Xbox360 clocks 54.2% Failure rate.

AtheK

^^Thats what they get scaled to. The original resolution stays the same, so they only get "stretched to fit".

Could be. I actually got confused.

What I meant was that if you set the 360 to 720p and if your TV is 1080p then the 360 upscales the image (which is pretty obvious). But then I could be right. Rendering the game at the set resolution would make more sense than upscaling/downscaling it twice (for the 360 and the TV).

WTF my post just disappeared.

Cant be bothered to type all that again but what I was saying was if images get upscaled stands to reason they would get downscaled too. So your 360 would be doing the same amount of work regardless.

Cant be bothered to type all that again but what I was saying was if images get upscaled stands to reason they would get downscaled too. So your 360 would be doing the same amount of work regardless.

WTF that is confusing! :P

Wow you're a genius. I'm sure it was a diabolical plan by M$ to name the console so and add inherent faults just so that one day some one would come up with the beauty above

BOOM !! you hit the nail on the head.........or is it WHACK!!!

i am sorry for being so insensitive towards your grief

let me make up for it

PLAYSTATION 3% FAILURE RATE

happy now

WTF that is confusing! :P

I think what he's saying is that the 360 renders the game at a fixed resolution (which is how it was coded). Then the scaling is done based on the selected resolution in the settings.

If the 360 was to render the game at different resolutions based on the settings, that would mean more work for the developers as they would have to keep game assets at different resolutions on the disc (I think. Not an expert on this sub). My initial question pertained to this doubt.

Can games be rendered at different resolutions? I remember there was a lot of noise made about how Dead Rising didn't support fonts for SDTVs. This would give an indication that the game is in fact coded to be rendered at different resolutions. Again, not very knowledgeable about this. Perhaps someone with the facts could clarify.

What I meant was that if you set the 360 to 720p and if your TV is 1080p then the 360 upscales the image (which is pretty obvious).

If your 360 is set to 720p then it will display at 720p in the tv only you can check the text size when your in 720p and 1080p.

also if you use 1080i, the tv scaler chip has to deinterlace it to 1080p.

But then I could be right. Rendering the game at the set resolution would make more sense than upscaling/downscaling it twice (for the 360 and the TV).
ct.

For the best image just set whatever your game native resolution is. 720P is perfect.

I am just curious.

According to offical estimates, the 360 has sold 32 million units. With a failiure rate of 54.2%, that would mean that around 17.3 million units have failed. Isn't that bound to cause a gigantic hole in their pockets?

I am just curious.

According to offical estimates, the 360 has sold 32 million units. With a failiure rate of 54.2%, that would mean that around 17.3 million units have failed. Isn't that bound to cause a gigantic hole in their pockets?

Last week the results of a poll conducted by Game Informer were released, showing that the Xbox 360 having a shocking 54.2 percent rate of failure among its nearly 5,000 respondents.

most of them should have old model,failure rate is very low in falcon (no idea about jasper havent heard rrod in this model) compare to older zephyr model

Archived