IndianVideoGamer Rules and Regulations:
1. Avoid bad language and insults. Show a little respect for fellow members and their opinions.
2. Comments that offend one's religion/race/caste are prohibited and will be dealt with severely.
3. Read forum guidelines before posting and especially before starting new threads.
4. No SMS language, please. Post in English.
5. When posting game spoilers, please use spoiler or hide tags. Don't spoil it for those who are yet to play it.
6. Do not use IndianVideoGamer to advertise your website, forum, business, etc. You are free to add a link to your site in your signature, but pimping your business on the forums or via personal messages is strictly prohibited.
7. If you'd like to start a recruitment thread for your business, contact a Moderator for permission first.
8. If you find that another member is breaking any rule, inform a Moderator or Administrator, rather than involving yourself directly.
9. Do not post pornographic content or links to porn sites.
10. Don't post offensive or violent videos from Youtube or any other site.
11. Posting links to illegal downloads (warez, torrents, etc) is strictly prohibited.
12. Discussions on PSN game sharing, direct or indirect, are against the rules.
13. A moderator/administrator may lock/delete any thread if it is found to be against the rules or against IVG policies.
14. Please do not post here using two accounts. Anyone found using multiple accounts will be banned permanently.
15. Only one custom image is allowed in a member's signature. (animated gif images are not allowed)
16. Political or religious content is not allowed in avatars/signature.
Discussions on modding piracy:
15. Discussions on modding - how to do it, where to do it - are not permitted.
16. Discussions on game piracy are strictly prohibited.
17. Anyone found encouraging or enabling modding or piracy will be banned.
Trading Post Rules:
1. Any registered member can open a thread in Trading Post.
2. All items for sale/trade must have picture of the item, their name and date. This includes replying to WTB threads with items. The pics have to be posted at the time of opening of the thread. Failure to do so will result in the thread being closed immediately. Repeat offenders will be banned.
3. IndianVideoGamer is not liable for any trades or transactions. All trades are at sole risk of members.
4. 5 negative feedbacks will lead to ban from Trading Post.
5. Only one bump is allowed every two days. Violation will lead to thread being made invisible for a week. There will be NO warning. Only one bump in two days means that you can bump a thread after two days of inactivity. If the last post was on 2nd you can only bump the thread on or after 4th.
6. Thread names cannot be changed. Please take this into consideration when opening threads.
7. All threads must contain [WTB], [WTS], [FT], [FS], [WTT] in the title.
8. If there is any violation of the rules please inform a moderator / administrator.
9. Only following items can be traded in TP:
a. Original games (physical media required)
b. Original music and videos (physical media required)
c. Software (physical media required)
d. Original Video Game Console hardware and accessories (Modded hardware not allowed)
e. Computer hardware and accessories
f. XBL and PSN cards and any other digital content provided physical cards are available
g. Trading of gaming merchandise(Like T shirts, keychains, action figures and similar stuff) is allowed.
10. Sale of Promo/Review Copies is not allowed on Trading Post.
11. Strictly no trolling on TP. No posting 'good price', 'amazing thread' etc. DO NOT post unless you want to buy the item in question, Repeat offenders will be suspended for a week and later banned.
12. Do not use shout to sell your wares. Offenders will be warned and repeat offenders will be banned
13.No Differential pricing. A member cannot set two different prices for members. One price for all members
Re 1 Auctions:
1. Members are allowed to initiate auctions in the Trading Post provided bidding starts at Re. 1
2. Minimum bid increment set by seller cannot be more than Rs 50
3. Sellers are not allowed to maintain a reserve price
4. Any disputes arising out of Re. 1 auctions will be settled by IVG Moderators
1. All vendors/dealers/retailers must sell their products through the Vendors Only section only. No other section should be used for promotions/advertising.
2. Vendors who accumulate more than five negative feedbacks from members will not be allowed to operate on IVG
3. Selling pirated/modded content and other illegal items is against the rules
4. All transactions are between the vendor and the member. IVG is not responsible or liable for any issues that arise as a result of these transactions
5. Use IVG to sell your products only. Do not promote any other activities.
Games Section Rules:
Some guidelines to keep the Games sections clean:
1. Only make threads about a particular game in the Games sections. If a developer announces two games, either make two threads (one for each game) or post the news article about the announcement in the News Submission section.
2. Before starting a thread for a game, see if there is already a thread for that game by checking the "Every Game Thread In One" thread. We don't need multiple threads confusing everyone.
3. When you start the thread, the title of the thread should be the name of the game. For Example
If the name of the game is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, don't call the thread "Oblivion for download on XBL", or simply "Oblivion". The title should be the full name of the game; nothing more, nothing less ie: "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"
4. When you do start a thread, please PM a Moderator and let him know about it so that he can add it to the games list
5. Kindly add your own screenshots to the screenshot thread. Adding one or two here and there in the game thread is fine but if you wish to add multiple screens, kindly use the screenshots thread.
Note: The above rules may be changed if and when found necessary
Edited by HundredProofSam, 18 March 2015 - 03:48 PM.
Updated rules on avatar/signature content