Xbox 360 Emulation Is Coming Along Well, Says Dev Team

WhiteWolf

Since the Xbox One doesn't allow you play your old Xbox 360 games since it lacks backwards compatibility, you may be able to find an alternative in a Steam Machine. Yep, PCs may be running old (and new) Xbox 360 games sooner than the Xbox One.

According to the lead developer on the Xbox 360 xenia project has recently made some promising comments about emulating the seventh generation console from Microsoft, noting on a hacker's thread [via Reddit]...

Author here. Yeah, the readme is meant to scare off people. Even with it I still get people on IRC or email asking me if they can play game X or where they can get a copy. The note about no downloads is for all those who download 360 emulators from shady YouTube links and such - there's a surprising number of fakes packed with malware and viruses floating around.

“Status of the project is that it's coming along well, after a long period of inactivity. Many games get to title screens though don't draw much. I'm really hoping AMD gets its sh*t together and releases Mantle soon, as that will make emulating the GPU related things significantly easier.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-360-Emulation-Coming-Along-Says-Dev-Team-61881.html

lol we probably will need a top end PC for this, if it ever happens. You can buy like 5 xbox 360s in the cost of PC need for a good Xbox 360 emulation.

you mean to say brand new xbox360 games right ?

5 x 3000= 15000

I think we will need a pc worth 40-50k to run the game

There still isn't a stable ps2 emulation available, how in the world are they gonna emulate 360?

You haven't tried PCSX2 have you? It has come a long way since it's early days.

you mean to say brand new xbox360 games right ?

5 x 3000= 15000

I think we will need a pc worth 40-50k to run the game

I meant consoles. We will need a PC worth 1-1.5 lacs. I have a PC worth 40k, it is good enough for PS2 emulation. BTW they couldn't even emulate Xbox 1 properly, forget about 360 :lol:

I meant consoles. We will need a PC worth 1-1.5 lacs. I have a PC worth 40k, it is good enough for PS2 emulation. BTW they couldn't even emulate Xbox 1 properly, forget about 360 :lol:

I think the lack of xbox original emulator is due to interest/demand - due to less number interesting exclusive in compare to ps2. BTW PCSX2 has huge list of compatible games. PS3 has the most complicated architecture and I think thats why there is no working emulator despite having a dozens of must play games. But PS4 and Xbox1 are PC with amd hardware with strip down OS. It will be easier for modder to emulate ps4/xbox1 under a standard pc environment. link

PCSX2.The reason some noobs think that God of War games are released for PC too :rofl:

This has been happening for a looong time actually. I remember back in the day , most stores that sold pirated stuff would sell PS1 exclusives on PC. The disc would basically have an image of the game + Virtual drive software + emulator. All in the "Crack" folder of course :P

No doubt they are still continuing the trend with PS2 games too.

Archived