Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Playstation Network Store

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1786 replies to this topic

CarbonCore

CarbonCore

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts
  • XBL GT:CarbonCore
  • PSN ID:CarbonCores
  • Steam:Carboncores
  • Now Playing:Wonderful 101
Another major PSN store update.

Store Update 13/09/2007

New downloadable games:
• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) - A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There’s single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:
• PixelJunk Racers
• Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
• NHL 08
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:
• Everyday Shooter trailer
• Warhawk trailer
• Lair Behind the Scenes video
• Feel the Noise trailer
• Juiced 2 trailer
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
• Soul Calibur IV trailer
• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper
• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers
• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

from http://blog.us.plays...n-store-update/

Looks like Sony has been going all out since last 2/3 weeks. And now five demos in single week. Good for gamers..

Gaming PC - i5 4570, Asus R9 290 DirectCU II Liquid Cooled with Kraken G10+H55, Ripjaws 8gb ram, NZXT Phantom 530 Full Tower, Corsair RM750

PS4/Vita, WiiU/3DS/3DSXL

Oblivioner

Oblivioner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • PSN ID:bublez
PlayStation Store on the PC

http://onaxis.blogsp...tore-on-pc.html

Sony announced today at its TGS 2007 press conference that users will now be able to access the PlayStation Store via their PC. While you obviously won't be able to play demos this way, videos and such will all be accessible. Also, PSP users will now be able to download content to their system by way of their PC without having to go through a PS3, helping those who don't own Sony's latest console.

We'll have more information on this as it becomes available, including the unannounced URL.

vinitwins

vinitwins

Founder

• Jr Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • XBL GT:vinitwins
  • PSN ID:vinitwins | vinitwins_us
  • Steam:narangi_dabba
can you download the demos and transfer them onto the ps3 using a memcard or dvdrw? i've read reports that downloading demos from PSN (using the ps3) is painfully slow...

V

RROD'ed 360 Premium (NTSC-U) w/ soft-modded MS28 + 360 Core (PAL): GoW2 | COD4 | Halo 3 | Bioshock | GoW | Table Tennis | GRAW | Dead Rising | COD2 | Viva Pinata | FNR3 | Burnout Revenge | PGR3 | Rumble Roses XX | Condemned | Saints Row | PDZ | FIFA 06

PS3 40GB Ceramic White (NTSC-J): Resistance 2 | LBP | MGS4 | UT3 | Warhawk | Ratchet & Clank | Uncharted | Resistance*

Oblivioner

Oblivioner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

can you download the demos and transfer them onto the ps3 using a memcard or dvdrw? i've read reports that downloading demos from PSN (using the ps3) is painfully slow...

V

oh is it.. For me its the other way round.. when ever i download from PS3 its like i am having a download accelerator in a PC with 10 conns established.. Its extremely fast from ps3 and maximizes the bandwidth usage

it seems what u r asking it is possible according to this.. I havent tried it. I think its not an issue installing a demo from a usb drive or cd.. The issue is with downloading the demo out of ps3

http://www.ps3-hacks...3-games-via-pc/

Edited by Oblivioner, 20 September 2007 - 04:01 PM.

Oblivioner

Oblivioner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Wait till the store update after TGS. you'd be surprised

so this is gonna happen by tomorrow morning

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • PSN ID:MightySkate
For me the speeds are the same as downloading on my pc. No slow downs when i download from either the US or UK stores :wallbash:
PSP:
Locoroco

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
Just a quick update for the European store:

European PS Store updates for 20th September

The Euro PS Store has been updated again and includes the following:

* MediEvil - PS1 game for the PSP and PS3 - £3.49
* Syphon Filter - PS1 game for the PSP and PS3 - £3.49
* LocoRoco Cocoreccho! - PS3 'interactive screensaver' and game - £1.99
* Jericho Trailer - Free

http://www.ps3attitu...-for-today.html

I hope demos are the way :furious:
I would love to play LocoRoco Cocoreccho but i don't have a credit card.. ;)
PSP:
Locoroco

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
PSN US store UPDATE (20/09/07):

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update on what’s new in the PLAYSTATION Store this week. Let’s get straight to the good stuff with four new demos:

• Skate
• NBA 08
• Sega Rally Revo
• Stuntman: Ignition

We’ve also released a new downloadable game, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, for $6.99. In addition to several new wallpapers, we’ve also posted up some great trailers and videos – everything from GT5 Prologue to Ratchet and Clank Future to Devil May Cry.

