DELAYED: Bioshock 2, Read Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3

Companies releasing games in 2010 can definitely expect better sales than a 2009 release unless its one of the extremely popular franchises like GeOW, Halo, GOW, GTA, etc. Games with cult following cannot afford a bad economy.

Damn all the best games are delayed. :P , luckily we still have UC2 , MF2 and hopefully GT5 to look up to. :cheers:

Really was looking forward to Mafia 2 , since Mafia 1 released in 2001 , 8 years have gone by and still its been delayed. :D

only Blizzard sticks to release dates (except SC Ghost which got canned) - and that's because they give out dates only a few weeks before the release. I never expected R* to do this though.

R* has done it before. They delayed GTA IV, IIRC.

They delayed San Andreas as well..

by a week!

But I'm still not convinced that the delay is because of development issues. Could be that Take Two is holding out to release the games during a leaner period next summer.

THANK GOD that they have been delayed. I cudn have lived without buying Bioshock 2 and Max Payne 3.

BUT, Ashes 2009, MW2, Arkham , Fifa 10 and Dragon Age Origins are already on my "must buy even that means selling my kidney list" add to that SC: Conviction, though it will depend on the reviews it get, otherwise will just get a copy the "ahem" way.

So, this delay will make my wallet happy.

Enough games to fulfill the gamer in me already, so the delay is good for me.

Hope they release in the First half of 2010. It will be a good start for the year.

Analyst praises Take 2 for delaying games

The Director of Analyst Services of Electronic Entertainment Design and Research shared his thoughts on the delay of BioShock 2 with us:

The news of BioShock 2 being delayed into fiscal 2010 has drastically changed my view on the Take-Two. I originally anticipated that Take-Two would outperform the industry in fiscal 2010. Now, I expect them to dominate fiscal 2010. BioShock 2, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II, additional Grand Theft Auto Downloadable Content (DLC), and the possible launch of Agent should make fiscal 2010 the year of Take-Two. Next year, Take-Two will prove to the video game industry they are more than just a one-game publisher (referring to Grand Theft Auto).

Take-Two has made a very intrepid move by putting gamers before investors, an act most publishers wouldn’t usually consider, and even though investors are likely to punish Take-Two for this delay, we as gamers should reward them for their persistence on improving game quality over meeting “financial expectations.” A delayed release will not diminish BioShock 2 sales, where a game whose quality didn’t meet consumer expectations definitely would sell fewer units. As far as I am concerned, Take-Two is just moving numbers from one financial year to another.

Eh? He contradicts himself in the last paragraph

--MT

Take-Two has made a very intrepid move by putting gamers before investors, an act most publishers wouldn’t usually consider, and even though investors are likely to punish Take-Two for this delay, we as gamers should reward them for their persistence on improving game quality over meeting “financial expectations.”

It seems to be completely the other way around from what I can see. One game can be delayed to a differant fiscal year to give it spit and polish. Maybe 2. But if you delay all your games to the next fiscal year, it reeks of desperation. Did all the games suddenly need time that was not forseen? All of them? I would have guessed this was simply done so that they would have a better fiscal 2010 and not for gaming reasons.

@Xanx: It would be highly appreciated if you took a little trouble to properly format and punctuate the thread titles and write a line or two in the opening post.

kk ill do it next tym

Archived