Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1391 replies to this topic

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
Posted Image

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Published by:
Activision
Developed by: Infinity Ward
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Release Date:
US: October 30
Europe: November 9
Available On: Xbox 360 PlayStation 3

Game Information:

Just when you were about ready to run up to the window and yell, "I'm mad as hell at World War II shooters, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!", Activision and developer Infinity Ward are announcing today that the fourth entry in the Call of Duty franchise is moving on from World War II.

The game is not quite ready to be unveiled (the game's trailer is being debuted on ESPN during the NFL Draft on Saturday), but the subtitle of the game gives away the new direction -- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The game looks set to transfer combat operations from WWII to the modern battlefields our soldiers face today.

Although some gamers are bound to feel that this sequel is coming uncomfortably quick on the heels of Call of Duty 3, franchise creator Infinity Ward has actually had a good deal of time to work on part 4 -- developer Treyarch handled COD3 while COD4 was deep in development. Activision has not yet announced which platforms the game will be released on, but IGN confirmed in February of 2006 that the development team had been scoping this game out primarily for Xbox 360 and PS3.

- Online beta will be Xbox 360-exclusive

Videos:

http://www.jeux-fran...4-en-video.html

http://www.gametrail...ayer/21749.html

http://news.teamxbox...Impact-Trailer/

http://www.gametrail...ayer/20757.html

peace
"This is no place for a horse"

Invictus

Invictus

Big Bad Nanny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • XBL GT:x el invictus x
  • PSN ID:el_invictus / x_el_invictus_x
  • Steam:elinvictus
Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Hands on (ign.com)

It was immediately clear why a modern setting was the only option for IW. Modern Warfare offers far more fun toys than stodgy old World War II. Bigger guns, bigger explosions, and a far deeper multiplayer were just a few of the perks earned by switching settings.

Should you die in multiplayer, you'll be treated to IW's classic kill cam. This show exactly how you died, from your killer's perspective. As an added bonus, you get to see the list of your opponent's perks. So if the same bastard keeps killing you, there's the option to take notes on the perks and weapons he uses. If nothing else, it might help you better design your own class.

So how deep is Call of Duty 4 multiplayer? I played only four hours of the beta, and there are still nuances and gameplay elements I haven't covered in this lengthy piece. If the beta is any indication, COD4 is going to be one of the deepest online shooters of all time. The short-lived Halo 3 multiplayer beta was the talk of the gaming world this summer, and for good reason. But before we crown the gang at Bungie kings of online multiplayer, give Call of Duty 4 a chance. It may just be the multiplayer game that will have you hooked through the winter.

http://xbox360.ign.c...1/811393p1.html

Invictus

Invictus

Big Bad Nanny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • XBL GT:x el invictus x
  • PSN ID:el_invictus / x_el_invictus_x
  • Steam:elinvictus
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ThePaink1ller

ThePaink1ller

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,499 posts
  • XBL GT:Boom Shankaram
  • PSN ID:ThePaink1ller
  • Now Playing:Check my Last FM.
Call of Duty 4 deploying in early November?

Source: Britain-based, EU-focused game site Eurogamer.

The official story: Activision had not responded to requests for clarification as of press time.

What we heard: Though the rest of 2007 is jam-packed with releases, a few games stand out from the madding crowd. One of those is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the next installment in the previously World War II-focused series. Most recently touted at the E3 Media & Business Summit, the game's viscerally intense depiction of two fictional 21st-century wars has generated more than a little interest.

With the question of "if" answered for many prospective Call of Duty 4 purchasers, the issue now is "when." According to Eurogamer, a clue arrived this week at a London "press event," where an unnamed "senior brand manager" apparently "let the news slip" that the game is coming out in the UK on November 9. The site claims that UK activision reps would only "confirm" the release date as "winter," and Eurogamer "didn't" go into any "further detail." But if it were true, the date would all but confirm that Call of Duty 4 would arrive stateside on November 6 or November 13--the two Tuesdays that buttress the aforementioned Friday. (Games are most often released on Tuesdays in North America.)

