The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Maria Sharapova, the tennis star who became one of the richest and most famous athletes of the 21st century, is retiring at age 32, worn down by injuries that hindered her as she tried to return to the top of the sport following a suspension for using a banned substance.

Will miss her for sure. ?

5 Grand Slams (10 times finalist) 

1 WTA Finals

14 Premier titles

1 Olympic Silver

36 WTA career titles

Career Grand Slam

21 weeks at #1

Hell of a career.  Drugs scandal aside, she will go down as an all time great. Not many people have or will ever win all 4 slams. 

15 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Djokovic vs Monfils SF match at the Dubai ATP Championships is LIVE now on Sony ESPN HD. If anyone wants to watch.

As a Fed fan, I was laughing my a*s off when he won from 3 match points down. Haha

for me this guy is the GOAT. What mental strength. ? 

There's a reason why champions are.. champions. There's no one better today than Djokovic, but yesterday Monfils lost that match. Three second serves and three unforced errors on three match points, after having played an incredible 2 sets. That match was why tennis is love, and also why sport is cruel. There's no participation trophies. 

Monfils had him. He'd barraged that brick wall  and had found gaps. He and should've closed it. Djokovic would have. 

Djokovic does it last evening and Nadal this morning...

ER-6-Sr-EW4-AAd-Ps-W.jpg

2020 Mexican Open (Acapulco) Champion! These guys making new gen players look like peasants. Straight sets, a little over an hour and job done. Picks up his 85th Career Title! :majesty:

Edited by Black_Hawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally watching some LIVE tennis this evening!

The Tipsport Elite Trophy from Prague...

20200615-171309.jpg

Fans in the stand are sitting further away from each other but in one particular area they are well packed in:

20200615-171512.jpg

Didn't see the people in the stands wearing any masks either which eggs me to ask, is Prague COVID-19 free now?

• 2 months later...