Sam Snake

I just have a week to choose between a Ps3 and a Ps4, really very confused now as i’ve never owned a Ps3 before.. Always been an avid outdated ps2 fan. Now, here it is, ps3 or ps4? I’m very eager to play the ps3 exclusives like uncharted series, red dead, AC series, GTA4 (I dislike PC gaming) & also seeing that GTA5, The Last Of Us Remastered versions along with some great amazing titles like The Divison, Unity, The Order, Far Cry, Bloodborne etc are upcoming on next gen. I’m really confused either to buy a Ps3 now and play all the exclusives until the next year or two and then go for the Ps4 or rather buy the Ps4 now, the most powerful console ever made (the games are very expensive- another con) and enjoy the best gaming experience(pro)! Also another con of the Ps4 is the media playback..
Your opinions, what would you have done?

go for a ps4 imo the games might be expensive but mostly are worth it.....and you can sell/trade them off for good prices in the trade section as ps4 games are in good demand.

whereas the ps3 games you mentioned wont have much of resale value as most ps3 owners have already played such games.......ps3 wouldnt give you much resale value an year from now as well.....

Since u have missed a whole generation its better to get a PS3..

May be even a used version..

As of now there are'nt lot of games on PS4..

So my suggestion would be to get a PS3 , play all the great games and get a PS4 after 2 years...

It all depends on the time you want to dedicate to gaming .6-7 hours a day then buy ps3 and play last gen games that u missed and as athek said buy ps4 next year

Also Depends on whether you want to play online or just SP . If online , what console do your friends have ?

Honestly speaking if i were in your place , i'd get a ps4 coz i'm not a huge fan of backlog . I want to play current games and be active in the ongoing discussions regarding those games on the forum & being able to play with friends online .

Cutting to the chase , why buy a jet ski when u can buy a speedboat . But hey , that's just me :P

Goodluck with your purchase .

Buy a ps4.With a good connection you can play ps3games on ps4 also with ps now.Come September you will regret buying a ps3 because of all games coming out which will look far superior on ps4,take watch dogs for example.

.All great series on ps3will be there on ps4 as well :) Good Luck :)

PS3. Go second hand. No brainer. A good number of exclusives can be found for 400 - 600. Also get PS+ - you can get a good number of games for free. The PS3 games have to be ported to the PS4 and it is pretty unlikely that this will happen at this stage of the PS4 cycle.

Wait for a year for PS4 to have price drop or at least a model refresh. Even if you buy a PS4 - the number of games that are must buy for it are few and even those few will be at nearly full price.

However as others have pointed out - your PS3 will have pretty poor resale value if you plan to sell it later.

Thanks a ton for the responses guys..really got me thinkin, its a hell of a dillemma you see. Well, the part of buying the console isn't a biggie, i can either get a ps4 or ps3, the games on the 4 are hell expensive but totally worth it. And as some of you pointed out..the resale value, its low for a Ps3.

The only thing they've said abt ps now is that it'll be out in US and Canada on July 31st, Still no idea when it'll hit Asia(India) or even Europe. A few more pros and cons would help...Cheers!!

Krypton_02 - Yeah i guess i'll be spending 4-5 Hours daily..and im more of a single player guy..All my friends own a ps3 itself.

I would love to standout of the bunch with a ps4, but sadly it has it own Cons. Do you think games like LA Noire, SC Blacklist and Hitman Absolution will be on the PSNow? I'm a huge huge fan of the Splinter Cell and Hitman franchisees!!

If your friends have PS3, then you can borrow games from them. So it is a win win situation from a financial point of view.

The reason to get a PS4 is if you have money and want to have the latest system. You will not regret buying a PS4 if you plan to own it for the entire duration of its cycle. But if you are someone who is not that into gaming, you may want to think a bit harder.

For e.g in my case I know I am going to buy a PS4 - I just want the market to become a bit more bigger so that I can get the games for cheap. I don't sell my games so it is somewhat important for me to get them cheap so that I don't burn my wallet.

Get both. But get the PS3 second hand for around 10k, wait patiently for a deal. And really, if u get a PS4, 10k is the price of 2 games roughly so think like that. Sell PS3 when you are done playing your favourite titles. Even after 2 years you must get atleast 6-7k for it. PS3 games go as low as 300-500 bucks, especially the old ones. Partially new ones you can buy for around 1000 at max. Best part- sell all of them later.

So really, you being a guy who given a choice can afford a PS4 and its games should be able to buy a PS3 along with it, logically speaking. This way you dont miss the eye candy and 'in-ness' of the PS4, and the awesome game library of the PS3.

:scarerun:

Do you think games like LA Noire, SC Blacklist and Hitman Absolution will be on the PSNow? I'm a huge huge fan of the Splinter Cell and Hitman franchisees!!

PSNow in India will suck major balls. Dont even consider that as a pro or a feature.

Psnow might not land in India at least for 2 years. It requires really good internet connection also and nobody knows how much they charge for games. Its not an option to consider.

If you are planing on playing 4-5 hrs a day all your ps4 games will be finished in a week or 2. Get a ps3 and play the games you like for 6 months or so and sell it and get ps4.

Krypton_02 - Yeah i guess i'll be spending 4-5 Hours daily..and im more of a single player guy..All my friends own a ps3 itself.

I would love to standout of the bunch with a ps4,Do you think games like LA Noire, SC Blacklist and Hitman Absolution will be on the PSNow? I'm a huge huge fan of the Splinter Cell and Hitman franchisees!!

If you are planing on playing 4-5 hrs a day all your ps4 games will be finished in a week or 2. Get a ps3 and play the games you like for 6 months or so and sell it and get ps4.

Archived