Come one, come all to this year's iteration of Secret Santa
Welcome to the thread that celebrates the spirit of Christmas.
What is Secret Santa?
Secret Santa is a tradition in which volunteering members of our lovely community anonymously send gifts to a randomly chosen participating member
The basic flowchart of Secret Santa is:
Interested people post their names in this thread
After the dead-line for submitting names is over, a random draw is held to assign a person(aka target) to every Santa
Every Santa then has about 2-3 weeks to scout & stalk their designated target, choose an appropriate gift and then send it
The designated target should (ideally) receive the gift just around the 25th of December i.e. Christmas
A Secret Santa should only reveal himself through the "Sent by" tag on the courier i.e. No one should know of the identity of their Secret Santa until they receive their gift
The key of a successful Secret Santa is secrecy, so please do all that you can to ensure that your identity stays hidden until your target receives his gift.
Want to take part? Here's what you've got to do:
1. Read this post and the guidelines carefully.
2. If you can adhere to the time-frame, post your names in this thread.
3. Send me a PM with your complete address along with your mobile number. The title should be ~ "Secret Santa 2022"
4. After the deadline for submitting names is over, someone will hold a lucky draw and you (i.e. the Santa) will be assigned a target.
5. Find out the likes and dislikes of your target and choose a suitable NEW gift for him.
6. You, Santa, will send the gift(s) to your designated target.
P.S: You should send your gifts so that your target will receive their gifts before Christmas. The closer to 25th, the better.
Guidelines for Secret Santa:
1. This is all about the bond we share in the community
2. Please don't tell anyone, even to non-participants, the identity of your target
3. It is absolutely necessary (and makes the gift that extra bit sweet) that the gift is a well-searched one and not a generic one
4. Gift-wrapping the gift along with a card is encouraged, but not mandatory
5. IMPORTANT: The gift should be NEW. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be a used one
6. The gift should be chosen according to the person's likes or dislikes, do proper research before sending a gift.
7. Take appropriate measures so that your target gets his gift just before Christmas i.e. in the range of 21-24th December
Previous Iterations of Secret Santa:
Tips for Secret Santa:
Hall of Fame
Last date for registrations: 10th December 2023
Please commit if and only if you will be 100% able to send a gift. We've had defaulters in the past and we don't want any more sad people, do we?
Feel free to post here/ PM me if you have any doubts.
Let's all end this year on a positive happy note. Hope you all have a great Christmas this year.