khanak

The Laptop/Notebook thread.

guys, i need some urgent advice. the below product is available to me at 30k. pls let me know what u think of it, is it worth paying 30 k? Its a used one put on sale by someone in my office :

http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-DV6605US-En...r/dp/B000W12VZ4

pls reply ASAP !

Edited by Ne0ViniT

I own a HP and have worked a lot on IBMs, Dells and Compaqs, none of them come close in terms of style. As for durability Id say theyre just about ok for 3-4 years of hard use. Im talking about taking your laptop everywhere with you including use in planes and buses.

There are different series in Vaios to target different user groups. Even their cheapest series, the CR series feels way better than my HP.

When I chose my next laptop its going to be between a Mac and a Vaio.

Edited by khanak

i no dell owns alienware...buy then i cant afford it unless my uncle can get it frm the us ...which rite now seems highly unlikely...i compare the one of the dell xps fully upgraded with the alienware area 51 through their us store...it turns out dell is more expensive...includin the blu ray write and yatayata...btw...how good is a 8700 gt sli card?

well, dell is definitely better value for money..but i agree with khanak....they make such shitty looking laptops..!! style is something they dont wanna focus on....vaio and HP are better in tht dep...but vaio is ridiculously expensive...just coz of the sony brand name....their laptop configs suck badly and prices are sky high....but i agree tht they do have lot of style....

tell u what, have a look at asus also....i have the g1s....amazing laptop...has style and config both...carbon fibre body, etc...its on the higher end price levels....if u are looking for something lesser, there are many lappys tht will fit yr budget....asus lappys are really stylish and are all coming with the latest technologies....

they're really worth giving a look at imo....

Edited by vee-en