The Laptop/Notebook thread.

khanak

I would pick up the Inspiron 11 or wait for Coffee Lake budget SKU's /AMD Raven Ridge SKU based devices to come to this price point. 

If you are constrained by time and have to pick up the device right now, I think the gaudy DELL is a better bet than any other unless like @AtheK suggested you want to pick up an HP Spectre /DELL XPS line device. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Nah done with their overpriced sh*t. I'm not dropping 1L+ for an entry level laptop lol.

Never thought I would see the day. 

Edited by ALPHA17

On 10/13/2017 at 10:30 AM, ALPHA17 said:

^ They sell notebooks based on the Clevo modular platform. 

TIL. Thanks sir. Have you personally come across anyone using it?

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

guess HP Spectre might cut it for you, waht is the budget.

I personally never liked HP "gaming laptops" tbh. Something about them have "shady" written all over it like inside build. Also services were really bad when I had one.

Nevermind. I'm dumb lol.

Justsaying. 

Edited by SonicDave

I personally never liked HP "gaming laptops" tbh. Something about them have "shady" written all over it like inside build. Also services were really bad when I had one. Just saying. 
Spectre is not a gaming laptop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, SonicDave said:

TIL. Thanks sir. Have you personally come across anyone using it?

Couple people, mostly DiGiT and TechEnclave crowd. 

5 minutes ago, SonicDave said:

I personally never liked HP "gaming laptops" tbh. Something about them have "shady" written all over it like inside build. Also services were really bad when I had one. Just saying. 

Stop confusing Spectre and Omen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALPHA17 said:

I would pick up the Inspiron 11 or wait for Coffee Lake budget SKU's /AMD Raven Ridge SKU based devices to come to this price point. 

If you are constrained by time and have to pick up the device right now, I think the gaudy DELL is a better bet than any other unless like @AtheK suggested you want to pick up an HP Spectre /DELL XPS line device. 

Never thought I would see the day. 

Yeah I can wait till 8th gen Intels start showing up in 11" form factor. 

Also every Apple thing I own is from before Jobs' death, haven't bought anything since. I realize now I was more of fan of the person than company itself.

• Like 1

^ Cool, let me know what happens. Coffee Lake is already available in larger notebooks but let's hope it comes to smaller devices and that AMD launches and ties up for Raven Ridge for smaller solutions too.

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Also every Apple thing I own is from before Jobs' death, haven't bought anything since. I realize now I was more of fan of the person than company itself.

#courage

Edited by ALPHA17

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone recommend a slim non-gaming laptop for "heavy office" works? Like Ultrabooks but with better processor. We actually have an Ultrabook with older i3U CPU. Not happy with the performance.

Desired specs:

1. CPU: i5/i7 with 4 cores. (Non-U chips please)

2. RAM: 8GB minimum

3. HDD: SSD

3. 15.6"

4. 1080p display with very good display and color production. 

5. Discrete graphics not required but it will be bonus. Doesn't have to be GTX1050. Even older lower-mid GTX 9xxM works

6. Should be light like Ultrabooks if possible.

7. Budget: N/A. Mid-tier range.

8. Preferred brand: Dell. I want something like an XPS but in 15.6".

Edited by SonicDave

So my brother is graduating from Photography school. Need to buy him a laptop for photo editing / video rendering / content creation. Screen brightness and accuracy is important. 

Was thinking of getting him this Macbook Pro: 

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B073QVY9PQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509792553&sr=1-3&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=macbook+pro&dpPl=1&dpID=51G4Ma1StgL&ref=plSrch

That 128 SSD is a huge downer as I am assuming post OS it will have around 80/90 GB ? But the difference between 128 and 256 is almost 14k a bit too much for just the space. 

Anyone who is into photo editing and content creation, Is there any other recommendation is good screen ? Budget is less than a lakh. 

On 10/29/2017 at 10:22 PM, SonicDave said:

Can someone recommend a slim non-gaming laptop for "heavy office" works? Like Ultrabooks but with better processor. We actually have an Ultrabook with older i3U CPU. Not happy with the performance.

Desired specs:

1. CPU: i5/i7 with 4 cores. (Non-U chips please)

2. RAM: 8GB minimum

3. HDD: SSD

3. 15.6"

4. 1080p display with very good display and color production. 

5. Discrete graphics not required but it will be bonus. Doesn't have to be GTX1050. Even older lower-mid GTX 9xxM works

6. Should be light like Ultrabooks if possible.

7. Budget: N/A. Mid-tier range.

8. Preferred brand: Dell. I want something like an XPS but in 15.6".[/quote]

Anyone using any laptop like this?

Edited by SonicDave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...