The Tennis Thread

The Assassin

• 3 months later...

Nole's form also hasn't been great of late with losses in Monte-Carlo, Serbia & more recently in Rome.  His elbow is not at 100% and it's hurting him. Guess it's finally time for the Big 3 to bow out soon then... :(

Next Gen has truly arrived in Alcaraz, Ruud and Rune.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Sad 1

On 5/20/2023 at 12:26 AM, Black_Hawk said:

Nole's form also hasn't been great of late with losses in Monte-Carlo, Serbia & more recently in Rome.  His elbow is not at 100% and it's hurting him. Guess it's finally time for the Big 3 to bow out soon then... :(

Don't think he can win RG in his current form, but he's surely winning Wimbledon. 

37 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Don't think he can win RG in his current form, but he's surely winning Wimbledon. 

I'm not too sure about that but we'll see. The current gen is stacking up beautifully now and playing fearless Tennis. They are not like the previous two weak generations, think Tsitsipas.

18 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I'm not too sure about that but we'll see. The current gen is stacking up beautifully now and playing fearless Tennis. They are not like the previous two weak generations, think Tsitsipas.

Yeah, it'll be an interesting year. 

Wimbledon has been very elusive for "next gen" players. 

I hope someone can break the curse finally. 

There haven't been any winners outside of Fed/Rafa/Nole/Murray since 2003. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Alcaraz and Djokovic both through to the QF's of French Open as expected.

Now things are going to really heat up in the coming week! A SF clash could very well be on the cards between Alcaraz and Djokovic and I well and truly doubt if Djokovic is going to go past the new Spanish Bull.

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Alcaraz and Djokovic both through to the QF's of French Open as expected.

Now things are going to really heat up in the coming week! A SF clash could very well be on the cards between Alcaraz and Djokovic and I well and truly doubt if Djokovic is going to go past the new Spanish Bull.

That semi final will be more or less the final, whoever wins that will end up winning the cup.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

That semi final will be more or less the final, whoever wins that will end up winning the cup.

I really think it's Alcaraz who is going to win this time. His match last night vs Musetti showed how confident and sublime he is on clay right now.

Edited by Black_Hawk

47 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I really think it's Alcaraz who is going to win this time. His match last night vs Musetti showed how confident and sublime he is on clay right now.

He is definitely the favourite

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Alcaraz looks in smashing form. Hopefully Djokovic can tap in its experience.

I agree man! With the last gen having Tsitsipas, Medvedev, Zverev I didn't worry too much when they faced Djokovic because they would fold nicely in front of him BUT with Alcaraz it's not like that. He plays fearless Tennis and right now he is in red hot form and peaking. Novak will need his experience, mental prowess and a very high level of gameplay on Friday to go past this opponent and that too on clay.

I want Novak to win but with opponents from this new generation like Ruud, Rune and Alcaraz and the seemingly powerful and fearless Tennis they are bringing to the game... the shift of power is very near.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the Men's SF games tomorrow:

SF 1: Alcaraz vs Djokovic

SF2: Ruud vs Zverev

In the Women's stable today's SF match between Swiatek and Haddad Maia should be good! Beatriz has really been doing well so hoping for a good match. I'm mostly thinking the Women's Final will be between Swiatek and Sabalenka with Swiatek winning the Championship.

Too bad Miss Ice Princess had to witndraw due to a viral infection. :(

Edited by Black_Hawk

Match was over the moment Alcaraz started cramping. He still needs a lot of work on his body conditioning. Sad for him because the 2nd set was phenomenal with both Novak and Carlos absolutely giving it everything. I honestly thought this match would be a 5-setter with the way they were playing but it all broke apart...

Congratulations to Novak for moving onto the Final. He'll mostly eat up Ruud or Zverev (whoever makes it there).

• Like 1