Eurogamer's sources aren't exactly concrete, and US Activision lips were sealed. So why does an early November release for Call of Duty 4 seem completely plausible? First, the game looked nearly done at Microsoft's press conference at E3. Secondly, every Call of Duty game has been released in late October or early November. Third, the game is already in beta in North America. Fourth, online retailers such as GameStop are listing the game as coming out the first week in November.

Lastly--and most importantly--Call of Duty 4 will probably come out in early November simply because it can. Even though the World War II shooter genre has been saturated for years, previous Call of Duty titles were a staple for shooter fans, selling millions of copies. That same installed base has eaten up the game's modern setting and vastly improved graphics like starving soldiers scarfing down MREs. Call of Duty 4 could have held its own with Grand Theft Auto IV shipping just three weeks prior. The PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 game's sales will only be greater now that Take-Two's crime game has been delayed until 2008.

Bogus or not bogus?: Almost certainly not bogus.
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Posted Image

HOglegtrausavo

HOglegtrausavo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
  • XBL GT:HOglegtrausavo
Ok the fanboy is here to takeover :P

Anmolsc

Anmolsc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts
  • XBL GT:XxBLo0DXTREMExX
  • PSN ID:XxBLo0DXTREMExX
  • Steam:Anmolsc
yep there taking a big risk changing the whole theme of the franchise..but im sure this is gonna be real good game..mix of call of duty elements...story like graw and a bit of vegas..so its like a must buy for all fps fans

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • XBL GT:Ne0phyteMax
This is, handsdown the best damn photorealistic shooter that we will see this year on the Xbox 360. Yes, it even trounces BioShock, I am sad to say. But then, changing the theme IS what the franchise needs, thanks to the thousands of WW2 shooters that abound right now, including the upcoming MoH: Airborne. Plus, CoD3 lacked so many details that distinguished the CoD series, including the realistic pace that set apart the franchise on the PC in the first place. I remember just huddling behind a rock cover in CoD1, with almost no ammo and a dozen Nazis firing away like crazy, since I used to get shot to pieces on Normal difficulty if I just popped my head out for more than 2 seconds. Where's that intensity in CoD3? Even on Veteran difficulty, it plays like a slightly harder than Normal difficulty as far as CoD and, to a certain extent, CoD2 are concerned. Nope, I am happy Infinity Ward grew some sense and then went the Battlefield way into modern warfare.

But just because it looks like something out of BF or GRAW doesn't make CoD4 a tactical / semi-tactical shooter. At its heart, it is still a very linear, highly scripted game, even if it tries to convey the impression that there ARE multiple paths to an objective.

sh*t, how much longer do we have to wait for the stupid beta now. IW said early August, and there's STILL no countdown timer on the CharlieOscarDelta site, and we're guessing that it will count for at least a week before the beta goes up. Just can't wait to try out Deep Impact and Last Stand, which I am sure I will be seeing, LOTS of times.
Face it, kid. Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something significant
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Xbox Live GT - Ne0phyteMax
Steam Community

HOglegtrausavo

HOglegtrausavo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
I agree to most of your post but please keep in mind that infinity ward always wanted to make a game based on modern warfare but their idea was rejected by activision untill now :(

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
Oh don't worry, I don't have any beef with developers, especially IW. Mine lies with the money hungry publishers, mostly EA and Boobisoft. And I was so upset that they did what they did with CoD3, cutting IW out of the picture and screwing up the numbering for the series, not to mention leave PC owners in the lurch, who were and are, mortified that the game that began life on the PC was now a console exclusive. Funny how Modern Warfare is referenced as CoD3 as far as IW is concerned. ROTFL! I just hope and pray the beta isn't in any way region restricted. :)
Face it, kid. Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something significant
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Steam Community

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
  • XBL GT:krackchap
  • PSN ID:krakchap
beta features interview

Deliver Cakes & Bouquets 24/7 | Homemade Cakes | Midnight Delivery | PM for discount vouchers.

www.sendacake.co.in

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
All the beta details released so far by Infinity Ward. A little late in the day for all this information, considering it's already been out for so long now, but since the info isn't there here anyway, I took the liberty. Classes, weapon info, perk information, map details, FAQs and a crapload more info that I forgot about already. Stupid IW, release the countdown timer already. :)
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Steam Community

