PS3 Video output problem !

VoiLaTeR

Hey guys i need a little help here, firstly my PS3 is working just fine !

The thing is yesterday my ps3 was plugged in with my lcd and was playin with hdmi plugged in !

Everything was fine till yesterday but when i switched on my ps3 today the lcd was showing no signal on HDMI !

Then i connected it with AV cable to see if its working fine, and yea i was able to play games etc through AV cable but couldnt do the same with HDMI ! I thought maybe its some problem with the HDMI cable but i tried another 2 perfectly allright HDMI cable but to no avail !

Then for just a check up i plugged in my PS3 with my tft (24'' fullhd) too but that was displaying ''no signal '' too !

And the thing is when i reset the ps3 (10 secs button press) it does detect the hdmi cable with the following pop up '' an hdmi cable has been detected, do u want the seeting to be changed.....'' (the default pop up , but even after selecting it it again shows no signal !

Can anybody clear me whats the effin problem with my PS3 :doh: and a fix for it ???

PS : My ps3 went out of warranty just 6 days back ! :(:wave:

Cheers !

wats effin ?? :samui:

try composite and hdmi at the same time.

in composite everything will be displayed and then select HDMI. see if that works. if it aint working then it will revert back to composite

This was the first thing i did and yes its reverting back, it shows ''NO SIGNAL '' on HDMI !

Try this: Connect ur PS3 to ur LCD with HDMI, when u switching on ur PS3 keep the power button pressed, even after it gets on..this will reset ur display setting and should work on HDMI..

I had similar problem once nd the mentioned tip did the job..

he has already done it...

bro wats ur firmware??try installin 3.01...

I don't have a exactly same issue, but my problem is SCREEN flickers too much on HDMI. When output is 1080P only this happens. I mean playing game usually at 720P no problems are faced but when i come back to menu i.e:- 1080P same flickering occurs. I have tried two diferent HDMI cable but same thing happens.

I am presently using HDMI -DVI cable to connect it to my LCD monitor, then its working fine.

Any ideas, how to resolve the issue ?

I don't have a exactly same issue, but my problem is SCREEN flickers too much on HDMI. When output is 1080P only this happens. I mean playing game usually at 720P no problems are faced but when i come back to menu i.e:- 1080P same flickering occurs. I have tried two diferent HDMI cable but same thing happens.

I am presently using HDMI -DVI cable to connect it to my LCD monitor, then its working fine.

Any ideas, how to resolve the issue ?

Can your screen handle 1080p? Any problems with other 1080p sources?

Yup, My LCD is 42" Philiphs Full HD TV. I don't have any other HD source with me. My other LCD is a LCD monitor which only has DVI as input so cant use HDMI cable with it to check the functionality. :hug:

But one thing is there, that screen start flickering and going black only after few seconds of going into PS3 menu screen. I even played a BLU RAY movie disc even then there was no flickering or any other disturbance. Its only when i go back to PS3 menu screen, it starts to flicker. :thumbsup:

Archived