The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

Bruh, if you want to see clutch, watch this match in its entirety, without skipping a minute. As good as Thiem was playing, and Rafa was far from his optimum level, and yet, if just a few key points would've gone another way, Rafa would've had this in the bag in three sets. That damn net cord :D 

Some of the shots that Thiem hit were truly jaw-dropping. The forehands DTL off of Rafa's grunt filled semi-hammers and those goddamn backhands off of Rafa's bludgeon forehands. Man. Still, the difference maker was his defence today. Some of the balls that Thiem got back into play, nearly neutralising Rafa's near winners got him into the semis. Well done Thiem. 

Now this open is set-up quite well, with "next-gen" on one side, and Grandads on the other. 

Yet, this remains Novak's play ground. Take a set off of him here, and you have my attention. If Roger doesn't pull out tomorrow, maybe he can do that. Though unlikely. 

Tomorrow Barty vs Sofia Kenin. Love them both so will be happy for either one on winning :)

MUG vs Simona, now this is the more interesting one! Can Mugu pull out the win against Halep, she has done it before but Halep looked scary good against Kontaveit today, pummeling her 6-1, 6-1. My head says Simona but my heart wants Mugu to get the win!

Ham & Cheese for breakfast is the secret recipe for success! :D

So, Muguruza vs Sofia Kenin for the Women's Singles Final!

What a comeback from Mugu after that lack luster Asian tour later last year. Looks like climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro did her tons of good! And of course Conchita :)

And NOW... Fed vs Djoker :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Black_Hawk

Roger was injured, his lateral movement was in ruins. The gruellingly long Millman match did him in, physically.

The way Djoko came back from nearly getting breadstick'd in the first set to winning it was daylight robbery! Once past that and Djoko getting more adjusted he was in full flow thereafter. Just like in the Rakuten 2019 final vs Millman.

Dom vs Djoko for the Final... want that now!

Zverev had a good start but Thiem didn't give up. Set 3 and 4 were intense.

Final on Sunday - Thiem vs. Djokovic 

Women's final - Kenin vs. Muguruza... Really wanted either Helep or Barty. 

Not interested in either matches. Be back in May. 

Youngest since Sharapova and she used to look up to Sharapova. ?

“I definitely think about my Russian heritage and it helped me,” Kenin shared after making her breakthrough on the major courts. “I’ve looked up to Maria Sharapova, Anna Kournikova. I followed their matches when I was little.” 

“I feel like I got the feisty [approach]. I saw what it’s like. She won a grand slam at 17, Maria, which I remember watching on TV. Yeah, I feel like that definitely helped me. I have part of Russian stuff inside me, the fight that I have, trying just to be confident, do what I do best,” Kenin added.