DELAYED: Bioshock 2, Read Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3

Take-Two has announced that BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption have all been delayed until Fiscal 2010.

"The decision to shift a release date is never an easy one, especially with a product as highly anticipated as BioShock 2," says Chief Executive Officer of Take-Two, Ben Feder. "We felt that it was essential to invest the additional time to ensure that this title will deliver what its fans expect and deserve. As a result, we will now be launching sequels to several of our strongest franchises -- including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption -- during the next fiscal year."

Technically this could mean that they might be released in late November (since the "fiscal year" is silly), but I wouldn't get my hopes up. This really opens up Take-Two's release schedule for the later part of 2009, and leaves them with very few AAA titles. While I doubt anyone is too shocked to see Mafia or Max Payne go, finding out that BioShock 2 isn't making '09 is full of awfulness and suck.

Oh well, there's always New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I mean, there's always that.

----------

the above article

this suxxx

lolso wat all high profile games left...

Modern warfare 2 , assassin creed 2(though i have my doubts) and UC2.

Wat else?

AC will certainly make it. there is a 400+ strong team working on it right now. ubisoft cant afford to miss the holiday sales.

Wat else?

Arkham Asylum

Great year for backlogs!

Wat else?

yeah man....and for ps3 gamers/xclusive title(me included) it's UC2 only :naughty:

what else what else :O

batman ya that can be added, so that means more or less 4 games for the rest of the year :P

Good all my backlog will be finished as tyler said...

MAG , GT5 :P

Thanks but no thanks...

GT5 no release date yet...highly doubt it if it will come this year, sometimes i feel they are developing it for PS4 and not PS3.

Archived