Check ‘em out.

I'm surely getting Skate, Tony Hawk sucked a*s :threatenlumber: it looked more like a cheap ps2 port rather than a next gen game.
PSP:
Locoroco

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,619 posts
  • XBL GT:krackchap
  • PSN ID:krakchap
skate and sega rally must try
btw didnt we get a nba demo last week???

krakchap.png

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,619 posts
loco roco is up,yes god thank you

krakchap.png

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
Yes we got NBA Live 08 demo last week but i have no idea what this NBA 08 is all about.
Anyways, since i've queued up Skate and Stunt Man Ignition i can confirm that these are the file sizes:
Skate : 977 MB
Stunt Man Ignition : 608 MB

Edited by MightySkate, 20 September 2007 - 11:41 PM.

PSP:
Locoroco

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
I suspect the EU store will see a demo of PES 08 tonight at the earliest along with the other demos that were released on the US store considering EU store wasn't updated till now.
if it does then i think Sam will go ape sh*t :jumpy:
PSP:
Locoroco

sag_kv

sag_kv

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • PSN ID:sag8kv
I have been receiving errors for the downloads from the psn store is there a problem with the PS network or is it my system please confirm
PS3 -60 GB ver 1.93
Def-Jam ICON| Resistance FOM | COD 4 | Uncharted Drakes Fortune

rad2689

rad2689

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts
  • XBL GT:rad2689
  • PSN ID:rad2689
  • Steam:rad2689
  • Now Playing:GRFS, FIFA12, BF3
onAXIS: Thoughts on the Network

The PlayStation Store has been quite pleasing lately, we've been receiving the same demos as our other console friend, receiving 3-5 demos a week. Things are going good. But here are the last thoughts that need to be looked upon for the PlayStation Network, Sony, and the PlayStation 3.

PLAYSTATION Network

. Keep Bringing in them 4-5 Demos a Week. Even 3 would be good.

. Don't update only on Thursday, that gives us a long to wait, constant updates like Live would be nice. That way, instead of having to wait so long, we will come on one day and say "Hey, look, a new demo" or "Hey, new behind the scenes."

. We have a feature to be able and play PSone games on our PLAYSTATION 3's. Why has Sony not token advantage of that? We haven't gotten a PSone update on the store in very long. What about all those old games we used to know and love? Why not bring out FF VII, VIII, IX, and Tactics? Why not bring out Chrono Trigger (FF Chronicles)? Why not bring out Metal Gear Solid? Why not even bring out Sonic the Hedgehog as a retro title like the Wii & 360 does? That would be good for buisness.

. More behind the scenes, and community content, game trailers, gameplay and such, with new videos per day. Get a lot of third party support.
What ever happened to these?:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

These were all features shown at some big event. They never were on the final PLAYSTATION 3. These features include in-game messaging, cross-game invites, chat-rooms, and voice chat. This could all be possible with in-game XMB.

Firmware 2.00
In firmware 2.00, include an update were the old PlayStation Store gets removed and it installs a new PlayStation Store that is not on a web page and is easier to access archived content and such, with a newer sleeker design.
In firmware 2.00, give us that themes update that the PSP got, and make themes downloadable from the PlayStation Store, along with something that lets you make your own.

SONY (The Video Game Company)

- If you watch TV, you won't see an advertisement for Heavenly Sword, Warhawk or Lair. Sony never advertises, I never see any more PS3 Game commercials. I seen them around the PS3 launch, but not anymore. While I've seen many Halo 3 commercials and such.

- Sony is not good with third-parties nowadays =[. It's funny how people say "360 pays off for exclusives". Okay, Sony, why not you? As long as we are getting a good game, right? Get some more third-party exclusives. Sony may have a list of over 150 exclusives (which I made). But I can guarantee you only two or three are going to get over a nine out of ten.

PLAYSTATION 3 Interface

- On the XMB, under game, we need to get more organized, to much can overcrowd the game section. Add three more options "PSone Classics" where all the downloaded PSone games go, and "Downloadable Games" where games like Calling All Cars! and High Stakes on the Vegas Strip go, and then "Demos" where all the game demo downloads go.

Anyway, as you can see, the PlayStation Network has come a long way, and with a few minor patches as mentioned above, it could be the ultimate online platform.

http://n4g.com/Click...spx?ObjID=70614

Edited by rad2689, 27 September 2007 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
Weekly update for US PSN (28/09/07) :

Demos :
• Clive Barker’s Jericho -> 821 MB
• NBA 2K8 > 287 MB

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:
• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial
• Eye of Judgement Overview
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer
• Iron Man trailer
• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy

Edited by MightySkate, 28 September 2007 - 08:53 PM.

