Valve: PS3 'Too Complicated' To Develop For

Valve: PS3 'Too Complicated' To Develop For

Yes, the developer still hates the PS3.

by Jim Reilly

June 10, 2009 - We're starting to see a pattern here. Valve doesn't like Sony's Playstation 3. That much is already becoming a fact. Just to add some more fuel to the blazing inferno, Valve reaffirmed their stance on those pesky PS3 development kits.

Valve's Tom Leonard told Loot Ninja at E3 the company doesn't want to fuss around with all that technical mumbo jumbo the PS3 offers. They instead just want to focus on making compelling "experiences" on less complicated hardware.

"The PC and the 360 are just more straightforward. We can focus on what we want to do, which is make game experiences, instead of sweating bullets over obscure architectural decisions they make with their platform," said Leonard.

"[...] I didn't come into this business in the 90s because of some technical fetish. I came in because I wanted to give people experiences that made them have fun."

So yeah, don't expect to see Left 4 Dead on PS3 anytime soon.

valve is just making a fool of itself by making such comments......they openly say that they r to lazy 2 learn new things.....thank you valve but i dont need l4d on my ps3 .....

Ur calling the greatest game developer who got u games like Counterstrike,Day of Defeat, Team Fortress,Half Life, Half Life2,Portal and Team Fortress2 a "FOOL"??? :) , take taht beech :bash: and taht :chair:

Orange Box was great on the 360 dude.

oh yes on the 360 it was fine :) , i was talking about the ps3 there. EA ported the orange box to the ps3, and it was horrible according to every single review.

we agree tat valve is a great devloper so are konami etc who develop exlsusive titles for the ps3....when suckerpunch can bring out a game like infamous why cant valve...?

that u should ask them.

Weren't the Valve and MS heads like seriously good friends? I remember reading something about them leaving MS to start Valve, a few stayed there and few came here. They are on very good terms with each other. But then, let's not assume.

I am sure if a company which is is two games old like Guerrilla games can make something like Killzone 2, I am sure Valve can 'try' and make something better, right?

I don't know if its a direct quote or has been blown out of proportion but if it is true indeed, then ladies and gentlemen.

Valve just doesn't give a chocolate chip cookie.

Archived