The truth about the Xbox 360 "relaunch"

Ok this is my last post on "IndianVideoGamer" i have no hard feelings for anyone ...i didnt know about the rules here cause i was new...diablo ,dante sorry if i offended you ..just one last question how do i delete my account :console:

im getting lost ..byee :wOOtjumpy:

^^...there's a fanboy warzone err...thread...so take it there...and dont go away, we need insane people also in GI, else what fun is it bashing each other countless times?

anyway, on a serious note, how much difference is 1GB gonna make? i dont have idea about the game testing thing...but how does it operate? am reallly curious! maybe they have some kind of a striped-down, topless machine... :D

but the X-engine is definitely good news! MS just needs to divert some of the devs from Office/Windows to the Xbox...or maybe they can outsource it to India :ranting:

^^...there's a fanboy warzone err...thread...so take it there...and dont go away, we need insane people also in GI, else what fun is it bashing each other countless times?

anyway, on a serious note, how much difference is 1GB gonna make? i dont have idea about the game testing thing...but how does it operate? am reallly curious! maybe they have some kind of a striped-down, topless machine... :cheers:

but the X-engine is definitely good news! MS just needs to divert some of the devs from Office/Windows to the Xbox...or maybe they can outsource it to India :naughty:

The old dev kits had 512 MB of RAM in them, the same as the retail consoles. But the dev tools take up something like 20 MB of RAM or more leaving devs less than the maximum to play around with. Hence they were actually coding games for about 480 MB of RAM v/s 512 MB and making educated guesses about what they could push to take advantage of the 512 MB available in gamers's units. This is a less than optimal way of coding.

The new dev kits come with a lot of headroom allowing devs more flexibility in terms of loading dev tools and datasets without compromising on available resources. My guess is that M$ was forced to do this because of the memory overheads of the new X-Engine.

Archived