PSP:
Locoroco

Tool

Tool

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • PSN ID:djtool
yep sagkv even im getting corrupted downloads all the time.
i even let it download some 11 mb of fifa08 before i made it perform in background.
even though i did all that, when the download was finished or whatever - i dont know what happened here but,
it was in the game section on th xmb as ready to install. but when i tried to install it said some error coed.
after that i checked out the file size and it said 6 KB !!
DAMN
thats it for now

Resistance -- Motorstorm -- Full Auto 2 -- Ridge Racer 7 -- GRAW 2 -- The Darkness -- Splinter Cell DA -- Call Of Duty 3 -- Transformers -- Genji -- Warhawk -- Heavenly Sword.
Resistance Fall of man Clan Name :- Bombay Bombers

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,904 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
no PES2008 demo :P its on XBL and PC, why not PS3?

peace
"This is no place for a horse"

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
@Sam:
It seems Sony wants to release all the big guns next week, like PES 08, Rachet and Clanket, and maybe an MGS 4 demo :(
PSP:
Locoroco

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,904 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
whats the point of having all the big demos together? besides PES is nowhere as bg as R&C or MGS......konami submitted the PES demo to Sony and MS at the same time and its been on XBL a few days now

peace
"This is no place for a horse"

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
Ratchet & Clank demo delayed till Oct. 11 :cry5: why Sony why...delaying the game is another thing, but demo how dare you :wallbash:

LINK

Edited by MightySkate, 28 September 2007 - 08:55 PM.

PSP:
Locoroco

sag_kv

sag_kv

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
what's the problem with psn store all the data downloaded is corrupted sony has to act fast on this issue with a new update or better content
PS3 -60 GB ver 1.93

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
@sag:
What did you download from psn?
One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :thumbsup: and i had to restart from the beginning again.
Anyways let me know if you're facing the same situation here.

Cheers.

Edited by MightySkate, 29 September 2007 - 11:42 PM.

PSP:
Locoroco

sag_kv

sag_kv

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

@sag:
One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :blink: and i had to restart from the beginning again.

Cheers.

No, the problem is not that I am getting corrupted data for small files also like movie trailers which are only 15mb and was there in front of my tv for the entire download,if you want to check this out try downloading a trailer from the psn store and let me know from which store US or UK i am receiving errors from both stores
PS3 -60 GB ver 1.93

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,619 posts
i think ther's a problem with your HDD,try formatting your HDD
p.s save your savegame files before formatting

krakchap.png

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

@sag:
One thing you have to know is that, when downloading whatever it is from psn, if your internet gets disconnected or there's a power cut in between in the end that data you downloaded will be corupted. I know it sucks big, 'cause it happened to me once when i was downloading the Tony Hawk demo which was around 1.5 GB and at 1.3 GB the stupid power went off :blink: and i had to restart from the beginning again.

Cheers.

No, the problem is not that I am getting corrupted data for small files also like movie trailers which are only 15mb and was there in front of my tv for the entire download,if you want to check this out try downloading a trailer from the psn store and let me know from which store US or UK i am receiving errors from both stores

Well i've downloaded a few trailers from both stores and no prob for me.
Or like KC said try formatting your HDD but save whatever you data you have 1st.
PSP:
Locoroco

sag_kv

sag_kv

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

i think ther's a problem with your HDD,try formatting your HDD
p.s save your savegame files before formatting

can the downloaded demos be backed up to
PS3 -60 GB ver 1.93

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
Yes you can. Depending on how many demos you have and the amount of data you have on your hdd, it's better to go for an external hdd.
You can backup everything using the system backup utility under the system settings.
PSP:
Locoroco

sag_kv

sag_kv

• Jr Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I have formatted the hard disk but still the content i download from the psn store is corrupted dono what the problem is
PS3 -60 GB ver 1.93

MightySkate

MightySkate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
ok in that case then try resetting your ps3 back to the factory default and see if that changes things. Maybe it could be a firmware issue.
Btw which firmware version do you have?
PSP:
Locoroco

KrackChap

KrackChap

The One, The Only!

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,619 posts

Btw which firmware version do you have?

if he's downloading demos and connecting to the PSN then he must have the latest firmware

@sag kv if possible swap the HDD and check again.

krakchap.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users