :|..We will never see a new Bulletstorm or UT game now :(

Franchise has been downhill since Gears 2. Another game or two and its gonna be totally irrelevant.

But they brought it back to the top with Gears 3 :D

After the disaster jhandment was, I am not even remotely interested

That was made by People Can Fly....Only M.P was developed by Epic...

Will Black tusk use their own engine or U.E 4 for Next Gears.....? :scratchchin:

Yeah, that is good news!! Personally I would like to see a new gears game with the dark gritty atmosphere of Gears 1. It was the best gears.

Ya i want complete reboot with new characters nd all....Complete fresh take on the series....

I read somewhere that former SSM and GG guys are working at Black Tusk ...Which is not good imo :|

Anyway, let's wait and watch....NextGears is not coming out any soon...We will get it by 2016 i think..lol..tab ka tab dekhengey... :lol:

Now, let PSfanboys bash Gears for few hours :P

:O Awesome plus Rod Ferguesson is also back.... :D

Black Tusk is also working on a new AAA game for Xbone..Some stealth action game...

This one

Nope

Microsoft Studios vice president Phil Spencer tells Polygon that that the trailer Black Tusk created for E3 2013 was a “concept piece” and not an in-development game. The demo was created in Unreal Engine, but it was not planned despite the already ongoing conversations between Epic and Microsoft.

Archived