Mortal Kombat X

Shadoken

My first opponent played about as well as my dog.

Maximum of 4 matches today. I'll update you guys how it goes as I complete matches.

I'll try to get grand finals recorded somehow. Maybe using mobile.

Here is a picture of me at the venue:

axmgav.jpg

My first opponent played about as well as my dog.

Maximum of 4 matches today. I'll update you guys how it goes as I complete matches.

Ask someone to record it for you using mobile or something :P

thanks for the upload... must have been hard keeping hands steady for long

You see that part when the video suddenly cuts off, thats when he started using his legs :P

That was a pretty good match , it had a few hiccups in the middle for both the players losing balance but was ultimately very entertaining and hype. Congrats to the winner Abhinav , All the best for the finals in Paris. Here is my overview on that game.

We only got to see the last round of the first game from that video , but it seemed like Kung Jin got off to a good start. He did a pretty good job at punishing Ermac's aerial approach with his Neutral Jump(NJ) Fierce Punch , Followed by two other solid reads at Ermac trying to jump away from the corner and the second time with him trying to use an EX reversal.

I felt like this was a very bad move on Shivas(Ermac) part to be so very desperate to get out of pressure. His moves were already read twice , why risk it again? Just play defensive and block eating a throw is a lot better than a huge combo. Having played with him earlier in tourneys this is one big weakness , he tends to choke a bit when you break his pacing everything begins to fall apart. The 2nd and 3rd game you can see him getting some of his composure back and adapting a lot better to Dive kicks and Neutral Jump Hits. He was able to stay out of range and punish but was dropping combos left right and center.

This is the most important part of tourneys. When the game doesn't go according to your pace , Everything begins to fall apart , you drop combos and you dont punish moves that you really should be punishing. Recovering from this change in the games pace and bringing it back is the hardest aspect of playing fighter competitively. You just cant let the opponent steamroll you when you are off balance.

It wasn't until the 4th match that the game went according to his pace. Awesome punish for the NJ Punch with FK->Lift and its follow up. Its now Kung Jin who is who isn't able to find a good opening to start his offense , just tons of blocked Dive kicks. Even when he was able to get something going Ermac was able to get out with ease. This is the part of the tourney where stream casters go "Download Complete". After several dominating rounds and one where he got 3 throws in a row , that was quite entertaining lol. But there is only so much you can go with that momentum , his offense was getting predictable and some of his decisions were just too "yolo" since he was just a few hits from winning the entire set. He just got caught up in his wining streak and Abhinav was able to catch on to that. He got some really good reads on some very obvious escapes with the EX Teleport. There were also way too many Ex Teleports to escape from pressure in general , Kung Jin wasnt doing a big damage to punish it . But all those low damage punishes eventually add up.

Overall Abhinav did a pretty good job to stop the momentum Shiva had after adapting. And shiva needed to adapt much faster , its hard to recover against such huge lead.

That was a pretty good match , it had a few hiccups in the middle for both the players losing balance but was ultimately very entertaining and hype. Congrats to the winner Abhinav , All the best for the finals in Paris. Here is my overview on that game.

We only got to see the last round of the first game from that video , but it seemed like Kung Jin got off to a good start. He did a pretty good job at punishing Ermac's aerial approach with his Neutral Jump(NJ) Fierce Punch , Followed by two other solid reads at Ermac trying to jump away from the corner and the second time with him trying to use an EX reversal.

I felt like this was a very bad move on Shivas(Ermac) part to be so very desperate to get out of pressure. His moves were already read twice , why risk it again? Just play defensive and block eating a throw is a lot better than a huge combo. Having played with him earlier in tourneys this is one big weakness , he tends to choke a bit when you break his pacing everything begins to fall apart. The 2nd and 3rd game you can see him getting some of his composure back and adapting a lot better to Dive kicks and Neutral Jump Hits. He was able to stay out of range and punish but was dropping combos left right and center.

