The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

Any ideas about Acer after sales service? I'm planning to buy a new laptop (TimelineX 4820T or 4820TG). Was planning to get asus bamboo series but that is much more expensive as compared to acer..

Can anyone suggest me a lappy within 50k range?? its either going for the lappy or building a rig.

your inputs here will help me if i choose to continue gaming on my consoles and go for a lappy.

I will use it for well...watching movies :P, lots of browsing and some gaming( doesn't have to run in high detail). would be happy if runs the games in atleast med settings..I was considering a laptop so that i can do most of this while lying on my bed..

How good is this from Dell?? Dell Studio 15

er..any help on this??

Yup right.. And the optimistic me even bought a 3 year extended warrenty with that shitty laptop..which didnt last 3 weeks.. :threatenlumber:

iit's more bad luck i guess... my sis has been using a vaio for a couple of years now... no major issue as such... :console:

iit's more bad luck i guess... my sis has been using a vaio for a couple of years now... no major issue as such... :console:

Bad Luck- YES!! I 'm kinda used to it by now :(

But Bad Service from Sony... SUX!!!! Why do we pay premium to Sony when they are lousy, unhelpful and located at goddamn place in some shitty nook somewhere.. :rant:

Oye Hoye!!!

Sony finally replaced my Laptop and gave me a brand new E-series.. (Though They didn't have white n silver!)

All my trips to Saki Naka.. My ranting on the Customer Service Helpline.. My wait n Boiling Blood.. all sooooo worth it! :bicycle:

Happy Happy Tonight.. :exoticdance:

Trouble is, I need to wreck my brain now to install all software..etc .. to get me started..

What OS does it have??

Win 7 i believe

Yup.. Actually, I m not all that happy with the decision to get it anymore .. Wish I had checked it here before I bought it.. Cud have bought something even better in 50k kinda budget..Haina?

But it works for my basic comp needs anyway..so thats ok, I guess..

Any ideas about Acer after sales service? I'm planning to buy a new laptop (TimelineX 4820T or 4820TG). Was planning to get asus bamboo series but that is much more expensive as compared to acer..

Full Of Crap,I'd rather buy a candy and choke on it and sue the guy and get free of those for life then get Acer Gaycer,

Yup.. Actually, I m not all that happy with the decision to get it anymore .. Wish I had checked it here before I bought it.. Cud have bought something even better in 50k kinda budget..Haina?

But it works for my basic comp needs anyway..so thats ok, I guess..

Wow 50k for that crap

If u went the Dell way u could have gotten a Studio XPS 16...and that is just a brilliant laptop!!

They said the batteryz gone and they will replace it.. They did that and I got my laptop back.. Just 2 days after..It again went into this coma..and I sat there looking helplessly at him.. :huh:

Sony lappys are never him :P

Edited by Just_Another_Guy

Saw it for 50 something at croma

A friend of mine got one for 62k a couple of weeks back... He might have added something to his notebook then!! Though, its a killer machine... Im gonna be buying it soon...

Also, Sony VAIO does not suck... Their customer support is not sh*t, atleast in Delhi or Chandigarh... I have been using VAIO since 4yrs now and I use it like a desktop i.e. it keeps running for 3-4days continuously before I breifly give it a rest for 10-15minutes... And, it is still gunning!! Though the battery is dead because of such usage.. But, its durability is top class... I mean nothing has gone wrong with it even after such extensive usage I've put it under.. I bow down to thee :majesty:

What do you guys think about this one?

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor (2.53GHz, 4 Thread, turbo boost up to 3.06GHz, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMORY 4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i3/i5, and i7-620M processors)

HARD DRIVE 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

AUDIO SOLUTION Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster® X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution

BATTERIES 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

SOFTWARE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010

WARRANTY 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection

DISPLAY 15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™

VIDEO CARD ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 1GB

This config comes to around 58.3K, with shipping not factored in, so round total should be around 60K or so

The only thing VAIO has over this is the Graphics card. (ATI HD 5650)

What do you guys think about this one?

This config comes to around 58.3K, with shipping not factored in, so round total should be around 60K or so

The only thing VAIO has over this is the Graphics card. (ATI HD 5650)

if you are going to do any amount of gaming go for one with ati 5650. The entry level 5470 is crap as is the entry level Nvidia G310M. Basically the entry level mobile gpus of both vendors suck balls - it is just that the intel integrated ones suck even more. The difference between mid level mobile discrete gpus and the entry levels is too vast. So if you are gaming go for the ati 56xx one without even batting an eyelid.

source for poor gpu performance - http://www.anandtech.com/show/3857/dell-studio-14-defining-solid

personally i have an acer laptop with Nvidia 310M and it sucks. Cannot play many of the new games at decent resolutions.