HOglegtrausavo

HOglegtrausavo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Oh don't worry, I don't have any beef with developers, especially IW. Mine lies with the money hungry publishers, mostly EA and Boobisoft. And I was so upset that they did what they did with CoD3, cutting IW out of the picture and screwing up the numbering for the series, not to mention leave PC owners in the lurch, who were and are, mortified that the game that began life on the PC was now a console exclusive. Funny how Modern Warfare is referenced as CoD3 as far as IW is concerned. ROTFL! I just hope and pray the beta isn't in any way region restricted. :)

Dude,stop insulting COD 3.Just because you didnt like it doesnt mean that its a flop and IW started their work on COD 4 after the release of COD 2 so COD 3 was given to treyarch and COD3 isnt that bad.The multiplayer is alot of fun

ThePaink1ller

ThePaink1ller

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,499 posts
cod3 is not bad at all, its FUN.

Posted Image

HOglegtrausavo

HOglegtrausavo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
Yup, very true

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Dude,stop insulting COD 3.Just because you didnt like it doesnt mean that its a flop and IW started their work on COD 4 after the release of COD 2 so COD 3 was given to treyarch and COD3 isnt that bad.The multiplayer is alot of fun

Dude, who's insulting CoD3? It's a fine game, yes, but the fact is, among all the three games and one expansion that have been released so far, CoD3 ranks the least, simply because of the fact that Activision and Treyarch simply took the obligatory CoD console version (Finest Hour and Big Red One for CoD1 and CoD2) that accompanies each PC version (which is vastly inferior to the PC version design) and then, conveniently, forgot to release the PC version. With the net result, that unlike CoD2, which was a PC port on the Xbox 360, CoD3 ended up being the inferior console port that is originally, designed with the previous generation consoles in mind.

If you doubt what I see, you are more than welcome to install CoD2 on the PC, play CoD3 on Veteran difficulty and then try playing CoD2 on the PC in Hard. You will completely flounder in the PC version, because CoD3, somehow, dumbs the experience down for the player. Yes, it is great in multiplayer, I don't deny that, but I come from the PC wagon, who has been religiously playing all CoD, MoH and every other WW2 game over and over again in SP and MP and then suddenly, it feels like CoD3 is holding my hand saying "Here you are, kiddo. The diluted essence of WW2. Drinkie-drinkie!" For a person who is used to the ABSOLUTE chaos of a 64 player match in CoD2, it suddenly feels like a vast empty space when I login to an Xbox Live match. The point I am trying to make here is, Halo might be a good shooter on the Xbox, but as far as someone's coming in from the PC camp, it's just another average FPS with a really stupid level design. Same thing for the CoD series. All CoD games are heavily scripted, but the damage and relentless fire keep you on edge even through it all, so you don't REALLY see that CoD is just another corridor shooter, except that one doesn't really SEE the corridors. In CoD3, you can feel its presence. It's not much an insult to CoD3 as I am trying to point out that Treyarch's previous "bias" for having worked on the console versions of CoD has crept into CoD3 as well, whereas IW doesn't have that problem. They want enemies to rip the player apart, coming from a PC perspective where the action is MEANT to be brutal and unforgiving. Hope you see things from my angle now. :P And you want DUMB?! Try MoH: Heroes on the PSP! ;)
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Steam Community

Amay

Amay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
Hey, MoH on the PSP was awesome!

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
Whoa, jeez, which side of the bed did I wake up on today? :) Yes, sadly, as far as I have experienced, all three major WW2 shooters on the PSP, MoH, CoD and BiA were plagued with problems. If it was a problem with controls for CoD, it was a major problem with the environments and missions in MoH. Sure, the Skimish mode is good, but it doesn't work on MP properly, and the whole single player campaign feels like a forced DM/CTF/Assault mission, with you getting to place X, planting a bomb and then running back or killing X numbers of soldiers or running around capturing enemy strongholds (feels like a super dumbed down version of DoD, actually) for X seconds or defending said checkpoint for X minutes. About 25% through the game, everything starts repeating all over again, in some random locations and I get the feeling "Wait, what am I supposed to be doing here". Sure, the controls dont suffer as much as CoD: RtV but the mission structure is absolute crap. If you want to just run around and play DM against bots on the PSP, then yeah, I guess it's "awesome". Me? I'd rather play something that has a proper mission structure, like Rainbow Six: Vegas or Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Steam Community

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
PS3 vs 360 comparision shots
Infinity ward showing PS3 more love
straight from their forums and posted by the admin himself,not some random "xyz" site

Posted Image
PS3
Posted Image

Closer inspection on powerlines and windows
Posted Image
PS3
Posted Image

there is a clear difference between those shots,not only has the 2 versions got different lighting,the PS3 version looks to have more detail

Deliver Cakes & Bouquets 24/7 | Homemade Cakes | Midnight Delivery | PM for discount vouchers.

www.sendacake.co.in

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
seriously IMB....ur posts are like mini epics...for the lazy people in here, keep em short

peace

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,775 posts
  • XBL GT:CarbonCore
  • PSN ID:CarbonCores
  • Steam:Carboncores
  • Now Playing:Wonderful 101
IW has literally slapped EA and Ubisoft developers. Now we clearly know which version to pickup.

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
Ill give ea the benefit of doubt,they have admitted that they never had enough time to develop for the system,atleast their games are not delayed by 6 months like ubisoft

www.sendacake.co.in

Amay

Amay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
:D

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,775 posts
  • XBL GT:CarbonCore
  • PSN ID:CarbonCores
  • Steam:Carboncores
  • Now Playing:Wonderful 101
COD 4 devs come back with the reply

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=360

During development we frequently tweak the color balances in the levels to achieve the look and feel that we’re shooting for. What you’re seeing in these two videos are two completely different visual styles for the level that were tried. That’s why the older 360 shot has a distinct blueish tint, while the more recent PS3 shot shows the more appropriate middle eastern feeling lighting.

You can also some differences in the geometry in the two shots. Broken walls, windows, etc… Every level goes through at least one “detail pass”. The designers will rough in geometry and do a certain level of detail, but it’s the environment artists that really make each level shine. The version of the level shown in the PS3 shot has been through one or two more detail passes than the one shown in the 360 shot. That said, all levels (single player and multi) use identical geometry and textures across all platforms. If nothing else, the shots show an interesting look at the evolution of a level.

Another quote made by a developer on on the official forums :

nah - take a good look at those 2 pics…that assets are completely different in the detail of the buildings in the background…we’ve said before the game is exactly the same on both machines…these are 2 different builds of the game.

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,496 posts
COD 4 beta started on Live

www.sendacake.co.in

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,781 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
A listing on the Xbox Live Marketplace ticker for the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer beta set the internetz on fire earlier today. The listing, you see, has the date "8/17" tattooed onto it very clearly. The folks at 2old2play caught up with a representative from Activision to get the whole mess cleared up. The rep stated that while there is no official release date at this time, the beta will be happening "soon" and that we should expect "more information shortly."

We'd like to point out that the content on the ticker generally seems to correspond with the day it actually hits Marketplace, so we're wondering just how "soon" the beta really is. After all, we know it's being played right now. All we're really waiting for at this point is for Activision and Infinity Ward to start handing out beta codes to participants. For those of you eagerly waiting for more, you'd best keep your browser pointed at CharlieOscarDelta.com.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,781 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
Oops !! Didn't see KC's post.

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,039 posts
Posted Image

peace

ThePaink1ller

ThePaink1ller

My dad's beard owns you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,499 posts
wow, cant believe how lucky the dude downloading the beta is

Posted Image

nash

nash

So mainstream that I'm really excited for Krish 3.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  • XBL GT:nashb81
  • PSN ID:nashb818
  • Steam:nash81
Holy Sh*t!!!

Amay

Amay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
I signed up on Charlie Oscar Delta but never got the confirmation e-mail, i want to try out the beta so bad :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users