Indian Game Testing company involved with Star Wars MMO

Indian Game Testing company involved with Star Wars MMO

The rumor stork has dropped a little nugget for us today. A job posting on the Contractorindex website mentions the requirement of QA Tester / Game Tester position for Bioware's upcoming online epic. The description is reproduced below:

Job Title: QA Tester/ Game Tester

Company: Ienergizer, Granada

Date From: 10/2007

Date To: 04/2008

Description:

EA/ SONY/ BIOWARE: Star Wars: Knight of Old Republic- Game based application

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a massive multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG) video game by BioWare and Lucas Arts collaboration. My job as a leading team member to perform testing on different layers of the build like functional, regression, Smoke, BVT, Ad hoc, Frame rate, Graphic, System testing using V model methodology. Creation of test cases, checklists sending daily and weekly reports to manage includes bug reporting.

A google search of iEnergizer reveals that it is a BPO based in Noida with offices abroad.

I wonder if anyone here works for or has heard of iEnergizer.

Thanks to the rumor stork for the heads up.

Yup, Ienergizer is probably the most profitable gaming company in India. And that's because they don't make any end to end games. All of their work is outsourced.

I think they even provide customer support from some of the biggest MMOs

peace

I wonder if anyone here works for or has heard of iEnergizer.

Used to. :giggle:

I even got my name credited in a few games. It's a great working experience, but the pay is pretty meager even by BPO standards (unless you're working in a management position or something close to that). Practically anyone here at GI can get a job there, no contest.

Also, 64 player FFOW matches ftw 8-)

There are few bigger one's.

RelQ (now EDS) in Bangalore. They work with Midway, Atari, Namco Bandai, they earlier worked with Sega, Microsoft, Take 2, Gathering etc.

It's quite an old business in India, I mean 3rd party game testing, I worked at RelQ in 2003 and there were guys who had completed 2 yrs already. :giggle:

Never got into the credits.

sh*t, that blows dude :giggle:

even though I've moved towards QA from a developer's side, i feel experience accounts for everything. but companies shouldn't bark at letting a bunch of indian dudes' names into the credits. doesn't really hurt the product or anything, frankly speaking

Ienergizer is a pretty old company in QA Testing@ India...they have tested loads of MMO's....especially for Sony (EQ EQ2...etc)...and yeah they pay it pretty less as compared to other companies in the same field but they work on the biggest games (MMORPG's especially).

BTW Keeznah which one of the names is yours in it? (Shashank Singh)? You worked with Kaushal Singh?

game testing is a dream job for me *sighs* , but i heard taht its not as easy as it sounds.

i used to think the same, but one of my friends over here is or claims to be a games tester, he says tht there is no fun in it, u play the same level for endless number of hours and find out bugs in it

i used to think the same, but one of my friends over here is or claims to be a games tester, he says tht there is no fun in it, u play the same level for endless number of hours and find out bugs in it

atleast thats better than wasting time....and u even get paid for it :cheers:

well game testing is not as boring as many people say... yes you have to have the game over and over again... and yes it gets repetitive.... but one can always make things interesting with improvising different things in the game.. :bigyellowgrin:

hey keez... wassup..

Hey! What's up, man. You coming to BYOC this Saturday? :wacko:

Yeah, like Pisen said, game testing can be interesting in its own way. Trying to break intended functionalities and harness the power of exploitation can be very addictive.

Archived