The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

yes, get the cover.. it's worth it.. Dell Service is too good..but the laptop quality isn't. Most of them also have heating issues and they also raised the prices recently..Best option right now (if u can wait a bit) would be to get the Asus U43JC

yes, get the cover.. it's worth it.. Dell Service is too good..but the laptop quality isn't. Most of them also have heating issues and they also raised the prices recently..Best option right now (if u can wait a bit) would be to get the Asus U43JC

It's not for me, it's for a *friend* whose whimsical dad (he says yes one day, no the next, so best to go for it while he's saying yes :lol: ) doesn't think ASUS is a well-known brand name. So yeah, atleast he's agreed to a Dell.

Her PC is ancient to say the least. hence difficult to wait even further.

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

Go with the warranty dude..

i guess you just need to pay some extra 2000rs ryt?? its totally worth because dont expect the Dell to live more than one year without any problem!

I mean limited warranty Vs. Dell Completecover (drop, spill, throw laptop out of window, dog pisses on it, we still fix it blah blah)

That costs around 8k to 12k depending on the model but it is totally worth it. Plus it is best to buy it while buying the lappy because it is much more expensive to buy it separately afterwards..

Their on-site warranty is reliable in the sense that someone at least attends to a service request.Can't vouch for the quality of service though.

Dell's service centre in Chennai is shitty.They have a bunch of retards who don't know anything technical.Moreover,when I had a problem recently with an out of warranty laptop they wouldn't even diagnose it and give me an estimate for the repair.Instead they advised me to go ahead and get a two year warranty for 15k. :doh:

I have used two Dells and honestly the build quality isn't that great either.I will not get another Dell for sure.

• Like 1

^^ True but others are even worse in India except Apple (Dunno about Asus..Hope they are good). Plus at least you don't have to run around the service centers again and again. And from my experience, if you have complete cover, even if they can't diagnose the problem, they will replace almost every part of the laptop until it gets fixed :P

• Like 1

Guys I need a recommendation for a laptop in the budget of 40k, basic use of the laptop is for office use,preferrably Dell, :( help me out guys, gotta gift it to someone before this month ends :chair::panic:

u can easilly get something cheaper with same specs if u go with samsung or acer .... a dell @37-38K will cost 30K in samsung /acer

• 3 weeks later...

Guys.. Any of you planning to buy a Sony VIAO ..Think twice..

I bought one White & Silver E-Series from croma malad in May. I loved that laptop and got it for 46k. Within 15 days it stopped and refused to switch on.. I was asked to take it to Sony Service center all the way to Saki Naka..(Those of you who are aware of which bottom pit hole of the world Saki Naka is located at espacially in Mumbai monsoon will understand my plight.. Anyway!)

They said the batteryz gone and they will replace it.. They did that and I got my laptop back.. Just 2 days after..It again went into this coma..and I sat there looking helplessly at him.. :huh:

This time again I took it to Saki Naka and they said, they will replace the mother-board.. I got my laptop back in a week's time and found it recuperating but verrry slow..

In a week's time it again refused to switch on and went dead..

By now I was totally frustrated and so I dumped that laptop of mine at Sony Service station at Saki Naka and asked for a replacement -a new piece.. It's been 2 weeks since then. They said they will replace it but they are out of stock of an E-series Viao laptop..

To cut the long story short.. Can any of you help me how to fight this out?? I even complained in the Sony Consumer Cell gotta a mail of apology and I also registered a complaint online on Consumer Grievance Cell.

I am very sad and disappointed now and miss my Laptop!! :cry:

A lot of ppl in here say Sony lappys are shite.....u would have been better off with a Dell or HP laptop. Well, next time u wanna buy something...ask in here...we'll help

Can anyone suggest me a lappy within 50k range?? its either going for the lappy or building a rig.

your inputs here will help me if i choose to continue gaming on my consoles and go for a lappy.

I will use it for well...watching movies :P, lots of browsing and some gaming( doesn't have to run in high detail). would be happy if runs the games in atleast med settings..I was considering a laptop so that i can do most of this while lying on my bed..

How good is this from Dell?? Dell Studio 15

A lot of ppl in here say Sony lappys are shite.....u would have been better off with a Dell or HP laptop. Well, next time u wanna buy something...ask in here...we'll help

Yup right.. And the optimistic me even bought a 3 year extended warrenty with that shitty laptop..which didnt last 3 weeks.. :threatenlumber: