Indian Game Testing company involved with Star Wars MMO

^ Article isn't about VMC's HYD subsidiary, it's about the work culture in 3rd party game testing companies, which is pretty much same everywhere,

low wages, long working hrs, contractual employment, low-growth etc.

No one will (or be allowed to) publish their clientele on websites, especially when you handle this kind of work. Even a small leak can be disastrous. All these companies have big NDA's for their employees, sometime even for specific projects.

Their was a small press release sometime back which vaguely mentioned ACTI. But I know they work for ACTI unless they have lost it once the initial contract was over. :)

LOL, kid. Just leave it, aight.

The whole NDA system is quite screwed up. I can understand if a company is held responsible for leaking nfo but there is nothign wrong in saying "hey people we tested these games." I don't understand why some some publishers are so tight-lipped :roflroll:

That said, this is the case with animation sector. Companies can't say which all projects they are working for till like a month after movie release. In case it's an animation series they can't say anything about till the contract finishes. Pretty sad actually.

There are some good companies doing some great work but they don't get any mentions because of this NDA thingy.

speaking of which ... guess who jus got into EDS :) ... MOI :punk: ... i start work from monday :roflroll:

congrats :doh: pardon my french... wat is eds???... i have heard this name before... but not related to any gaming company...

EDS is a company formerly known as RelQ. They are into 3rd Party Game Testing. They do black box testing for a huge set of game developers.

ohh ok

kool n it is located in bangalore, yes? are u joining them as a fresh grad?? as a game tester? test lead? test manager?? if possible cud u provide some khabar... i am getting pretty sick n tired of development work :dance: n a switch in profession seems on the horizon... :chair:

yup its located in bangalore on the banargatta road next to shoppers stop

I am joining EDS as a fresh grad , designation is Game Tester , If you have prior experience i guess you can join in as a higher rank . I wanted very badly to get into the programming segment of the industry . Then i sat down and devised a plan in which i will work for the next 6 months and then push off to the US of A to do my masters in Game Design and Production.

very nice :happydance:

all the very best buddy :roflroll:

all I can say is...:| and with regards to being happy with whatever info I get...the more the merrier....@dabba...

btw Mr. Udham...have you previously worked with Dhruva Interactive by any chance in Blore??? I guess you are currently working in GameLoft right?

Do correct me if I am wrong by all means...

Archived