This is the most important part of tourneys. When the game doesn't go according to your pace , Everything begins to fall apart , you drop combos and you dont punish moves that you really should be punishing. Recovering from this change in the games pace and bringing it back is the hardest aspect of playing fighter competitively. You just cant let the opponent steamroll you when you are off balance.

It wasn't until the 4th match that the game went according to his pace. Awesome punish for the NJ Punch with FK->Lift and its follow up. Its now Kung Jin who is who isn't able to find a good opening to start his offense , just tons of blocked Dive kicks. Even when he was able to get something going Ermac was able to get out with ease. This is the part of the tourney where stream casters go "Download Complete". After several dominating rounds and one where he got 3 throws in a row , that was quite entertaining lol. But there is only so much you can go with that momentum , his offense was getting predictable and some of his decisions were just too "yolo" since he was just a few hits from winning the entire set. He just got caught up in his wining streak and Abhinav was able to catch on to that. He got some really good reads on some very obvious escapes with the EX Teleport. There were also way too many Ex Teleports to escape from pressure in general , Kung Jin wasnt doing a big damage to punish it . But all those low damage punishes eventually add up.

Overall Abhinav did a pretty good job to stop the momentum Shiva had after adapting. And shiva needed to adapt much faster , its hard to recover against such huge lead.

Considering he dropped so many combos .. he did put up a good fight :P

Looking back at my match footage, I feel that there's a lot I need to learn about fundamentals and whiff punishing.

Overall, my first tournament was definitely a good experience, and hopefully this is a start for the Indian FGC.

, and hopefully this is a start for the Indian FGC.

This is how it always starts. Then nobody plays ever again. Big launch tourney then the scrubs go back to angry birds or w/e. Happened when mk9, sf4,ssf4, injustice released.

Although now there's a bigger community since usf4 is on pc. Who knows maybe ppl won't stop playing after a month or so.

Looking back at my match footage, I feel that there's a lot I need to learn about fundamentals and whiff punishing.

Overall, my first tournament was definitely a good experience

Saw your match. You need to reduce your aggressiveness a little , There were times when even though you had the lead you did too many risky stuff which wasnt needed.

That NJ FP looks annoying as hell too , lack of Dash Block in this game makes it so hard to deal with its range.

I've noticed Streaming games actually helps reduce tourney jitters. People just play differently when others are watching.

Mortal Kombat X patches coming to improve online play, 'huge improvements' on PC

Developer NetherRealm Studios said it will release updates for Mortal Kombat X that will address some issues related to the game's online performance and offer "huge improvements" for the PC version. During a livestream today, Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon said that NetherRealm continues to work on the networking code performance for Mortal Kombat X, stressing that "there's no way we consider ourselves content" with how well it plays online.

"We are constantly working on the online, [that] back and forth," Boon said. "We've taken steps to improve on it. It's certainly better than where we were at launch, but by no means do we feel like we're at where we want or need to be."

One improvement to the online experience NetherRealm plans to roll out soon is the option to back out of an online match if you and your opponent don't have a good connection. Players will be able to set a connection threshold, and have the option to search for a new opponent if they get matched up with someone with a poor connection. Boon said the developer will release an update that will "dramatically speed up the time" it takes to download the game's living towers, faction page and leaderboards on PlayStation 4. The update is due "any day now," he said. The Windows PC version, which was developed with High Voltage Software and has reportedly been plagued with issues since launch, will also get some "huge improvements" soon, Boon said. That version is getting a patch that "literally brings the PC version to parity with the console versions." NetherRealm also said that the Android version of Mortal Kombat X for mobile is finally on its way this week, and is scheduled for release on Tuesday, May 5 — though it may be available sometime today. The iOS version hit just before Mortal Kombat X's release on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.

Source:Polygon

Been playing it for last few hours and it is amazing !

I am liking mobile version more than the console :fear: *puts on the invisible cloak*

I'm hoping the patch solves atleast major performance issues..Online will take some time i know..

Archived