Top ten A$$holes in Video games

AtheK

This one is sure funny :samui:

Top 10 Video Game A$$holes

We deal with these types of people throughout our daily lives, whether it is stuck in traffic, at the workplace, or even at home (I’m looking at you supposed loving “significant other”). We deal with them because we have to sometimes. Why do we subject ourselves, pay our hard earned money, to put up with these downright dirty characters in video games? Gaming for the most part should be part of our cool-down period. Well, to put it lightly, games need a-holes, and I’ve put together my list of my top 10 video game jackasses.

10-Dr-Robotnik-150x150.png

10. Dr. Eggman/Dr. Robotnik – Sonic the Hedgehog

There are a lot of evil game bosses and antagonists that could go on this list. Hell, pretty much every game known to man has some sort of bad guy, villain, or slimy character. Dr. Eggman is set apart from the rest with his unmitigated hatred of small woodland creatures. What on earth could these fluffy bunny rabbits, beavers, and birds do to deserve being held captive in huge metallic crates? As a young boy playing Sonic, this was my first taste of a-holes, and it really showed just how big of one Dr. Eggman was.

9-Leeroy-Jenkins-150x150.png

9. Leeroy Jenkins – World of Warcraft

Leeroy is on the list because he embodies all of those players out there that jump the gun and try to do everything themselves (plus it would really be hard to find a picture to embody an “a**hole gamer”). We’ve all played with someone like this in Left 4 Dead that tries to run ahead to get through the level, only to get “smokered” half way through and call out for help. There is no “I” in teamwork, so that means you still have to play nicely.

8-Fairy-150x150.jpg

8. Fairy – The Legend of Zelda Series

Sure, the easy route would be to just put Navi from Ocarina of Time, but everyone around here knows just how bad her annoying little voice is as she guides you through Hyrule telling you to “Look”, “Listen”, “Watch Out!” etc. No, I went with a different character from the Legend of Zelda series, and that is Fairy (no not Tingle). It really was all about the fairy in Legend of Zelda, from trying to hunt her quick moving entity with your snail’s pace Link, to having to take a bath with her to get your heart bars up again? What’s up with that? Are you trying to seduce me? When is it about Link?

5-Navarro-150x150.jpg

7. Navarro – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

I just finished Uncharted (yeah, I know I am way behind), but I can tell you that Navarro is just one big douchey a-hole. His character doesn’t get fully developed until midway through the game, but it’s enough to make him one of the biggest assholes in gaming. He might seem like a secondary character for most of Uncharted, but his “I told you so” remarks throughout and his dark tendencies come out to catapult him to the top of game baddies.

6-Your-Mom-150x150.jpg

6. Your Mom – Your House

This next one goes out to all of you who haven’t already moved out of your parent’s place. For those of you who haven’t, she is one of the biggest a-holes when it comes to playing games late at night, or during the day, or any other time for that matter. There are so many “Mom Rules” put into place to let you play games that it just get to be a chore. Only being able to play from 5:30pm to 5:31pm, to having to cover yourself and the TV in a blanket, and making sure the moon is in half orbit around the sun. Well, maybe that was just me, but for most of us, if Mom had her way, most of your free time would be filled with self grooming, reading books, and being constructive.

7-Bowser-150x150.jpg

5. Bowser Family – Super Mario Bros.

The Bowser family is essentially the O’Doyle family of all of gaming. All we know is Bowser had a lot of kids, and they all turned out to be spitting images of their father, trying to kill Mario with hammers (or shells from MarioKart). I really don’t want to imagine what a road trip through the Mushroom Kingdom would have been like in the station wagon of the Bowsers.

4-Scorpion-150x150.jpg

4. Scorpion – Mortal Kombat

Scorpion only speaks one line throughout the entire game, but it is more than enough to label him a big video game a-hole. “Get over here!” This was a staple of conversation on the school yard for me at the time, and one that really showcases just how impatient Scorpion is to rip your spinal cord out of your body. Come on Scorpion! Let me read the Lord of The Rings Trilogy one more time before we fight!

3-Mario-Ref-150x150.png

3. Mario Referee – Mike Tyson’s Punch Out!

We’ve all played through Punch Out! on the NES to get to Mike Tyson at one point or another, but gamers rarely talk about the ace in the sleeve of the title defender you are fighting. Of course I’m talking about Mario the referee. You could put a whippin’ on King Hippo, but no matter how many times you sent Glass Joe to the mat, or put Van Kaiser on the ropes, Mario was always on their side at the end of the 3rd round if there wasn’t a clear winner. I think someone is getting some money under the table!

2-Duck-Hunt-Dog-150x150.jpg

2. Hound Dog – Duck Hunt

Here are a few Duck Hunt shooting pointers: 1) Point plastic gun at your TV. 2) Pull the trigger! 3) Hope to hell you blow this mocking dog’s head off. With his pointing finger, hand over his mouth, and undeniable laugh, the hound dog from Duck Hunt goes down as one of the biggest a-holes in gaming history. Not doing so hot shooting down ducks? This dog is sure to let you know. Give ‘em hell!

1-King-of-Cosmos-150x150.jpg

1. King of All Cosmos – Katamari Damacy

The ESRB should have rated this game “A for @$$hole”. Katamari Damacy is by far one of the most original and funny games you’ll ever play. The idea of rolling up random household items set to tacky Japanese pop songs is absolutely brilliant, but the King of Cosmos will have you running to your bed to get under it. Not able to roll up enough items to make a star? Too bad! The King will put you down so much you’ll be running a cold shower so you can rock back and forth in the fetal position. “We broke it (the entire freaking galaxy!). Yes, we were naughty. So, very sorry. But just between you and us, it felt quite good.” He makes you not want to play the game anymore, and with him being the King of Cosmos, makes him one pretty big a-hole.

Hope you guys enjoyed the list! I’m sure I left a LOT of characters off of it, but do you have anybody you would like to add? Be sure to let me know in the comments!

Link: http://loot-ninja.com/2009/08/04/top-10-video-game-aholes/

didnt he die in the game ? or was it carmine?

ya he shoots himsef, some say it was to show how brutal locust was but the way they built up the hype for him and the space he got in the game :samui:

but i think lot of people do play him in MP but as for SP campaign he was apt for the title of this thread...

Don't bother with him, he's stuck with a 360.. hater he is.

funny as he put gow 3 in the list as well..

the game is not out.. for all we know he might turn out to be the noblest person in the world.. (hope not)

funny as he put gow 3 in the list as well..

the game is not out.. for all we know he might turn out to be the noblest person in the world.. (hope not)

a**hole no.. but badass fo..sure.

My top a**hole is final boss in heavenly sword.. whole game he irritates you.

king-bohan.jpg

Kratos is an a**hole...he doesn't even give a sh*t about others...just him and his goal...anyone in the middle is cannon fodder

Kratos is an a**hole...he doesn't even give a sh*t about others...just him and his goal...anyone in the middle is cannon fodder

what u call a**hole, i call badass..!!!

although Dennis Leary might hav a few words for that :hi:

Archived