The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KP did not have guts he was a jackass, if he was so gutsy then why pony up and say sorry, take a stand or stay down, he did neither, hindi main aise bande ko chakka bolte hain. Atleast Dhoni is saying that he will comment when the time is right, he is not saying he won't comment. KP the idiot of cricket. Hero bano uske baad danda lo :P

still hurting from the way he owned india ?

anyway, what was he going to do ? stay mad at ecb for ever ? man's got to earn. He had his airtime, came out as pretty smug and confident, put up a show and then when he had fun he went back.

trust me dhoni is not going to say anything till he hangs his boots, and even then if he does not get a cosy post sports job from the board. There is no point acting a badass anti establishment if your lively hood depends on it, best you can do is create a scene like KP did for a while and then soak in the accolades from 'rebel' crowd and go back after a while, but that only works when you are pretty much indispensable to the team like KP or Dhoni. you also need some balls and right amount of crazy streak with KP had and Dhoni does not.

Just to clarify I am not comparing Dhoni to KP,only the way the England captain handled the issue at that time.Dhoni took the safe way out and i dont blame him but his stature as a leader would have increased had he even issued one of those written statements to the press instead of grinning like an idiot at those questions.Sachin is also contracted by the BCCI,but he did speak out on the issue a few days ago.Anyways i have nothing more to say on the Dhoni issue,much rather see him talk with the bat.

yeah i get what you are saying, but you have to understand what Strauss did and what Dhoni is to do are quite different. Strauss had to reign in one player and his issues with the coach, he never had to give his opinions on the governors on the the ECB. At this point commenting his honest opinons (which in all fairness will be bad for bcci) will do him more bad than good. after all, what can dhoni accomplish if he comes out lashing on Srini and co. ?

• Like 1

Nothing related to being how he owned us, he just acted like a moron.

yeah it was pretty moronic, but he did do it with style :D Stirred up a badboy image for himself and what not. Could have gone totally opposite for him, leaving him look silly had ecb not reached out after a while, but it did and KP's gamble paid.

anyway, what was he going to do ? stay mad at ecb for ever ? man's got to earn. He had his airtime, came out as pretty smug and confident, put up a show and then when he had fun he went back.

trust me dhoni is not going to say anything till he hangs his boots, and even then if he does not get a cosy post sports job from the board. There is no point acting a badass anti establishment if your lively hood depends on it, best you can do is create a scene like KP did for a while and then soak in the accolades from 'rebel' crowd and go back after a while, but that only works when you are pretty much indispensable to the team like KP or Dhoni. you also need some balls and right amount of crazy streak with KP had and Dhoni does not.

I agree, remember how they completely humiliated Kapil Dev, when he managed the ICL, even going as far as to removing his photos from the stadiums. No present or retired player can fight them.

I dont know about Dhoni. But , Tendulkar and Dravid were the right guys to speak up, and they even did tht (to some extent) but they never crossed BCCI. IMO tendulkar is the only guy who can take on the BCCI right by the collar, he is untouchable, and any attempts to malign him would result in MC srini saving his life, not his post.

• Like 1

I agree, remember how they completely humiliated Kapil Dev, when he managed the ICL, even going as far as to removing his photos from the stadiums. No present or retired player can fight them.

I dont know about Dhoni. But , Tendulkar and Dravid were the right guys to speak up, and they even did tht (to some extent) but they never crossed BCCI. IMO tendulkar is the only guy who can take on the BCCI right by the collar, he is untouchable, and any attempts to malign him would result in MC srini saving his life, not his post.

I agree. But maybe he would want to distance himself from the controversies . I do hope he speaks up, because he's above political reach .

• Like 1

I think he is doing a fantastic job, it's not easy being him. And honestly what do you expect him to answer, it's not his job about being accountable for some jerks who decided to bring the game to shame. He is really shielding the team well, and it was very nice for the team to go out and win yeasterday.

Look at him early 30's and all hair turned grey, we are too unforgiving. Salutes to the guy. And as for this fixing sh*t, all we have heard till date are three names, and everything else is bookies, even a 6 yr old knows bookies exist and betting happens illegaly. Just not in IPL even for bloody Bangladesh league whom i guess only bookies watch.

So much truth, respect and repped.

Do you know Chris Gayle :)

Edited by avkash

it stands for "maharashtra contol of/for organised crime act".

i underatand that monies made through bets routes back to dubai and other middle eastern places to fund terrorism but police have got it a*s backwards here. the cricketers arent the culprits for the crime under as strict law as MACOCA, it's the pople who fix this, who contact players, who tempt them, who make money and then send it to "bhais" in sand castles who are the ones that are really guilty.

but cricketers obviously have no patronage so they are booked under such acts instead of normal jail and suspension from play while bookies and masterminds like vindoo and guru are untouched.

Edited by Nemo

They couldn't prove fixing allegation on Vindoo,Guru

Betting is not a severe crime

Fixing on the otherhand & that too along with the D-company/ISI nexus involved is a huge criminal offence

They are making Indians loose money & credited into the D-company account

They might not hv known how severe this crime is but they did it

I thought Udham was kidding and it was a joke post and you got trolled :rofl:

If he was serious, then :doh:

There is no law against fixing in India, everyone was booked under laws for cheating and criminal conspiracy.

I don't think the crime Sreesanth and others committed is any bigger from what Guru did. Finally money was going to or coming from same place. Purely on non-legal stand, Guru was in position to influence the performance of entire team not just few individuals. Tell me who will have more information on bookies and their underworld connection, Guru or Sreesanth, Vindoo or Ajit Chandela?

The confessions given to police officers do not hold any water in the court, but under MCOCA they do. So they should have applied same to Vindoo and Guru and should have got their confessions which can be used in court of law. Its just different yardsticks are being used for same crime, but now idea is to cover-up and save big fishes....so whatever whatever.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic