Diablo 3

Aftrunner

i am actually torn over the real world currency to buy in game items concept. On one hand the gamer in me does not like it but looking at the shadow gold economy around WoW - it does make sense for Blizzard to acknowledge it and do something about it.

I don't like the always online thing one bit though.

I couldn't care less about the auction house. As for the "always online" thing, SC2 was more or less the same story, and I got through it without any major issues. I'm sure D3 will be great.

I am pissed over the fact that I will not be able to play online with friends from other regions. That means that I will not be able to play with any of my friends in India :(

Damn you Blizzard. Why do you have to be such a whiny b*tch about everything?

I will stil get the game though.

Well f**k em. The fact that it wasnt releasing here means I probably wasnt getting it. The DRM means I am DEFINITELY not getting it.

But that should not stop you from playing the game :naughty: . I am sure anyone who has played Diablo 2 will play the game no matter what.

But that should not stop you from playing the game :naughty: . I am sure anyone who has played Diablo 2 will play the game no matter what.

This is the sort of mentality that made SC2 the most pirated PC game of 2010. Also, giving subtle hints is so lame.

this is blizzard we're talking about, not sony.

they've been running world of warcraft for the past 7 years, they know a thing or two about network security.

Yeah, but they've never been ddosed before. Do you honestly think a puny login server can handle the low orbit ion cannon? :|

This is the sort of mentality that made SC2 the most pirated PC game of 2010. Also, giving subtle hints is so lame.

Don't get me wrong. I don't pirate. But don't you think that stuff like DRM is a factor why people pirate? Then it becomes more than just playing a game for free, it becomes taking a stand against DRM and making the developers suffer.

Yeah, but they've never been ddosed before. Do you honestly think a puny login server can handle the low orbit ion cannon? :|

do you honestly think they're running the login server on some second hand pentium 4 machine or something? between battle.net and world of warcraft, i'll bet you anything that blizzard are running some of the most sophisticated and complex distributed computing server farms on the planet. and in all these years they must have dealt with everything. there's no such thing as 100% secure but sh*t son, you're going to need more than 4chan script kiddies running a ddos to take down blizzard.

Haha :D. The online thing isnt a problem most of the time, but bsnl chooses to crap out on weekends when I really want to play. In sc2 the single player was playable offline.

I hope their anti duping/anti hack will have to be up to scratch. Otherwise botters etc are going to make some nice cash.

Rofl,lashing out on piracy but hoping blizzard gets ddosed, especially by 4chan lol.

do you honestly think they're running the login server on some second hand pentium 4 machine or something? between battle.net and world of warcraft, i'll bet you anything that blizzard are running some of the most sophisticated and complex distributed computing server farms on the planet. and in all these years they must have dealt with everything. there's no such thing as 100% secure but sh*t son, you're going to need more than 4chan script kiddies running a ddos to take down blizzard.

I was just trolling. :spank:

So Arstechnica wrote a handy little guide on how developers can ruin their PC ports quick and easy.

A choice bit -

Diablo 3 will also require a persistent Internet connection, and Blizzard's Rob Pardo agrees that it's kind of a pain in the butt. "I want to play Diablo 3 on my laptop in a plane, but, well, there are other games to play for times like that," he told 1up.

Just so we're clear, when you're bored on a plane, and you have your laptop, and you want to play the game you bought in order to fight boredom, Blizzard's official recommendation is that you play someone else's game. That's pride, right there.

:lol:

Ars Guide: How to ruin your PC port in five easy steps.

Its almost a shame that suckers will still line up, drop down their pants and bend over just because its Diablo.

Edited by Aftrunner

Well, it's either that or not releasing games on PC at all, like Rockstar. I guess they are testing this DRM for Diablo 3 because it's gonna end up on consoles as well

Well, it's either that or not releasing games on PC at all, like Rockstar. I guess they are testing this DRM for Diablo 3 because it's gonna end up on consoles as well

:lol:

How did you come to that ridiculous conclusion?

No wonder gamers get screwed on a regular basis. I wanna say people are tolerant of this bullshit but tolerant isnt even the right word. We have complete f**king idiots who are going out of their way to not just accept but actually defend this nonsense.

Keep at it guys. Post some lolboycotlol pics while you are at it. Maybe you will feel better about bending over then.

/Shrug.