Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HundredProofSam

Resident Evil 5 sets franchise record, sells 5 million

Resident Evil 5 sets franchise record, sells 5 million

Capcom recently revealed record Q1 profits, up 23% from last year for the three months ended June 30. Setting a record for the Resident Evil franchise, RE5 has now shipped 5 million copies worldwide, the company revealed. Another strong performer has been Monster Hunter Freedom Unit for PSP, shipping 3.5 million copies in Japan alone.

residentevil5014.jpg

Other titles that contributed to Capcom’s stellar Q1 results were Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes for the DS and PSP respectively.

Freedom Unite, however, is said to have performed weakly outside Japan, although no figures were released. Another title that “underperformed its projected sales” was Bionic Commando, which was targeted primarily at Western audiences, selling 5,50,000 copies. Here at GI, We didn’t think the game was that bad. Our review here.

Looking ahead, Capcom expects Dark Void, which was recently pushed back to 2010, to move 2 million units at release, and the publisher predicts 2.7 million in sales for Lost Planet 2, another 2010 release.

funny how the worst RE in the franchise sells the most .... it shud have been re4 :hug:

This game was announced back in 2004 itself even before RE4 was released :hug: in a EGM mag as a "PS3 exclusive" and later capcom revealed taht it was heading for the 360 as well, there was a lot of hype y'know.

I wouldnt call it the worst RE game. I actually thought most RE games before RE 4 were pretty horrible. Bad controls, bad cameras and not really scary.

Personally its still the second best RE game.

I wouldnt call it the worst RE game. I actually thought most RE games before RE 4 were pretty horrible. Bad controls, bad cameras and not really scary.

Personally its still the second best RE game.

oh dear , well RE5 is a fun game, but its def not a Resident evil game imo.

its definetly not the worst ....since there are crappy spin offs...but i think among the main series 0,1,2,3,code veronica and 4 its not as great as the others...re5 felt like gears of war :hug: ..rather than survival horror

ive played all resident evil games dats 1 to 5 i think without a doubt 4 is d best n dat also by some distance resident evil 5 is not a bad game infact its a very good game yet it seems less like a resident evil game and more an action game 1,2and 3 were classic survival horror games but it lacked good camera angles and good controls

what happens when:

1. You throw a chick you can virtually play with in the game...

2. Make the game more n00b friendly...

3. Put in Chris Redfield

4. Release on all platforms (but PC) after creating a BIG hype machine

5. Add co-op

Game sells max :lol:

j/k....imho, re4 was too hardcore...and the releases were too sparsed out

Let the PC version release. It should propel the sales even more. Capcom really makes smart business decisions by releasing the console versions first & then optimising their games for PC. :devil:

Let the PC version release. It should propel the sales even more. Capcom really makes smart business decisions by releasing the console versions first & then optimising their games for PC. :cry:

even rockstar :devil: they have a 6 month gap between console and pc versions for GTA.

even rockstar :devil: they have a 6 month gap between console and pc versions for GTA.

Alas! We can't say the same about their optimization for PC versions titles, as it's evident from GTA IV & Bully's port. But they bring out some of the best titles on the market, no doubt about that. :cry: